RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

Forum: RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Photo request re reunion[GAN]

Hello boys,at the reunion on Gan we are hoping to have a photo display of the RAFs time on Gan.What I would like from you all if possible are copies of any photos you have that would be of interest mainly to the Maldivians,ie photos with Maldies on them.You would have noticed over the years Maldivians coming onto the site asking for info on their fathers/grandfathers etc.Well we are hoping for some sort of celebration in the hotel or the old 180 club,where all the islanders plus the school-kids can come and see the 50yr history of the RAF on the island..We are having a good response from the Adduans,can I ask for as good a response from you all....A4 if you can..Thank you Larry Dodds, Inver Wreigh,Thropton,Morpeth,Northumberland,NE65 7JD....

Email  
Re: Photo request re reunion[GAN]

Unfortunately I have lost most of my photo's over the years, along with most of my hair and parts of my liver!! Will see what I can find in the archives.

Hello boys,,thank you to the lads that sent the few photos,and can I ask some more of you to try and help out..Steve Ellis has just come back from Gan[again]and has just about sorted the event out with us getting out there 21/22march and the Maldivian ex-RAF reunion on 24th with the television covering it.We would like to put on a good show,hence the request for photos.We have been told the whole atoll is up for it,so heres hoping..PS still room for more people to come.It will be a one off,never to be repeated so come and join in or at least send a photo or two..Thank you...Larry

Email  

Hi Larry,
I was a 'Q' in 1969 and I have a photo of a Maldivian climbing a coconut tree to get a coconut for me which I'll send on to you.
You sent me your DVDs for which I was very grateful.
All the best for your reunion

Email  

Hello Pam,,remember sending the dvds,can you remember me telling you my collie having her pups behind the settee???Since sold the farm and now 90% retired,just as well as it would be some effort to feed the stock in this snow..Looking forward to taking your photo out with me,and will send you an update of the old place,when we get back...Larry

Email  

Hi Larry,your very welcome to print off this pic of a couple of the Maldy boys that worked in inflights if you wish ,no idea who the plonker in the middle with the pinny on is though lol.Cheers

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3246/2700215533_1799cba57e_o.jpg

Email  

Dear Sirs,

I am sorry to assault your post but as I am not able to establish contact with the webmaster, I would like to ask anyone for help this way.

I am writing an article about a former RAF pilot of Czech origin F/Lt Vaclav Bergman who was at Gan in 1960-61. Anyone remembers him?

I am also looking for some photos of the Gan - the airfield and the tower as he was an Air Traffic Controller.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Pavel
Prague, Czech Republic

Email  

Pavel.. I am on the case.. There are only 24 hours in a day.. This is a hobby, not a full time vocation..

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil,

I am sorry I do not want to bother anyone! Please forgive me.
For me it is also only a hobby which takes me a lot of time - so I know what your are talking about. But you know - I am young and impatient in those snowy days here in Prague

Pavel

Email  

Hello Pavel,,e-mail me your adress and I will send you the dvd made on Gan in the sixties,,plenty of ATC coverage on it..No charge..Larry.....lawrence.dodds@tiscali.co.uk

Email  

Hello boys,,regards the reunion--days to do are getting few---as we say,,so one last request for some more photos.Just received some great photos of MCU circa 68/69 from Mike Coster making over 100copies for the display.Any more would be thankfully received.It promises to be a great event with the President of the Maldives instructing his press secretary to ensure that everything goes smoothly..PS still time for last minute join in...Larry

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com