Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Driver's Ed!!!

One word description: YIKES!!!!

Shiloh - I guess they are also called "Traffic circles!" Seems like there is another name I've heard but it is escaping me?

The first one I ever saw was in Quito Ecuador years ago - very scary! Another scary one was in a small mountain town a couple of years ago where you would least expect to see one. It was more scary than the one in Ecuador! I can handle them, but, not in that little town!

NCIC - that is very funny but not funny

Angel Wings - I agree with your "Yikes!" I think all of us at Rita should come together and try it!

Rocki

Yeah, they call it a rotary here in Ohio. We have one close to us and another one a bit more south of us. I HATE those things!

No Other Rock,

I witnessed this type of driving many years ago when I traveled to Mexico City with my parents. There was a main square with a circle like this one and all the cars would drive in the center and try to make to their destination.
It was a crazy and dizzy experience to watch in action. Thankfully, the taxi driver was behind the wheel and not us.
I do not know how they can deal with this type of driving. It would stress me out.. LOL...

EXACTLY, AW7! LOL! Man, with the times we've been to D.C., I thought I was gonna stroke out! That beltway is terrible. I don't know how our son did it when in the service and stationed there. He'd come home as often as possible, even in the winter.

Thanks, Rocki, that's a pretty amazing video. I'm shocked there wasn't any accidents, especially since there were so many people on bicycles. Big yikes!!!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com