Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TV Star in the making

Hi guys. Just thought of a good topic. Am I now famous as I appeared on the Channel 4 programme 15 to One, a couple of years ago. Anybody else been on telly?.

Re: TV Star in the making

P.S. I know I posted this on another topic, but thought i'd start a fresh one to generate a bit of interest and comment.

Hi Rod I'm sure we will soon be seeing you in Eastenders or Corrie

Yeah, I was on the box for all of 20 seconds. Not in England mind. It was during my tour in Singapore between 68-71 and I was on a football tour of Malaya with a team selected from the RAF. We played several of the top sides, but the only game I can remember is the one where I scored the only goal. Memorable, because it was with my left foot - about 30 yards out and I dummied from my right onto my left and without looking where it was going, caught it just right and it rocketed over the goalkeepers head, not that difficult considering the average malay is only 4 ft 6 ins high. Did'nt realise the cameras were there at the time but we were flicking channels on the tele back at the hotel and this football match came on (just the highlights) and there was my goal going in with a spurt of commentary with my name at the end of it - don't think they had video's then

Hi Rod,
My wife and I were on TV for a whole programme about a Western family but don't know if it counts, it was on Saudi TV !

Hello all, I was also on TV regards this government wanting to have area parliaments?? I told them that forever there has been Divide and Conquer,so leave things alone and let the next general election sort things out !!..Larry

I auditioned to go on Malta TV in 1968 but they wanted us to do something by the Seekers! I asked if the Searchers was close enough and we did Needles and Pins. It didn't go on air, never understood why.