RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RAF Gan website.

Hi all!
Just to let you know I still "pop in" to take a gander at the site on a regular basis, just to keep up with Gan affairs!
As some of you may (well) know, I was the original founder and keeper of the site before Phil took over the reins and drove the site onward, and to great effect it has to be said.
I read with some concern that Phil was having health problems and it was looking like he would have to give up looking after it.
When I gave the reins to Phil, I was frankly "Ganned" out, having "lived" it almost constantly for 3 and a 1/2 years, but now feel ready to take the site on again if Phil feels it`s time to move on. That decision is entirely up to Phil and if he is happy to continue I wish him the very best of luck.
However if he DOES want to give it up, would you all be happy with me taking it over again? I don`t want to step on any toes!
I can`t promise it`ll be refreshed at the crazy pace it used to be, but it WILL be updated on a reasonably frequent basis. And I promise that, although I may change the "look" slightly, NOTHING will be removed from the existing site.
I won`t be offended if you tell me where to go!
Alistair (webmaster 2000-2003)

Re: RAF Gan website.

As long as Taff feels he can do justice to the site, I'm happy to have him keep doing it. Would it not be possible for the both of you to keep it moving forward?

Like Willie, if Taff is happy, but if both of you can work together on this, even better, and it would be nice to have you back 'in the fold' Alistair...

If you two can work it out, all well and god, it would ease the burden so to speak and take the pressure off Taff as the workload could be shared out etc...

Whatever happens, will still keep coming back.

Totally agree with Willie, Rod and Tony.
2 heads would be better than one, and ease the pressure from Taff.
So whatever the choice is - GO FOR IT.

I should also have added it's good to see you back Alistair, it's because of you we have this website. The first reunion was the forerunner of all our reunions we have every year. It was where I met up with most of the lads who go on them for the first time in over 35 years. Little had changed, Rod Matheson still doesn't buy a drink!!

bless all you Gannites from "stew" ex- sasf rigger 1965-66.

Alistair, a volunteer is worth a thousand conscripts. You have my vote if you can keep the site alive. There are still a lot of ex-gannites to discover the site and provide more nostalgic input. The site just needs to be there when they look. Thanks for taking the trouble!

Re: Re: RAF Gan website.

Come on, Taff, are you going to keep in the huff forever?

Wonder if you can help? My Dad was on RAF Gan for a years un-accompanied tour in (approx) 1965/66/67. I am really desperate to get photo's of him and wonder if you can help? His name was Matthew Henry Jewitt (known as Harry and I think a corporal at that time. He and my mother divorced and all photo's seemed to have disappeared!!!! and I would really love to have some of him at that time.