Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Service number

Can you remember that number you had to rattle out followed by "sir" before they would pay you?

I'll kick off

K1961657

Re: Service number

L1961790

G4282146

C1950022

What an interesting read that was. !!! Is this what this site has been reduced to. !!!! What next.??
National insurance numbers, post codes, inside leg measurements !!!!
Might have known this was thought up by Ray !!!!!!!!
Doh !!!!!

National insurance number zero zero double blank **** all nothing.
Post code Born in Scotand.
Inside leg measurement Well, Gerry, that would be telling!!

Post something more interesting then Gerry instead of having a whinge

Ok more interesting than service numbers. Let me see. Ah yes, I painted the living room today and have been sitting watching it dry. Now that is more interesting !!!!!!!

So far I have 4 numbers, if I get another 2, does that mean I will win the lottery ???

What colour paint Gerry?

Was that the first or second coat Jerry??

matt or eggshell

I did a nice green colour to go with the envy.

I only wore one coat as it was quite warm in my living room already.

Matt didnt do a good job but I just glossed over his mistakes and finished it myself.

Oh the paint number was v467-134g for you Ray !!!!!

If it gets too cold Gerry, you can always wear your hat, but you are not allowed to look out of the window, cos it may upset the neighbours.

I dont need a hat cos some of us still have hair !!!!!
You dont have neighbours unless you count Skippy outside playing with his billabong and sucking on his tucker !!!!!

"What's that Skippy, some men in white coats have taken Gerry away?"

Ray, I think its great you have found a little friend with the same I.Q as yourself to play with now !!!!!

At least I don't have to spend my time playing with myself Gerry. Not that I'm suggesting that you are someone who does.

I bet Gerry can even remember the numbers of all these white £5 notes he still has in his wallet.

Thats cos you dont have anything big enough to play with !!!!!

Skippy can't play with his billabong, as has to play in it. Youv'e never had a fiver in your wallet for years, you must remember to give that monopoly money back after you leave the Darby & Joan club.
We all know why you can't remember your service number, cos when you joined up, Pontious Pilot was still in flying school

Now I know why you went to Oz......Its the only place left in the world that hasnt heard your jokes before !!!!!! Just as well I had those zips fitted to my side for that Pontius one !!!!

Pontious Pilot was still in flying school.

...and J T Edson was still an SAC. Oh they're all coming back

So's my lunch listening to them !!!!!!!

So, what did you have for lunch then?

Well - let me think. I had a ham sandwich and a penguin chocolate bar with a nice big mug of tea. Then I watched the start of the Grand Prix. I couldn't watch it all because British Waterways were giving a conducted walk along the canal and I couldn't miss that. Just waiting for my tea now. Fish I think. Yum yum.

Well now this is interesting !!!!! I had a mouldy sandwhich, a mug of lukewarm tea that tasted like pish, boring conversation and I had to pay. Bt the way I had tea at Wullie's house. !!!!!!

Prawn cocktail, Lobster bisque, washed down with a Penfolds' 89

I prefer a centrefold 2004 myself !!!!

A mouldy sandwich AND tea, you must have been in ma hoose when I was out, I only get one or the other!!

I did ask your wife for the other but she refused !!!!!

Gerry - you have to remember when visiting Willies house, sandwiches are 60p and cups of tea 40p plus 5p for milk and sugar - no wonder the sandwiches are mouldy, last time I was there milk and sugar were free

I know the feeling, Gerry.
BTW Ron, I will be sending you a bill for the tea/sugar etc. It was an oversight on my part letting you have tea for free! (My God, I'm a poet and dont know it)

Wullie, cant remember the feeling never mind the last time I was felt. !!!!
You're a scribe and when you imbibe, you feel you must transcribe and attempt to describe these vibes but all you get are jibes. !!!!!!

You lost me after "Wullie"

If only that had been the case in Glasgow !!!!!!

Youv'e heard of the 'Ides of march' looks like Gerry's got the 'Ibes or april'

Now, Gerry, I know you dont mean that!!!!!!

That's handy, probably know half a dozen peoples passwords for forums, on-line banking etc. etc..... What a good scan that was Ray.

Yes, I do remember my service number but for the reason above I won't repeat it because I am as guilty as others for using it as a password

Anyone who uses their service number for passwords is pretty sad and if they then publish it here they are thick and sad.

I started with a six digit no. but in the early sixties they decided to bring in the letter prefix. At the time I was in accounts and we had to change everybody''s records. When it came to mine I was unsure as to whether there was a hidden message......(FO)!

My first one was 2676562, then my army one was 23518636, then again 2676562 till they added the prefix L.
My army discharge papers say "His services no longer required following enlistment in the Royal Air Force". I was given the papers at Bridgnorth halfway thro my 4 weeks RAF square bashing, so for some time I was in both the army and the RAF.

Well done Ray.

Asking for service numbers may not be rocket science but at least you got plenty of responses.

It also brings back memories of when the drill sargent (at Locking) used to create piles of coins on desk on pay day. When we shouted out our service number and came to attention we would stamp on the floor as hard as possible it order to upset the coins (and of course the sargent). Childish, I know, but fun at the age of 17.

Dave

So when were you at Locking Dave?

1967-1969 as an Elect Fitter Ground Comms Craft App

B4291822! Do you remember your 1250 number (mine was B238490)
Taff.

I had two, B166410 and B235969