Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GAN reunion--march 2010..

Hello boys,regards Gan reunion next march.We have agreed on a departure date of 17march,not sure yet if its 7days or 7nights,but this is just an update untill Taff puts it on the front page..We have around 40people so far,with around another 20 possibles waiting to see approx costs..What I will have to say is for Steve Ellis to aproach the hotel for maximum discount,we were hoping for a sure-fire 50 people minimum.Steve will then obtain a price so as we can put same on the site for you all to see.The same will apply with the airfares.You all understand the more we get the better the exspected deal..You all should understand that the extra flight from MALE to Gan puts the extra on the cost.There is no way around this unless the direct flights begin,but in saying that,with full loads we could maybe get a concession on the flights to Gan as I know from my contacts on Hittadu,that the holiday part of Addu has almost come to a halt..I would ask--any of you who think about going back,dont miss this chance,follow through on Tony Sirrells site and get your name down----tonysirrell.synthasite.com......Larry

Re: GAN reunion--march 2010..

Will we have to pay separately, or would it be better if we all sent to money to a designated person? If we block book, it would mean we would all be seated together on the 'plane, which would be better for everybody.

Hello Willie et all, I am sort of dissapointed at the response we are getting.I must have ,over the last couple of years,sent out the best part of 300 dvds with nearly everyone asking,expressing a wish to return one day and here we are nearly ready to start booking and we only have around 50 people and a third of them wives and girlfriends.I am dissapointed we have not as yet filled the hotel,there are only 78 rooms and that should not be beyond the total of ex-gannites out there..Myself,Mick DeBell and our ladies have just come back from a rented villa in Cyprus and I can tell you all that 7 days all-inclusive on Gan, is cheaper than going to Cyprus,if we can get the deal done for around £800..I would ask you all to make the effort before it is too late..Larry

I feel the same, Larry, but we can't force them to return to Gan, mores the pity.This could very well be the last time we are able to go back, so I thought, as you did, that a lot more would have wanted to go. Any updates on flights/departure airport etc?

Hello Willie, Tony has put a few more names on the reunion list and I suspect we will get quite a few more when we can put some figures on the site ie approx cost.Steve Ellis is on to the manager of Equator village now trying for a best price deal,so we should have some gen by the end of this week.17March seems to be the fly-out date,but I dont know how far forward we can book flights,and then of course the more we get the better we can try to deal.I see there are lads coming from Australia/phillipines and Canada..whos next????Larry

Any idea yet from where we will be flying? I'm thinking it will probably be one of the London airports, unfortunately.Where did you fly from?

Hello Lads,,reunion nearly sorted now,I believe we have around 60 names and 20/30 awaiting some more info..Well it is looking like flying from Gatwick on Sunday 21 march for 7 nighta all-inclusive on Gan.We have tried several agents and all seem to come back with a price[in total]of around £1060 per person.We have 2 more agents to reply,but I would think that the price will be near enough what is being quoted.I think the only chance of getting any cheaper is if the pound/dollar exchange goes our way,,then if the oil price goes up again it could send the price higher,therefore I think we should go with the price we have got..Would all of you that are now further interested,get in touch through Tonys site---tonysirrell.synthasite.com Thank you Larry.

Hello boys,,well this is it----fly Gatwick 21march,,7nights all-inclusive £1024 with nothing extra to pay..Deposit payable at £101 per person,,the rest as you want to..Telephone David Crowder on 01142746123--regards how you want to pay ie credit card or cheque,,,,or contact Tony Sirrell on Gannitekos@aol.com for more info..Everybody welcome so please try and join us..Thank you Larry....PS done thro Cosmos so no problems....

Having been one of the lucky ones able to go, and deposit paid, and busy saving the last few pennies, can I just say a big THANK YOU to those that took the time and effort to sort this one out, and Willie Dunlop has promised that he will buy you all a beer, or a large scotch, or even both, if that's your choice, for doing so.

That is true, and Rod has promised to give me the money so as I can go to the bar and order them up. Rod has a thing about approaching bars, he has the same aversion to them as a vampire has to garlic!!