Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Driver's Ed!!!

Shiloh, do you have round a bout's where you live? I would guess they are everywhere so it is probably a silly question. There is this one round a bout that my sister has driven on many times and STILL cannot figure it out lol, she always ends up in the wrong lane then has to jump over at the last second in order to take the right road....it's surprising we are still alive when she drives!

One word description: YIKES!!!!

Shiloh - I guess they are also called "Traffic circles!" Seems like there is another name I've heard but it is escaping me?

The first one I ever saw was in Quito Ecuador years ago - very scary! Another scary one was in a small mountain town a couple of years ago where you would least expect to see one. It was more scary than the one in Ecuador! I can handle them, but, not in that little town!

NCIC - that is very funny but not funny

Angel Wings - I agree with your "Yikes!" I think all of us at Rita should come together and try it!

Rocki

Yeah, they call it a rotary here in Ohio. We have one close to us and another one a bit more south of us. I HATE those things!

No Other Rock,

I witnessed this type of driving many years ago when I traveled to Mexico City with my parents. There was a main square with a circle like this one and all the cars would drive in the center and try to make to their destination.
It was a crazy and dizzy experience to watch in action. Thankfully, the taxi driver was behind the wheel and not us.
I do not know how they can deal with this type of driving. It would stress me out.. LOL...

EXACTLY, AW7! LOL! Man, with the times we've been to D.C., I thought I was gonna stroke out! That beltway is terrible. I don't know how our son did it when in the service and stationed there. He'd come home as often as possible, even in the winter.

Thanks, Rocki, that's a pretty amazing video. I'm shocked there wasn't any accidents, especially since there were so many people on bicycles. Big yikes!!!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com