Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Kerry says ...

I don't understand something - Kerry says they are on track to achieving peace talks at the same time that Israel says they have approved settlements in the West Bank. This isn't the only time his statements have seemed contradictory. Is he completely confused or am I misunderstanding things?

Kerry says gaps narrowed in bid to restart Israeli-Palestinian talks

(Not sure if I did this link right)

From article:
(Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry voiced confidence on Wednesday that he was on track toward achieving a resumption of peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians, saying gaps had been greatly narrowed.
Neither U.S. nor Palestinian officials have given details of the discussions between Abbas and Kerry. Israel has also said little this week but announced a step that clashed with U.S. peace efforts - the granting of initial approval on Wednesday for the construction of 732 new homes in Modiin Ilit, a West Bank settlement midway between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.

Abbas has said settlement expansion must stop before talks with Israel can get under way. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has called on him to return to negotiations unconditionally.

Re: Kerry says ...

I noticed that my quotes and link in here disappeared??? Sorry about that - I'll atleast try the link again:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/17/us-palestinians-israel-kerry-idUSBRE96G0KB20130717

Re: Kerry says ...

Thanks Daniel ben YHWY! I tried the instructions you gave out on another thread and... well, you see how that worked - and what's up with my thread all over on the right side - I have thoroughly messed it up. Probably only something I can do!

Did you notice I added the YHWY on to your name? I never knew that by leaving that off that I was calling you 'Daniel son of'.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com