Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Invitation to all who served on GAN..

I will be on Gan from 5-12th Dec, and I will try to photograph anthing that would be of interest to any of you. Telephone me at home 01830 520060 or e-mail at lawrence.dodds@tiscali.co.uk with any requests. This will be the 4th and probably the last time I will be on the Island, so I will try and make a better DVD than last time, and if OK there will be plenty of copies free for the :boys;..One of my great pals[Mick DeBell got in touch after 35yrs,and is also coming out on the same flight,so no doubt there will be some tales to tell. I am looking forward to Mick telling the wives about when he went on leave to Singapore[Bugis St]where he tried his hand away and foundit was not holding what he thought it should have been!!!!. Marty Whitaker if you read this get in touch as I have some good photos of you,after getting some old negatives reprinted.. Looking forward to hearing from any of you Larry

Re: Invitation to all who served on GAN..

Hope you have a really great time Larry and I'm sure memories will come flooding back. I will talk to you later about a copy of the DVD, but I would like a good look at the old SHQ building. Enjoy yourselves. Don't know what you mean about Bugis Street it was a very genteel place with the lovely Southern Cabaret and various other things.

Larry, Any photos you want put up on the site e-mail them to me and I'll upload them.

Cheers

Phil..

Larry
Can you please describe what if any precautions the Adduans are taking to prevent the islands becoming awash with global warming seas