Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Peter Parritt

Hello everyone I was searching the net with regards to Gan as my father was based ther in the 60's and found the photo of the re-union, I thought that users of this board should no that my father has died, he's the guy on the RHS in the wheelchair.

He absolutly loved his time on Gan and would often tell me stories about his time there, I believe it was the happiest time of his life.

He will be cremated at Chanterlands Ave Crematorium in Hull on 8/2/06 if any of you are local or in the area your're more than welcolm to attend.

If any of you would like more details my e-mail address is at the topare at the top.

Regards R Parritt

Re: Peter Parritt

Peter, Please accept my condolences on your sad loss, and please pass them on to all your family. My thought will be with you on the 8th. Willie.

Thankyou for your kind words my dad was very proud of his time in the RAF and on Gan and was really happy to have made it to the re-union in 2003.

Hello Robert
Please accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your Dad. I did have a little chat with him at the Odiham re-union. I was on Gan from Feb 1960 to Feb 1961, I think we all enjoyed our time there.
Will be thinking about you and the family on the 8th.
Terry Medland

Please accept my deepest sympathies re your loss, I know all the ex-Gannites that read this site will feel the same. Like the others will be thinking of him and you on the 8th, God bless mate.

Tony

I would like to join the rest of the lads on this site in expressing our deepest sorrow at your loss.
I'm sure when we have our reunion in Glasgow next month, we will be sure to raise a glass or two to all Gannites who are no longer with us.........

Hello Robert
Please accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your Father.

I can only express what has been said before.My thoughts will be with you on that day
Regards Graham Jones

Hi Peter,
Just another wee note, I hope you all got through today, I know you will be still numb, but it will pass, it will take time, but it will get better, I know this only too well. Please accept once again my condolences, and I think I can speak for all ex Gannites in this. God bless, Willie.

Peter
Sorry to hear the passing of your Dad, perhaps when time heals its wounds you might like to add some of his stories to Taffs forum

Thank you all for your kind words, I have printed off this forum page and shared it with the family, My dad has quite a collection of Gan photos somewhere when I come accross them I'll upload them to the site, you never know there might be pictures of yourselves among them.

Best Regards

Rob