Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Feeling your age!!!!

I was up over the border at my old Gan pals[derek]house looking at his Gan holiday dvd and re-living a few experiences from those days.Had a grand couple of hours then had to come home.On my way home I passed the high school with all those beautiful young sixthform young girls coming out for lunchtime.Now what I want to say is-for all the young ladies on view I was looking at the lollipop lady.That is when you know that you need to take a tablet[or two].The alternative is to get some sun on your back--so when are we all going to meet on our Island??We could have a great week,then run the RAF flag up outside the old HQ as we left,,see if we could cause a diplomatic incident,or are you all feeling your age ???? Larry

Re: Feeling your age!!!!

Our lollypop lady is quite tasty. One advantage of getting older is you can fancy the young 6 formers and the more mature lollypop lady.

Hi Geordie, I'm trying to book a holiday in March to Gan. Hopefully on the same date that I originally arrived back in 72

Have you looked at flight only with First Choice Tony? I can vouch for the comfort and it's direct from Manchester or Gatwick. Equator Village will arrange the transfer flights with Island Aviation.

Yes, I'm looking into that at the moment Ray. I have actually spoken on the phone to the equator village and they said that it is no problem for them to book flights from Male. Just checking different companies re price etc..

Enjoyed a visit in 2003 and would like another visit in 2007. The way not to feel your age is to get a younger partner.....does wonders for the ego....but doesn't remove the wrinkles!

I did it all by email Tony. Saves on phone calls and you have the paper trail if you need it.

Oh and they will probably have to put you up on Male for the last night. The Kam Hotel is pretty basic and if you haven't been to Male before, it's worth spending a half day there. The traffic is a bit of a culture shock after the Addu Atoll.

Regards Pete Osbournes idea of maybe going back with a younger woman---I suggested it to the wife to see if she would mind!!She replied --not in the least,but added that I would not be much use to her without my Boy-Bits--so much for that idea..Next -I am looking to sell my farm this next year and sort of semi-retire.If I have a good do with it and all is well in other ways I will organise a trip out to Addu for anyone who fancies going back.My pals daughter runs a travel agency and she tells me it is no problem organising a pay-as-you-go sort of thing.Still in the air as yet,but the most the wife and myself have ever paid[all in one week]is around £700 each and not out of reach for most if you are just paying a few pounds most weeks..Any thoughts?? Larry

I thought for a minute that you were going to pay for us to go Larry. I'd probably be up for it.

Boy's bits very important Larry. I would be most interested in an organised trip but, given the apparent apathy of most of our readers, I doubt that you will get much response. Andy Knowles tried earlier but the reception was lukewarm.

I spoke with Andy at the weekend. I think he is still trying to negotiate some sort of deal with Island Aviation.