RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

Forum: RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Where are they now?

Anyone know what happened to the likes of .................
Taff Gregory, John Lazzari, Geordie Weatherall, Pete "Paddy" Coleman, John "Tiny" Scott, Timber Wood? All '69/'70 Gan.

Email  
Re: Where are they now?

You mentioned Pete Coleman, would that have been the same Pete Coleman who worked at SCC RAF Hendon in 1976 and who was my "Best Man" in the same year?

Email  

Can't help you with the Hendon bit George. I lost touch with most of the rugby team after Gan. From what I remember, Pete was a Winger, would run at a wall if it was needed and like most of us at the time, enjoyed his Tiger! I remember him getting savaged by Noddy at a billet bar Christmas '69!! This the same guy?

Email  

Sounds like him, he had swarthy skin moustache and tight black hair as I remember!!

Email  

Your description sounds spot on to me! What happened to the fella?

Email  

Haven't seen him since that day in 1976!

I would be interested in contacting anyone who played in the 1970 Rugby FEAF championship for Gan.I was the condom carrier for the entire team, not sure if anyone used them!
Would love to hear from anyone who was on Gan between April 69 to April 70. I worked at MCS but was attached from GEF.

Email  

Hello Martin,,trying to remember you.I was ground radar jan69/70 and was good pals with Tony OBrien and remember Pete Coleman tackling a navy monster in one game we played,,did not think either of them would recover but the site of Tiny Scott standing over them seemed to ressurect both of them..Mick[ginger]Grant introduced me to the game,thats a polite way of saying forced and encouraged by threats..Would you know where Granty ended up.I know him and Mick DeBell dismantled the radars at Western Hill[Penang]71/72,but seems to have gone missing since..Larry

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting