Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Philip Smith (Smif or Lofty)

Does anyone remember Philip Smith. He was on Gan around 1975/78 and was on the boats!! He also did a stint on Radio Gan. He is very tall - he was also very skinny back then. We're going back there for our hols in Oct this year - we were booked for J Resort Handhufushi (Herathera) but that got cancelled - lots of probs there. Keeping everything crossed that Equator Village will be OK.
Please get in touch if you remember him.

Re: Philip Smith (Smif or Lofty)

Hello Sally,,,just google air sea rescue,and when she comes up,look for marine craft section.[I am thinking that Phillip was MCU]Its a very active website and some of his mates will be on there..Regards your holiday,I have been back 3 times and as long as you are not looking for 5* you will love it.Nice and clean,plenty of food,lots of sun,and of course loads of memories..You could of course hold off and come along with all of us next march,when we will be holding our reunion on Gan..Larry[geordie]Dodds grsf 69/70...PS check this site tonysirrell.synthasite.com for details

Thanks for your reply. Also wondered if any of the locals who worked on the RAF station still live nearby. Would love to find some or any of them.

Hello Sally,,just had an e-mail from my friend on Addu,who told me ,that resort on Herethera has been taken over and has now re-opened..Regards ex-Maldivian RAF types,just ask at the hotel or the little shops over the road and they will find who you are looking for..I have a dvd that Ray Barber made,mainly as a promotion type of dvd for the Equator Village[2006]if you want a copy just e-mail me your adress and I will send you a copy[no charge]...Larry

Wouldn't mind a copy of the DVD myself. Just to give me a preview of where we will be spending a week.

Hello Willie,in the post for you monday...Larry

Thanks Larry, much obliged.

Another over here would be nice Larry

Hello Ron,,are you still knoxfield victoria,,if yes will post soon as post strike is over..Larry

Yes, Larry still the same address - and thanks

Hello Ron,,in the post for you today[5th Nov] price is one all inclusive G&T crushed ice and a slice of lime sometime around 22march on a little island in the Indian ocean...Larry

You can make that two, Larry, and one or more at Gatwick if you want! I really appreciate the DVD's.

Just thought, Larry, the 22nd will be a bit late, we fly out on the 14th of March, and fly back on the 22nd.

21st of march Willie,,hope you did not book your flight before then..Larry

What I have is we fly out on the 14th of March from Gatwick, arrive Male on the 15th, at 10.15 local time. Depart Male on the 22nd March at 12.15 arrive Gatwick on the 22nd at 18.35 Is this correct?

Thank you Larry, got the DVD in the post today.