Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gan island

thanks for all ex-gannites whoe responded to me, especially Larry, steve, & willie, fom an ex-sasf rigger 1956-66, anyone remember Geoff jacobs? , he was islands best DJ. Did all the "gonking" music in the afternoons, Am hopefully going to visit the old place in 2010, best wishes to all the lads who were on Gan at anytime. Stu.
e-mail = vulcan157@hotmail.com to chat about the island.

Re: Gan island

You were on Gan from 1956-66? You jammy barsteward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry Willie, should have read 1965-66, wish it had been 10 years mate, lol! loved every minute of the place.

I thought that it might have been a typo, but I couldn't resist commenting on it! LOL

Stu, I think me and Willie could easily have done ten years on Gan with not one regret. Ain't that right Willie?

Yep, 10 sounds good to me, but promise not to let Willie do the cooking

hi tony, willie larry & all you lovely gannites, wish it had been a "posting" error, & forgot about me for 10 years lol. where else would you have wanted to go? thanks to Larry, willie & tony & others, I hopefully will be going back to Gan roudabout easter time 2010. cheers for now lads.

& you Ron, sorry mate, when were you there? & section please. Stu, sasf rigger.

You're going to get a smart ass reply from Ron, you can bet your bottom dollar on it!!

thanks Willie, thanks for the tip, as he is an ex-gannite then that should be ok.

I was there 72/73 same time as Willie, a siggie but worked in systems, in between attending the siggie bar, 180 club or marine bar, plus numerous early mornings at the blue lagoon