Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bill[geordie]Burton...deceased

It is with a heavy heart I have to report the death of another young Gannite..Bill served on Gan late 68 early 69.I remember him telling me that he had extended his tour to 2.5yrs and that his wife was on her way out to meet him on Gan before onward to Singapore.I was of course invited into the Blue Lagoon to meet her and say goodbye to him..I met him a lot of years later[we only lived 3mls apart]when we bumped into each other as he was delivering the post to my mother-in-laws.Plenty of tale-telling and a promise to have a drink together,of course it never happened..Too late now of course,Bill passed away yesterday aged 62yrs..God bless old pal....Larry

Re: Bill[geordie]Burton...deceased

Sorry to hear that Larry. Didn't know him personally, but he was still a "Gannite" and worth remembering with a thought or two.
God Bless Bill.

Sorry to hear that, Larry. It's always the same, we say we will do this, do that, meet up with old friends, but it very rarely happens. That's why I'm glad we do this mini reunion every year, it keeps us in touch.

Saddened to hear about Bill