Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sqn Ldr Golden Oldie

Who was the Sqn Ldr who got involved in a lot of our sporting arrangements, he organised and took part in the athletics day we had between 1973 and 1974. Nobby you and I took part in these races and won a few trophies. This Sqn Ldr would have been regarded as an oldie but a very fit oldie, if you know what I mean.

Re: Sqn Ldr Golden Oldie

I have forgotten the Sqnldrs name George - was he scottish? Ernie Southwick was the Fltlt. He rang me up in Stafford Commcen in the early 80's to see how I was and said that a certain Gp Capt (the Sqnldr on Gan) sends his regards, they were both working in Mod London at the time.
I remember the sports day - I won the 400 metres and came second in the 200 metres. I wore boxer shorts in both races, but on the final bend of the 200 my widgy came out through the hole in my shorts, I was so intent on catching this West Indian lad that I did'nt attempt to put it away - They don't call me Nobby for nothing and also there was a risk that I could have tripped over it and been disqualified.

I heard you were going to be charged but it was thrown out due to lack of evidence :)

Hey Nobby now that you mention that incident I do remember someone shouting from the sideline that your big end had gone. It must have been one of the mechanics!!

There were two female Aqm's there standing at the finishing line. I could hear their knee's knocking and they were slobbering with a glazed look in their eyeballs - later that evening however, I had failed to bag off due to some appalling patter and had to suffer outside the Pti's billet whilst he humped one half to death.