Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT~~

The mods are thrilled to announce the grand opening of our new RITA site, entitled:

RaptureInTheAirNow.com. Our new RITA provides powerful security, with up to date software.

We have been working hard behind the scenes for several months to bring you a top notch site filled with features we think you will enjoy.

First, we have added several layers of increased protection for our members, including: state of the art security, individual member signup with password & email cross-check protection, IP logging/blocking, & spam filters.

We have restructured all of our content areas for quicker and more accessible content access. We have also included a powerful new search function that delivers what you are looking for faster & in a way that is more pleasing to the eye.

Be sure to bookmark this new site: http://www.RaptureInTheAirNow.com/

Dear members and lurkers, ya'll come over and register, OK?!

It is so exciting that each one of you will be joining us at our new wonderful forum where we can continue to watch together for our Lord Jesus' soon return.

Looking forward to our fellowship on our new RITA, in the continued leading of the Holy Spirit... blessings!

The Mods

Re: BIG ANNOUNCEMENT~~

mike
What will happen to this current website?
Would everyone be automatically re-directed to the new website?

Or would this run parallel?

Would all older posts be retrievable in the new website?

My company was undergoing email migration and I sense many issues which may need to be resolved.

These are all great questions, mike.

As of now, both will run parallel. We are strongly encouraging the backing up of any material you would like by reposting it on the new site. You'll see we have a pretty good head start on that whole process.

Everyone will have to Register again on the new site. It's a simple process that only takes a few seconds to complete. Just click on the word "Register" on the right column where it says:

"Register or log in - lost password?"

Melissa
I tried to log on and need to update my browser. Is there a suggested browser or an easy way to update. Can't wait to see the new site!! Thanks

Hey Melissa...

I recommend Firefox:

http://www.getfirefox.com/

It's the best one out there, and is what most web developers use for themselves. I think you'll see an improvement on many websites, if you try it.

I myself just switched this week to Mozilla Firefox and I am thrilled with it!!!

My online life has been 100% improved from the ongoing headaches I was having with Internet Explorer.

FREE AT LAST!!!!

Yeah, for me, it's Firefox all the way. Other browsers are inferior!

Sooo.... how long will this site be around? Is it getting scrapped? I would assume the answer is eventually "yes."

Mark Armstrong
Andy (firecharger)
Yeah, for me, it's Firefox all the way. Other browsers are inferior!

Safari is pretty good too, if you're using it on a Mac. Safari doesn't work as well on Windows boxes, though.

Yes, I agree - Safari is good, too:

http://www.apple.com/safari

I also use several others for work, like Flock:

http://www.flock.com/

There is a really great brand new one called RockMelt that is very well-designed, and awesomely integrated with Facebook, too:

http://www.rockmelt.com/

Let me know if any of you need an invitation to try RockMelt. It just launched around the holidays for web people first, and you have to have an invite to join it. It's definitely on the bleeding edge technology-wise.

But, all in all, Firefox is the way to go... if for no other reason than most of the developers & designers use it, so things get tested in that browser before all others these days.

Tom, I have registered on the new site but haven't used it yet. The password given to me is something that I would not be able to remember like the current "word" that I have been given for this one - Will I be able to change it to a single word or even use my current password?

Also, will I be able to simple install my existing avatar to the new site?

Thanks,
Barry

TSS that is yes to both questions. Once you get on the new site and register, then click on your username. That will get you into your profile site where you can use the edit button to scroll down and change the password. Also the avatar button will allow you to download your avatar.

You can sign up for a Google Mail or gmail account. They are pretty easy all you have to do is register. Just go to google and search for gmail account signup.

Using your old password won't work as the new site has much better security. Each person who registers is issued their own individual password. Having an e-mail account is an essential part of the registration process.

When I tried to register, and did that math thing, it said I was not a human but a bot???LOL. I tried it twice.

I sure enjoyed the fellowship the past two years. God Bless.

Tom
TSS that is yes to both questions. Once you get on the new site and register, then click on your username. That will get you into your profile site where you can use the edit button to scroll down and change the password. Also the avatar button will allow you to download your avatar.

I'm having trouble with my avatar. I want the one that I use here also over there. I can't figure out how to do it. I get to the avatar page in my profile but it won't let me type anything. Help please. Thanks.

Murph

Murph, try this-
http://i34.tinypic.com/2whqa02.jpg

Copy and paste into your profile, it is your avatar sis

Maria / Sis- I think the little math thing is to stop computers hacking into the site. Fill it in and you should be good to go. Come on over sis

Peggy / Sis- When the site was been built it could not handle all the traffic of posts plus at the same time all the work in building it. The site would of have collapsed sis. A few were invited, yes but only to help in checking that the site was capable of withstanding etc. No one was picked because of been a favorite or anything like that Sis. You are needed and loved sis. I am no better or worse than any poster or lurker, we are all family sis. Please come over.

TSS / Brother- When you get your password, copy and paste it into the password section. Once in you can then edit your profile to what ever you want. Think of a pets name and then put a simple number behind it or something like that. The old password will not work, it will be the firsy thing a hacker would try to use bro. Other things can be changed as time goes on, the site will be a work in progress bro.

TSS,, if you want me to I can put your avatar on your profile at the new sight. I was able to get Squirts on for her.

If anyone else needs their avatar moved over to new site, just ask.

Tom

TerribleSwiftSword
Thank you Diane C - I am in now!

Now all I have to do is to get used to those awful new colours

Well Barry, I guess that's part of the suffering for the cause of Christ LOL!! (I mean no disrespect...)

I guess I'm just lucky - I love the new colors!

Ahhh, variety - the spice of life!

Thanks Tom, but I was able to install the avatar

And blueteapot, electric chartreuse (whatever that is) might have been better than that awful purply blue colour!

Barry

Love it!

On a dark background and we have a winner. Just Kidding!

At least there are some positives that are presented, like the reply box with the different options!

Jerry Golden's site, The Golden Report, has changed just recently also. I guess that I just get used to things as they are and resist any large changes to what is already acceptable. The security issue had to be addressed I guess, so here we go!

Barry

Hey TSS and Tammy. . tell us how you're really feeling . .
Your right ~~ moving's never appealing
still, RITA's new site is on a roll
especially hopeful, keeping @ bay the trolls . .
with advantage of new software ~~ here we go.
. . let's all cling together, help each other
through this change, thankful RITA's not the same

Thanks for the hard work in setting up the new site!
And you are very gentle with the stragglers!
I like that.

Diane, I do not have your email address and that is OK! I spend too much time on the computer and, have too much to read these days!!!! I want to spend more time at the beach!!!!!!! It just would not email me my password. I will still read everyday but, since I am more of a chatter, I will do that over at my FB!

Hi Maria,

All you have to do is click below this post where it says "email" and it will open up a window with my address in it for you to send to me.

Blessings sis!

Email: dichapman1@aol.com

Maria made it over, OK, SIC! Looks like you're next. Let us know when you're ready to try.

REMINDER:

PLEASE DON'T TRY TO LOG IN ON THE NEW SITE WITH YOUR OLD USERNAME AND OLD PASSWORD. YOU MUST GO THROUGH A NEW REGISTRATION PROCESS.

You can register with your old name, if you like, and after you get your password emailed to you, change the password to something easy for you to remember. Don't use the password from old Rita - chose something else.

Thanks so much!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com