Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Brian Davies

Does anyone know Brian Davies ,he was from London and was in Air Movements from 1960/61. He was my co-mate on Radio Gan during this time. I lost touch with him but would really like to contact him again

Terry Medland

Re: Looking for Brian Davies

I went to London once, didn't meet a Brian.
Did a few bowel movements 72/73.

Hi Terry you have to excuse Ron, he went to Australia some years ago if search of a personality. Sadly, he never found one out cos out there they are very scarce.
What he meant to say was, he went to London and lost his brain.
Sorry, dont know the guy you are talking about but someone on the site might have more info.

Thanks for your reply Gerry. I was hoping someone would come up with his whereabouts but he was not at either of the re-unions at Odiham or Duxford. Perhaps I will hear something a lot of people have had a look at the thread

With over 200 hits I thought someone might have known something about Brian. I'll wait a bit longer perhaps someone will have heard of him

Have tried on another website for you, so may be lucky on that one

Thanks for your message Ron. What website have youi tried
Terry

Terry

Try this one

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=46291

and look under 'looking for'

maybe that will help you with your search

R

There is an Air Movements website. It might be of help to you to locate someone. I'm not sure whether you put Air Movements or RAF Air Movements into Google for a search but it is worth a try. Good Luck.

Terry, try this website:

http://www.freewebs.com/exrafairmovements/index.htm

You may be lucky on this one, guy by the name of Jim Aitken runs it, ex air mov

Tony

Did you have any luck Terry with finding Brian Davies???

If not try the link below to widen your search

http://110499.aceboard.net/110499-524-0-.htm

Thanks for that Tony, no I haven't been able to trace Brian I will try this latest site you have given. I haven't done much lately I had a quadruple heart by-pass a couple of months ago. It was a very difficult time but the difference now is amazing. I even go to the gym twice a week under cardiac nurses and physios. I feel so much better than I did before.

Terry , it must have been a very successful op cos I've been trying for years to get under a cardiac nurse !!! The physios, well thats another story !!!

Best Wishes.

Gerd

Jerry has been trying to get under Nobby for years!! We think he finally managed it in Glasgow!
Hope you are still on top of the world, Terry, Cheers. Willie.

And Wullie, I've been trying to get over you for many years as well.....Where did we go wrong, we were so good together !!!!

You promised you would'nt tell anybody, you tart!

You started it you ***** !!!!! Everything that happened in Gan and in Glasgow was supposed to stay there. But you had to open your big mouth....Just like you did for all the boys in Gan so I heard !!!!

Gerd xx

No Jerry, that was you, I was your pimp. Dont you remember??????? Ah well, old age will come to me too, one of these days!

No, your werent a pimp but extremely limp !!!!
Your wife says that things havent changed much there then !!!!!

Gerd xx

You werent saying that in Glasgow, you slag, between nobby and myself, we thought you really enjoyed yourself!

Terry you'll have to forgive Gerd and Willie, they don't get out of the home much these days.

Glad to hear that all went well mate

Gerd Willie
xx xx

Thanks for your last message Tony, it was a bit frightening for a while. As long as Gerd and Willie are enjoying themselves that is the main thing, when were the 2 of you on Gan?
Cheers Terry

Hi Terry, sorry if our meanderings of our deranged minds got you a bit worried, I have to pander to Jerry's ramblings, or he gets a bit upset!!!
We were on Gan 1972/73, the best posting on God's earth, as I have bored people to death by saying on numerous occasions, how about yourself?

I was never on Gan with any of them. Wullie is a stalker so dont let him into your life.!!!!!!! If he cant have his perverted way with you (I turned him down several times but Rod and especially Ron and Bob and Tony just let him do what he wanted) then he will attempt to destroy your character. BEWARE !!!!!!

Gerd xx

I am enjoying all your banter, don't believe a word of it though. I was a Gan Pioneer February 1960 to February 1962, came home and got married in March 1962

It begins!!

Hi again Terry, I was also on Gan same year as Willie and Gerry - 72.

The banter is the only thing that gets us thru the day sometimes. Still working for a living and have to go back to work tomorrow after a month off, bummer!

The banter is good. Tony you were at the Odiham Reunion wern't you. That was a good day the one at Duxford was as well. We could do with another one.

I was there first, had a good racket going - all visiting ships instead of paying a landing duty, it was paid in slabs of tiger, THEN THEY ARRIVED - spoilt everything. They invented a thing called WORK - didn't go down too well with the other locals. DUTY MOONIE was another one of their ideas, then there was FENCE LETCHING at the Blue Lagoon, could never figure out why they needed a fence in the first place....
Havta go - gotta fix the next budget

The reason you were ****** off Ron, instead of being ****** up, was you had to actually BUY a crate of Tiger for once in your life! I also had the claim to fame of being the duty Moonie for 9 months, must be a record! I remember when I was clearing, and going round the camp with the blue chit, when some guy, probably from SASF, shouts over, "Hey moonie, how long have you got to do?" "The reply was, about 24 hours, mate, how long you got" The answer was unprintable, but the second word was "off!"