Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Arabs are backing Kerry, Says "old borders could be redrawn."

This really is sooo cool, I don't think we're gonna be around for much longer!

But will Israel go for this? I always thought that the Psalm 83 and Isaiah 17:1 battles were supposed to happen first. Then Ezekiel 38,39 (Gog, Magog).....then...enter the anitchrist.

Bygrace96, hey, I don't know how to make the links clickable on this old site either. I think I'm special too...lol..

Shiloh, Psalms 83 describes how the countries surrounding Israel join forces, but it doesn't say they make an attack. It seems like a declaration of notice and a prayer to stop them from coming. It may just be referring to the Ezekial 38-39 war (like the set-up of it). And remember, it says "as soon as" they say "peace and security" then sudden destruction occurs.

So it could play out like this: Psalms 83 tension builds (which we can see now), Peace agreement signed, Ezekiel 38-39 war, Arabs get their booties beat, and then the AC steps in to "enforce" the peace agreement, giving the Israelites enough time to build their temple. It may also be that the AC is not completely "revealed" until he declares himself above God in the temple (but that we are given a clue as to who to watch out for ahead of time).

In Ezekiel 38, Israel is described as an "unsuspecting" nation and one that is living in "safety." This implies a sense of peace in the land of Israel, which I don't think exists right now, but if there is a peace agreement with 57 nations, I could see how the Israelites will have a sense of false peace.

Email: ryadon@ymail.com

Haha, we should make our own "special" club Shiloh. And I've always sort of pictured Ezekiel 38-39 at the second seal, considering the fact that it is in fact the rider of war, also the fact that Ezekiel 38-39 requires the Israelites be dwelling in safety. So, if it is at the second seal, not only is Israel dwelling in (false) safety, but it also is at the beginning of the trib still allowing for the 7 years of weapon burning without getting all fluky with the Millennium, and we don't have an out of place war. Why go War, peace, war?

Yes,Bygrace96. We'll have our own "special" banquet room in heaven...lol...sort of like the kiddie table.
See, now I have asked that question before. When does the Ezekiel battle occur? Is it before the Tribulation begins or is it the second seal? I couldn't seem to find any information on that.

Sparkles, I see what you're are saying. Many of the Bible scholars I've read on that subject say it IS an actual physical battle yet there are some who disagree. Well, if you're right, that's all the better. It means we're out of here sooner.

Here's a Q&A from Jack Kelley's site:

How Do We Know Psalm 83 Is A Prophecy?

Q. How do we know that Psalm 83 (which, to me, sounds like a prayer, rather than a prophecy) is actually a prophecy of war? What makes that “prayer” a “prophecy” that we know as the Psalm 83 war?

A. You’re correct in saying Psalm 83 is a prayer, but that doesn’t make it a hypothetical one, such as when we pray for protection against whatever danger might arise. The prayer is too specific in naming the names of Israel’s enemies, even quoting their words.

Nothing that would have fulfilled Psalm 83 has ever happened, so there are two possibilities. Either the prayer was answered pre-emptively and God over ruled the enemy’s plan, or it was for a future time. Until recently we might have accepted the first possibility, but suddenly modern nations occupying the lands of the very enemies Psalm 83 spoke of are surrounding Israel and threatening to attack, using the same words as Psalm 83:4 says they’ll use.

Then you have the fact that these enemies, against all logic, will not be involved in a prophecy we know is about a future attack against Israel (Ezekiel 38). Why are they missing, unless they’ve already been defeated? These are strong circumstantial indicators that Psalm 83 is a prophecy that will soon be fulfilled.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/how-do-we-know-psalm-83-is-a-prophecy/#more-19187

~Fair use for educational and discussion purposes~

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com