Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gan reunion Glasgow

Hi Thought I had better post on this site as well as some still seem somewhat confused !!!! ( Think Dreamcatcher must still be daydreaming !!!!))
Hotel Hampton Court Renfrew st, Edwards bar, West George st and Modern India West Regent st for evening nosh. Spoke to the hotel and the young lady there says the rooms should be ready about noon but if not you can still leave your luggage there and meet in the pub.

Re: Gan reunion Glasgow

What reunion????????

Only joking....

Is this the one in Blackpool Gerry????

Hey Tony,
It's the Blackpool side of Glasgow.

Or, is it the Glasgow side of Blackpool ????

You are all right, the reunion is being held in several locations this year so that way everyone will be able to make it. !!!!
For those south of Watford it will be in the Queen Vic, albert square. Peggy has all the gen.

For those north, in the Rovers Return, talk to Fred, I say talk to Fred......

For those foreign emigrants in the bush, Skippys Irish and aborigine theme bar, Kangeroo avenue.....Somewhere in Oz.....

For those of us lucky enough to live in God¨s Country and have just beaten the English again !!!!

Well we know where to meet, dont we Wullie !!!!

Gerd ..

Yes, we meet at opening time in a pub in Glasgow, and if nobody we know is in there, we move to another one till we eventually run into somebody we know, and after a few beers and nips, we know everybody!! See you all very soon, in Edwards, eh, Jerry? Cheers, Willie.

The reunion was a great success, thanks to all the lads that were there, and some I had only met for the first time and felt like I had known them for years.
It was a really good couple of days and I am now really looking forward to the next one.

All the best

Tony

Yeah, I agree. Highlights for me were staying awake all night listening to Gerry snoring like a vietnamese pot-bellied pig interspersed with the odd thunderous involuntary fart. Revenge was sweet in the shape of my missing the bowl with an early morning wee and then hearing Gerry splashing about in it later in his bare feet.

I thought Glasgow was a great venue and the only time I felt threatened was when Willie caught me looking down his wife's cleavage.

When it comes to stamina you have to take your hat off to Willie and Tony, theirs is the standard we should all be aiming for. I will have to practice more for Blackpool next year - or is it Amsterdam?

Well , my abiding memories of Glasgow is Nobby first lying on his bed waiting for the phone on the table to ring but which in fact was a shoe shine box and then later on trying to change the TV channel with it thinking it was the remote.
Then the ultimate degradtion was him cowering in his bed in the foetal position whimpering " I want to go asleep, leave me alone....BOOHOO !!!!!!!!!

We can't all be Marconi's, anyway its more a case of Mr Magoo i.e an eyesight problem. Yeah, okay I can whimper with the best of em, but the next phase after that is the green hulk - so you were lucky

Just saw the photos of the reunion.
Can someone please explain why no-one wore a Gan Siggie T-shirt ???
or was it too cold - I wore mine in the hospital.

Back on the juice, so beware for next year, you guys better be practising.

The green hulk ??? More like the Super Sulk !!!!!!

The only time I saw you turn green was when you finally had to buy a round of drinks that night !!!!

Loads of highlights from the weekend, but the best?...Nobby, eating that green chilli.....absolutely hilarious, Nobby, trying to get out of the leather settee in Weatherspoons Bar....Nobby and his tale of the freckle,,,,,,Nobby and his tale of Charlie Williams....
Why did it all come down to Nobby????....
You hear stories of guys, and you think, god, somebody has made that up, but with Nobby?...nope, what you have heard, is all true....
If the same lot turn up at Blackpool next year, (Prague if its Gerry), then it promises to be even better, just hate to think what Nobby could get up to with a donkey on Blackpool Beach (well, not really, I could hazard a guess or two, but maybe the RSPCA may object).
Thanks everybody for a great weekend, my missus still cant get over how 'normal'(!) you all turned out to be.....

Right, I bloody missed Nobby and the green chili, AND, the story about Charlie Williams, that means he will have to do them again next year, in fact, the one with Nobby trying to get off the leather sofa was so bloody funny, it has to happen every reunion from now on. Cheers, Willie.

Wullie, I think I know why you didnt remember Nobby stories. Could it be that session with Tony and Setch from early afternoon till midnight have something to do with it ?????? Its a puzzle isnt it ????

Session!! What session??

When setch bought you one and then you bought setch one. Thats a setchone....

Get it !!!!!

Doh!!!! I fink so!!