Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Warning Sign

1 Therefore, holy brothers, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and Kohen Gadol of our confession, Yeshua; 2 who was faithful to him who appointed him, as also was Moshe in all his house. 3 For he has been counted worthy of more glory than Moshe, inasmuch as he who built the house has more honor than the house. 4 For every house is built by someone; but he who built all things is God. 5 Moshe indeed was faithful in all his house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were afterward to be spoken, 6 but Messiah is faithful as a Son over his house; whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the glorying of our hope firm to the end.

7 Therefore, even as the Ruach HaKodesh says, "Today if you will hear his voice,
8 Don't harden your hearts, as in the provocation, Like as in the day of the trial in the wilderness,
9 Where your fathers tested me by proving me, And saw my works for forty years.
10 Therefore I was displeased with that generation, And said, 'They always err in their heart, But they didn't know my ways;'
11 As I swore in my wrath, 'They will not enter into my rest.'"

12 Beware, brothers, lest perhaps there be in any one of you an evil heart of unbelief, in falling away from the living God; 13 but exhort one another day by day, so long as it is called "today;" lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. - Hebrews 3:1-13 HNV

On a sandy beach in Uruguay, giant concrete fingers partially submerged in sand reach up toward the sky. It is called the Monument to the Drowned. Locals just call it La Mano, “The Hand.” It was created by Chilean artist Mario Irarrázabal as a warning to swimmers about the danger of drowning. “The Hand” has become a tourist attraction, but its real purpose remains to remind swimmers about the perils of the sea.

The Word of God contains its own kind of warning signs. The book of Hebrews especially provides cautions about perils to the soul. “Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; but exhort one another daily, while it is called ‘Today,’ lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin” (Heb. 3:12-13).

The context of the verse is a review of the unbelief and rebellion of Israel in the wilderness. Though this happened centuries before the book of Hebrews was written, the spiritual principle applies today. We are to exhort one another to resist the hardening of our hearts that comes with sin.

Warning signs are given to us for our safety. Praise God that He has given us protective warnings in His Word because of His great love for us.

Lord, thank You for the warnings in Your Word
that are intended to protect and preserve my life.
Help me to heed Your reproofs and instruction
that I may live a life that is pleasing to You.

God gives us loving warnings in His Word to protect and preserve us.

Warning Sign
"Fair Use For Educational or Discussion Purposes"

Email: jonathan@raptureintheairnow.com

Re: Warning Sign

Thank you Jonathan for your faithfulness in contributing to our spiritual growth with these reminders from His Word. How true--we need to heed His warning signs.

Re: Warning Sign

Excellent reminder , Brother ...God in His Love for us , warns over and over and over again , desiring that none should perish !
Thank you for this post !!bb

Email: bonniebell81@hotmail.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com