Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Read Backwards

1 I saw a new heaven and a new eretz: for the first heaven and the first eretz have passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I saw the holy city, New Yerushalayim, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready like a bride adorned for her husband. 3 I heard a loud voice out of heaven saying, "Behold, God's dwelling is with people, and he will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away from them every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; neither will there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain, any more. The first things have passed away."

5 He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." He said, "Write, for these words of God are faithful and true."

6 He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alef and the Tav, the Beginning and the End. I will give freely to him who is thirsty from the spring of the water of life. 7 He who overcomes, I will give him these things. I will be his God, and he will be my son. - Revelation 21:1-7 HNV

I confess that I sometimes read the end of a book before I read the beginning. Doing so allows me to know which characters live and which characters don’t. When I know how it will turn out, I’m able to relax and thoroughly appreciate and enjoy the story and the characters.

In a similar way, reading the final book of the Bible, the book of Revelation, can be an encouragement and comfort for the followers of Jesus. Time and again, Christians are called to be overcomers (1 John 4:4; 5:4; Rev. 2:7,11,17,26; 3:5,12,21). We can be overcomers now and will be for all eternity.

As the apostle John talks about the revealing of the new heaven and the new earth in Revelation (21:1), he describes what the final victory will look like for those who have received Jesus as Savior. At that time, we will see the end of death, tears, sorrow, and pain (v.4). The Lord declares: “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son” (v.7). He will dwell with us (v.3), and He will “make all things new” (v.5).

When the trials of today seem more daunting than your strength, let the Lord show you the end of the story when you will be in His presence forever!

Stand up, stand up for Jesus, the strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle—the next the victor’s song.
To him that overcometh a crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory shall reign eternally. —Duffield

For hope today, remember the end of the story— eternity with God.

Read Backwards
"Fair Use For Educational or Discussion Purposes"

Email: jonathan@raptureintheairnow.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com