<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Breaking News: Kerry Announces Agreement to Move Forward with Peace Negotiations

(CNN) -- The long-dormant Middle East peace efforts got new life on Friday.

An agreement has been reached that "establishes a basis for resuming direct final status negotiations between" Palestinians and Israel, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said in Amman, Jordan.

"This is a significant and welcome step forward," Kerry said.

This came as Kerry visited the Middle East this week and came up with a formula for reanimating peace talks between Israel and the Palestinian territories, a source close to the talks said.

He has been working intensely with the Palestinian side to get them on board.

Earlier Friday, in a meeting in Amman, Jordan, Kerry presented the plan to Palestinian chief peace negotiator Saeb Erakat in hopes that it will entice the Palestinians back to the negotiating table.

Read more at: http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/19/world/meast/mideast-kerry-visit/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Sorry if someone beat me to this :)

Email: ryadon@ymail.com

Re: Breaking News: Kerry Announces Agreement to Move Forward with Peace Negotiations

Totally amazes me how the US keeps pushing, pushing, pushing for something that can never be until God's plan be fulfilled.
The Palestinians do not want a peace plan, they want Israel destroyed.

The more Israel concedes to their demands, the more they want. (I read they agreed to release all the prisoners) The world is blind to this and willing to go along with it! He is coming soon to set all things straight. can't wait.

Re: Breaking News: Kerry Announces Agreement to Move Forward with Peace Negotiations

"Kerry said the agreement is still in the process of being formalized, so "we are absolutely not going to talk about the elements now," he said. If everything goes as expected, representatives for the two sides will join Kerry in Washington "for initial talks within the next week or so, and a further announcement will be made by all of us at that time."

So the Arabs have agreed, the Palestinians have agreed, all that is left is to pressure Israel into agreeing. The elements of this "agreement" are being withheld (are secret) until the signing of the official agreement. And "within the next week or so" a "further announcement will be made by all" at that time? Monday is Tu B'Av.....maybe we will get to go "outside" and parade around in white clothes as the virgin bride of Jesus!

I wonder if this is the 7 year peace treaty...

When people are saying, "Everything is peaceful and secure," then disaster will fall on them as suddenly as a pregnant woman's labor pains begin. And there will be no escape. 1 Thessalonians 5:3

Here's another nugget from Huffington Post:

"A senior State Department official said the two sides had agreed on the core elements that will allow direct talks to move forward, and that agreement was not reached until Friday afternoon. Still to be worked out in the upcoming initial talks are the agenda of the final status negotiations and the process.

When they first meet, they will not be "sitting down to draw a line on the map," the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the details."

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/19/mideast-peace-talks_n_3624844.html

Whoa...this sounds like all they got to do is state a time frame, a process, and to sign on the dotted line!!! And this could all happen NEXT WEEK!! WOOOHOOOO! Here is to hoping we have the final agreement next week and that it is in fact the 7 year peace agreement we've been waiting for...but then again, if it is, we WONT BE HERE!!

I sure hope this is it. I've been waiting since 1995.

Email: thessalonians6@bell.net

Exciting times guys, I sure hope this is it! Whether it is, or is not, isn't necessarily important, because either 1. The Arab's and Palestinians do make peace and we go home, or 2. The Arabs become upset and attack Israel because Israel may not agree. However, in either situation we more than likely will not be here, and probably will get a decent head start. One thing I did find interesting though was the stress on the amount of nations in this... "A covenant with many"?

Been waiting since 1993. Judging from the what the EU is pushing in terms of recognized border before 1967, I think they are attempting to push some plan to become active in 2014 to 2020, which is 7 years inclusive, it will be seen if this has any bearing on their talks, so maybe this could be it?

Thanks Sparkilita for the update.

I don't see this as 'THE PEACE TREATY", all this, is leading up to
the final Covenant which will be brokered by the AC spoken of by Daniel
the Prophet Dan 9:27 "Then he (AC) shall confirm a covenant (peace treaty already in place) with the many (Israel) for one week (7 years), but in the middle of the week(3 1/2 years) he shall bring an end to the sacrifices and offerings (rebuilt Temple).
I don't see Kerry as the AC but as a tool towards the final signing of the treaty that will start the tribulation countdown to the Second Coming. First the rapture then the signing of the 7 year covenant. But I believe there will be a time lapse in between the rapture and the peace
agreement. Also to note, Psalm:83, Isaiah:17, Jer:49 will be happening
either before the Rapture or right after and Israel will have to be
dwelling securely in their land before Ezekial 38 (Gog Magog) war.
Anyway if you've noticed in the past, anytime they get close to a
solution something always happens to stop it, someone either backs down
or demands to much. I believe this is God's delay until it is time
for the tribulation to start. These are just my thoughts on
the issue and what I have learned & studied from Bible Prophecy teachers.
It just makes sense to me.

This seems like a tentative first step towards discussing how to take a tentative second step, not "the peace plan". But if they are in talks at the rapture, it would seem to expedite getting a final plan in place. But I still think there needs to be a relatively all out war before a "peace plan" will make sense.

Here's more details: http://www.debka.com/article/23134/DEBKAfile-Kerry-obtains-Israeli-Palestinian-consent-to-negotiate-interim-accord-without-borders-issue

Email: TxThom@Raptureintheairnow.com

I agree. I think this is one of those initial stages that would lure Israel into accepting the treaty with the AC.

Or a war could start while this is going on and act as a catalyst at a future time to sign (confirm?), even if it's short, I don't know. They sure are pushing this, aren't they?

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com