Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Urgent Prayer Request

Please remember our friend Richard in your prayers. The fervent prayers of a righteous man availeth much. What a wonderful testimony he has. Come quickly Lord Jesus!
###############################################################################

Personal Testimony:

“Stunning news, I have cancer and am
Going Home to be with the Lord.”

[See Video with Richard at bottom]
7-18-13, R. A. Coombs, A O Report — I have some stunning news to share. I had not been feeling well of late. In the past 3 weeks, my skin had begun to turn a slightly yellowish cast, particularly last week. Local friends became alarmed and one friend in particular simply wouldn’t take no for an answer and took me to a local hospital emergency room on Friday, July 12.

After extensive blood-testing, and a catscan, I was given a preliminary conclusion by the ER doctors that Cancer had been discovered.

Specifically, “numerous tumors, one particularly large” was found on my liver. I was admitted to the hospital late that night and scheduled for reams of testing plus a sonogram on Saturday. More results showed cancer in the stomach, colon and intestines, with possible spreading to kidney and a couple of spots on a lung. This indicated that the cancer was very advanced and spreading rapidly.
The doctor’s prognosis: Terminal cancer, life
expectancy of “less than 90 days, most likely.”
I remained in the hospital on Monday and Tuesday for more tests and a possible procedure that I later determined too risky for minimal rewards. I refused chemotherapy. It would do no good anyway. Instead I chose to sign up with a local hospice care for in-home assistance until such time as it becomes necessary to be moved to their hospice home, located at the same hospital I was diagnosed.
The hospital has social workers and financial aid representatives to assist those like myself who have no insurance to receive Medicare/Medicaid. They also have the ability to work with Social Security to dramatically expedite applications for disability and retirement benefits, since I am 61 and since I qualify for benefits from my late wife’s account after she went to be with the Lord in 2011.
So, bottom line: It appears all of my medical bills will be covered for me, one way or the other. This allows me to focus on making final arrangements for burial and to focus on keeping my work and research available to the public. One long time supporter has indicated an intention to form a memorial trust fund that will provide financial support to keep the website online and published.
In the meantime, I am searching for additional assistance to see if I can find someone to takeover as editor and provide news coverage and intelligence analysis. I will also assign the copyrights to “America, the Babylon” to a family member in hopes that perhaps a publishing house will offer to republish the books in softcover format as well as digitally. I doubt this will happen, as the subject is just too much of a “hot potato” for a publisher to handle.
Needless to say, this news hit me like a ton of bricks. It comes after I posted what I believe to be my crowning article, describing how current events may unfold and develop into fulfilled prophecy – in very short order. There are still articles I want to publish yet this month. They are already drafted. I just have to digitize them here at the website. I will also continue to provide some level of commentary on late Mideast developments with intel reports as best I can as long as I am physically able to do so.
My current situation now allows me to provide a shining example of how Christians should respond in such situations facing mortality. It is a wonderful opportunity to witness to unbelievers as to our faith and as an encouragement to fellow believers and family around us.
Already, while in the hospital, I have had numerous opportunities to share and many expressed that they felt blessed by my interaction with them. I had a field day with the nursing staff – joking around and passing out miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups as part of my evangelism.
The normal response to such news is to go into “denial” but this was not my case. My initial response was – “Wow” – I finally get to go Home.” My second response – to all others including the doctors was:
To be absent from the body is to be present with
the Lord. It doesn’t get any better than that.
I feel sorry for you who are left behind.

Now you should have seen the double-take on one doctor’s face when he heard that. He didn’t understand. He was an admittedly unbeliever, agnostic/atheist and he did NOT want to hear the Gospel. Oh well, his loss, but maybe the Holy Spirit will use my remarks in the future to bring him around. It could happen, we just never know.
I wish you all could have been able to see or watch how I interacted with everyone I came in contact with. My intention was to act like the Apostle Paul would; cheerful, joyful and with subtle remarks intended to open up witnessing opportunities. There’s no better place than a hospital in which to do so.
So, there you have it. Now you know why the recent delay. Before I close, one final point.
We are sooooooo close to the Rapture that – I may not die but instead, like you be transformed among the living instead of resurrected. It is a distinct possibility, given the current Mideast situation. Remember those folks who hypothesize that the Rapture will be on Rosh Hashanah? If they are right, then maybe this is the year and if so then September 4 is a date to watch for.
I would appreciate your continuing prayers of support and encouragement as I work to tie up loose ends here so that my work may remain available to all.

Sincerely in Christ,
Richard A. Coombes
Publisher, The Alpha-Omega Report

http://aoreport.com/ao/

Re: Urgent Prayer Request

praying for Richard.

You will be in my prayers, Richard. My husband went to Heaven 4 years ago. He had brain cancer. Your situation is very close to my heart. I admire your attitude. I hope we all get to go home very soon!!

If you would like someone to chat with one-on-one, you are welcome to get my email address from Jonathan. (I will email him that it's ok.) You strike me though as a person who will be too busy for that! I felt prompted to offer, and so I did.

Blessings to you!
Patti Day : )

Praying in agreement with my family here on RITAN to pray for Richard.
What a blessing he is to the Body of Christ. Such a great outlook considering the bad news he has received.

He is an inspiration to all and has demonstrated such courage and strength. The Lord will use Richard in a mighty way to Glorify His Name and witness to others about the good news of Salvation. Amen!!

I pray that the Lord heal Richard's body to health and complete restoration.
God's will for Richard's life will prevail. God is in Control!

God bless,
AngelWings7

Wow. I just cannot find the words to say, other than of course I will pray for him. Thank you for sharing this.

It was so inspiring...

What a beautiful testimony of that of a Christian Saint
preparing to meet Our Lord and Savior. Well Done Good and Faithful
Servant!!! My prayers are with you Richard, who knows, like you said
You still might make the Rapture, I pray that you do..It is VERY CLOSE!
God Bless and Keep you Always.

I pray God's will be done, but I pray there be no suffering or pain. I pray that Richard's life in these last few days will be the greatest testimony to his friends and family of how much he loves Jesus.

Email: rbmomof4@yahoo.com

My heart and prayers go up for Richard. His testimony offers encouragement and inspiration to all of us. God bless you Richard.
Praying he be kept pain free during this illness.

Praying...

Oh my dear Lord, Jesus. I pray there is no pain or suffering. Just lost my spiritual mother about a month ago to something similar. I know heaven has gained a spiritual giant. She had no pain when passing on to eternity.
Lord, please comfort Richard and his family. We will all be together soon.

That's an incredible testimony. How do you pray for someone who is so elated about using his illness for God's glory?! Praying that He use Richard in a mighty way, that many will be saved. Also praying for healing and ease of pain. God bless you, Richard. See you soon.

Email: dave@aldrichdesign.com

May Richard remain in the Lord's keeping. Praying that the Rapture happen before his demise, and that he remain as pain free as possible. May his love of the Lord draw many into the kingdom. Bless him Lord, in body, soul, and spirit.

Love & blessings...Tender Reed

Praying for her

From my friend Lynn on FB~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here's a sweet email from Richard when I replied to his announcement - What an amazing example of Christian love and compassion!

Hi Lynn,

So good to hear from you. Yes, I'm told it will be most likely a quiet and peaceful passing from sleeping then sliding into a coma of 1 to 3 or 4 days maybe.

I should feel little or no pain with a strong likelihood of no or small need for pain meds. how unique and wonderful that would be.

Of course, there's also the possibility that I won't die at all. Instead I"ll still be around for the Rapture on Rosh Hashanah of September 4. Assuming he comes for sure on that feast day and that its this year. However, the way things are going in the Mideast now. This seems like about the right year for the Rapture. SO, who knows.

I do want to thank you so much for your input and exchange of ideas, and your prayers and support.

You've been a blessing and I pray the Lord will Bless you and your family as we await His Coming.

Sincerely in Christ,
Richard

What an amazing testimony of someone whose relationship with the Lord is so close that he is looking forward to being with Him throughout eternity despite his health problems. He is at peace, and is showing the world what a beautiful example of a mature Christian who is dying. How do you pray for healing for someone who clearly wants to be with the Lord? I will pray that he will be pain-free and in perfect peace....that is, unless we are raptured on Rosh Hashana and he is still alive! That would be the best.

I will keep Richard in my prayers and in agreement with Angel Wings.

I pray that the Lord heal Richard's body to health and complete restoration. God's will for Richard's life will prevail. God is in Control!

What a wonderful testimony to so many, of Gods healing power that would be.

The thief comes only to take the sheep and to put them to death: he comes for their destruction: I have come so that they may have life and have it in greater measure. John 10:10

From Richard's lips and heart to God's ears. A true child of the one true King, ready to meet His Lord. Oh, but that we all could face death like this. What a legacy and example to leave for others to follow in his footsteps. May Richard's life and passing glorify God just as he wants. I'm still praying he's right about the Rapture being around September 4th. That he will go to Jesus with all of us attending him. No death but rapture instead. The timing could work out like this. If not I pray he's right about no pain but slipping in to a sleep and going from there. May it be so for this servant of the Lord's.

I so admire his spirit, his desire here and his example. In the meantime he continues his website articles. He is focusing on the middle east and prophecy. Be sure to check it out. I hope wwhen my time comes, I can do the same!

A great location for the Rapture smiley about here.

Email: victorychanter@raptureintheairnow.com

Sorry,I feel so dence. I thought it said Rachel...that's why I said praying for her. No disrespect intended...

Praying for our brother,Richard.

Bumping this,he needs all the prayers he can get.

Praying for him.

Does anyone know how Richard is?

Regina, I just finished praying><> for him and his family.

Your brother Joe

Praise the name of the Lord! I can only hope to have this kind of grace poured out if/when my time comes! What an amazing witness. His Joy is in Christ, not in his circumstance. A powerful encouragement for ALL brothers and sisters who are suffering today.

Thank you, God, for this man, and may you use his testimony for Your Glory, whether by life, or by death. ~~Philippians 1:20

Hallelujah. May we ALL be so close to going home...

~~Becka

Email: rebeccagoings@gmail.com

Prayers being sent now, dear brother. We are holding you close and lifting you up to the Lord. May our Lord call us HOME soon with the shout and command.

Saying a prayer for Richard

ok tom, thanks for reminding us of this faithful man.
i think we will recognize him in heaven, as he will have such a large crown of righteousness.
what an inspiration,
praying for dear brave noble Richard.and a mighty welcoming party on the other side.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com