Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dog pictured floating to sleep in owner's arms has died

this tugged at my heart ~

http://www.today.com/pets/dog-pictured-floating-sleep-owners-arms-has-died-6C10680004
John Unger and his dog Schoep used to float anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, depending on the temperature of the water and how Schoep was feeling.

Schoep, the arthritic dog who became an Internet sensation last summer when he was photographed floating peacefully in Lake Superior in his owner’s arms, has passed away.

The 20-year-old dog’s owner, John Unger, announced the death of his best friend on Facebook on Thursday evening.

“I Breathe But I Can't Catch My Breath...” Unger wrote. “Schoep passed yesterday.”

. . Unger feared that he was mere days from needing to put then-19-year-old Schoep down. In anticipation of his loss, he asked a friend to take one last photo of them together.

. . Unger liked to help Schoep float to take pressure off his arthritic joints. . .

Re: Dog pictured floating to sleep in owner's arms has died

Aaawww...makes me sad - what a beautiful friendship. Hopefully they will see each other soon!

Yes, me too hope so

Ohhhh, how sad. I bet he is heartbroken. I've had enough bad news today and then to read this too.

This story really tugs at my heart too Donna.

I have an old kitty that has had a mild case of arthritis in her front legs. She started to show signs of increasing stiffness. After a trip to the vet this week, she is now taking Glucosomine and Chondroiton sprinkles to see if it helps.

My heart goes out to Mr Unger for his loss. Our pets are like family. At least to me.

Dear Donna,
My sis, what a beautiful love story of a man and his dog. What a blessing that he was able to love and care for his dog for so many years. Their bond even though his dog passed will never be broken. He is in Heaven now and his owner will see him again soon. God bless this wonderful man for taking care of his dog with so much love and compassion.
Thank you for sharing this heartfelt story with us.

God bless you..
AngelWings7

My heart breaks for both of them. May God richly bless both John and Schoep. They will be together one day again where there will be no arthritis or death. When the temperature will always be just right and the love between them shared once again. Both will run and play together like their youth. Jesus is reaching out to them both. Indeed pets are our children, too. Schoep appreciates what John did for him and knows it was to help him. Surely such a tender , loving heart as John demonstrated means He knows Jesus. If not we must pray he does soon for their grand reunion. Jesus, John and Schoep together. It's a love that continues unbroken as Angel Wings has said. This story does have "forever" written all over it.

Email: victorychanter@raptureintheairnow.com

Aww. Rest in peace, doggie.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com