Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Smoking ban in Scotland

Hi Guys, just in case any of you arnt aware but Scotland's smoking ban comes into force on 26th March this year. So nae smoking in bars, hotels, restaurants etc for anyone going to the reunion on the 31st !!!!
But hey, enjoy yourselves, get ******* take drugs, have a fight but no no smoking......

Gerry..

Re: Smoking ban in Scotland

Nobody said anything about fighting before!! - I bleed too easily and whats more I'll have my best kit on.
I got stranded overnight on Glasgow Central station during 1974 on the way up to Kinloss. It was the most terrifying 8 hours of my life, the locals could smell a sassenach from 3 miles away. I was hiding in litter bins and even thought about zipping meself up inside my RAF holdall. I had'nt been concerned about this before because I thought that Gerry would provide serious protection, seeing as he used to be a black belt in something, but now it sounds as though he's looking for trouble

Dinnae worry aboot it Nobby, I'll take really good care of you up here. !!!!! The locals are really quite friendly (most of the time) and only get upset if you happen to mention anything to do with football in 1966 !!!!!!!

Gerry.

Nobby, dont mention football and 1966 (if you want to keep all your remaining teeth intact), HOWEVER, if you want to mention MURRAYFIELD February 25th 2006 SCOTLAND 18 (yes eighteen) ENGLAND 12, you should be safe enough...

Sounds as though I'm better off leaving my teeth at home! Got to face facts that I have a mush that Jocks love to punch - actually, at Kinloss in 74 when they made it to the world cup and we did'nt, I hold the record for being nutted the most times in one week, usually after I became abusive in the Naafi. I was driving through Glasgow a couple of years ago, I jumped lanes and this car pulls up alongside and theres this red-haired jock ranting in a foreign dialect - I tried to appear semi-hard in response cos my wife was there, but I was quaking in my boots, he had arms like popeye. Hopefully by the time the "do" comes round, everybody will have forgotten about the rugby, gutted is an understatement - can they do the grand slam? they'll probably beat all the best teams and then go down to Italy.

Well I was'nt gonna bring up the Murrayfield result, but seeing as Rod has done it, Get it right up them!!

Anybody out there fancy talking about recent footie results? or will I be putting my Glasgow trip in jeopardy?

Nobby, you were winning up until that point, I wouldnt push it too much, Willie bears grudges very easily......

Willie always bears grudges - just buy him a beer and then he will be your friend for life, but, you will have to wait a long time for him to buy you one back. I always believed that people north of the border had short arms and long pockets, just sit him in a corner, buy him a couple of beers, he will be happy like Larry, beware don't look up his kilt, his shreddies have more skid marks than Donnington park, apart from that, he is a decent sort of chap.

R

What have I told you about blethering pish, Ron? I still have it my memory banks that I bought the last round, so I will be eagerly awaiting you putting your hand in your pocket, the pocket without the hole in it,that is, and mines a beer with a whisky chaser. Remember, that Aussie dosh is no good in Scotland, so bring some REAL beer chits with you, you will need plenty. See you all this month, Willie.

Willie, did we not buy them several rounds in Belfast last year?....not our fault they were not there to drink them, so it should be a cheap weekend for us this time round