Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Beautys in the eyes of the Beholder

Years ago now My husband called about this Reg. Walking horse Stallion, Wonderful bloodlines, he decided to go look at him, the guy really bragged on him talking about how beautiful he was and gentle. When we got to where the people lived we were very surprised, their home sat nearly on the road and there were houses crammed closely together.
The man who owned the horse came out and asked if we had boots, he neglected to tell us we would need knee high boots to see the horse, he took us up a small narrow alley to his small back yard, he had built a barn there.
The barn was, well “barely a barn”, the mud and manure were knee deep on the horse, you couldn’t tell what color he was because he was covered in it, he was a literal walking skeleton…
Not the beauty we had imagined.. My husband kept saying, look at his paper’s he’s bred out of sight, and I said several times but look at him, he may not even live.
My husband kept telling me look at his frame, his conformation, to which I replied , it looks like both his front legs are coming out of the same hole LOL!
Well needles to say, he went home with us that day, it took several days to get all the mud and manure off of him, even worse after he was with us for a few days he went entirely bald , no hair on his body, Fortunately he did keep his mane and tail, which once we got him clean was a beautiful flaxen color.
I put a blanket on him because I was afraid someone might see him and assume we had starved him..
My husband told me he was planning to breed my beautiful palimino mare to him and I promptly told him, “NO way!” LOL!
My hubby kept telling me, he’s built pretty, he will be beautiful! , I had a hard time seeing it…
He filled in quickly even his chest filled out , he ended up having a huge massive chest and needless to say, he was a beauty afterwards… And yes I did breed my old pali “Granny” to him and got a beautiful Palimino colt…

I’m so glad that God can look at us the way my husband looked at that poor horse, through all the mud and manure and dead looking eyes…

Once we've gave our lives to him...

Re: Beautys in the eyes of the Beholder

What a beautiful analogy, Gail. Much as we'd like to believe otherwise, I'm sure we are all guilty of judging too much by appearances. I'm so grateful God doesn't have that problem!

Thats why years ago, I learned to do my best not to judge, my husband has taught me much over the years through the animals he's hauled in.
On more then one occasion I've judged them only to find them to be totally different later...
Judging is up to Christ, who know's the "true heart"...

Thank You..

Great word Gail!
We can't have too many GOOD stories.

Oh my gosh!

Thanking God for His goodness and provision through you both, to this poor abused horse.

He is a beauty now! (If still living)

I grew up with horses and miss them being in my life!

Kolleen, this was years ago, Major Threat has gone on as well as my pali mare "Granny", I have the blessed hope to one day see them again in Gods kingdom...
Even my Dobber...

Major is not the worst case my husband has dragged in, I've learned from each one of them, God has given us each a unique story, each of us has lived through different things, I have many such stories and pictures , way to many to post, it would take forever LOL!...

But I've learned to let God do the judging, as mine has to many times been wrong LOL!...

A Diamond in the Rough!!!

Makes me think of Jesus..
At first He was...
"no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him."

Isaiah 53:1-3 (King James Version)

Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Then He became a "Champion"
Revelation 1:12-16 (King James Version)

12And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Revelation 19:11-16 (King James Version)

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Gail,
Like your husband..
God see's beyond!
We may see our own selves as ugly..
But God see's us as His Masterpiece.
He see's the future..
Looking forward for our change!!!

Gail,
Will you be riding Major Threat when you come back with the armies of Heaven? Perfect name to fight the wicked!

Dear Zoe, love Gods word you posted..

Gail,
Will you riding Major Threat when you come back with the armies of Heaven? Perfect name to fight the wicked!

I would love too!...

Or Granny my pali, she was 28 when she had a baby from Major, my friends who would come to ride always tried to beat me to the barn to grab her, she was such a gentle , sweet, smooth gaited sweetheart..., or Gidari, or Smokey , or, well you get the picture, I love them all...

I am sure he is waiting for you to mount him!

Granny (your pal) is waiting for you too.
I think Major Threat would be the one I would ride. Both for his name given.. and his life.
Was it prophetic?

Soon that day will arrive
What a glorious day that will be.
Could you imagine the beauty of all the horses and saints in their white robes and Jesus leading them all!!!
Nothing more thrilling!

Was it prophetic?

Hmmm, I really hadn't thought about that, but God knows...

This thread's title reminds me of a similar line from Ray Stevens' hit song--"Everything Is Beautiful."

Does anyone want to add Ray's above video song to this tread?

Also, I feel the same way towards horses. I love 'em!!!

Major is not the worst case my husband has dragged in, I've learned from each one of them, God has given us each a unique story, each of us has lived through different things, I have many such stories and pictures , way to many to post, it would take forever LOL!...

Gail, This is so neat God has used these beautiful animals to minister to you and your family and now us!!God bless you!!

LOL! I remember that song...

I used to ride a lot in Parade's, "very rarely" was put in the News Paper...

But every time I took my Little buddy Bonfire whom I've had from birth, they put us in the paper's...

All the children love him, still have his little two wheel cart, "he was to small for me to ride" , so we carted him, many a child has sat on him over the years.. He's now in his 30's and I would have to say, my most favorite of all, I growed up with him and my children grew up with him, and he's still sassy LOL!...

oh my goodness , this does my heart good !! You saved this precious wonderful horse from disaster . I love you for it , Gail , and your hubbie too . Just makes ya cry for all the abused animals in this world who need love and restoration ! THANK YOU for sharing this ...please share more of these stories that you know ! I love animals . They love us unconditionally !
God bless you , friends of "the horses" !!!!! Bonnie , LOVE in Him...hugs to you and the horses too !!!

Just a reminder everyone ~

For anyone here who has not yet begun the process of transferring all of your posting over to the New Rita Now site, you need to transfer over there as soon as possible.

Tom's BIG ANNOUNCEMENT and Diane C's post etc will help you with the process.

This Rita Site will be locked before too long, after everyone who is wanting to, has made the move.

Thank you Kolleen ! Moving over today !!!Bless you Sis !!! Looks gorgeous over there !!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Gail, one more thing ...animals help people heal from hurts ...taking care of them makes one feel closer to God !!
love in HIM , bb

True Bonnie, but I've always recieved much more then I've ever given...

Seem's we can never out give God...

See you on the new Rita !! what you said is so true !!
what is the horse's name ???

Bon his name was Major Threat....

Long time since we've been on this site..

And what a great story I've been missing. I didn't realize when this post was made until I saw the announcement about moving posts over and thought WAIT!

I imagine that studly horse loved y'all very much indeed.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

LOL yea it was a while back, I've lost a bunch of family members since then, well someday I'll see them again.. Soon hopefully..

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com