<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pope Francis offers reduced time in Purgatory for Catholics that follow him on Twitter.

This kind of reminds me of the Martin Luther reformation
era. Selling indulgences e.t.c. Since when did God
vacate His Throne and hand it over to the Pope?
Unbelievable.

The Independent
One hell of a deal: Pope Francis offers reduced time in Purgatory for Catholics that follow him on Twitter.

Salvation – or at least a shorter stay in Purgatory – might now be only a tweet away with news that Pope Francis is to offer “indulgences” – remissions for temporary punishment – to the faithful who follow him on the social media site.

Around 1.5 million are expected to flock to Rio de Janeiro to celebrate World Youth Day with the Argentine pontiff later this month. But for those who can’t make it to Brazil, forgiveness may be available to contrite sinners who follow Francis’s progress via their TV screen or social networks

Full Article Here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/one-hell-of-a-deal-pope-francis-offers-reduced-time-in-purgatory-for-catholics-that-follow-him-on-twitter-8713666.html

Fair Use for Discussion & Educational Purposes.

Re: Pope Francis offers reduced time in Purgatory for Catholics that follow him on Twitter.

Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa....that is so funny! Is that sort of like making a plea bargain in court in order to get a lighter sentence?

Re: Pope Francis offers reduced time in Purgatory for Catholics that follow him on Twitter.

Shiloh --No difference, same Idea, and they both wear robes, one White and the other black, I rest my case..and to think millions still buy
into this. I wish people would read their bibles to know
what God says instead of what man says.
By the way just in case you wonder why everyone is going to show
up at your house tomorrow take a look at the July 22 Star of David alignment
thread. Daniel did it, it's his fault. LOL

Whaaat? Really? He is saying if I follow him on TWITTER!!!!! c'mon...seriously? I'm flabbergasted!!!

Shiloh
Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa....that is so funny! Is that sort of like making a plea bargain in court in order to get a lighter sentence?

Oh my gosh, you ladies have me in stitches! :D

All I can say is....."say what?!?!"

So, they only have to stay through the millennial reign instead of eternity?

Email: ryadon@ymail.com

lol Salvation is one tweet away!

I know nobody on this forum buys into this- anyone that believes this probably trusts obummer will actually fix heathcare too- perhaps the one everyone thinks is humble like a lamb is finally starting to speak like a dragon...true colors folks...

All the twits following Pope Francis on twitter to avoid Purgatory?

Whaaaaaaaat, whaaaaaaaaat, are you serious! Are people really that stupid...Oh let me find a scripture for that.

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things. Romans 1:21-23

Sammy :

lol Salvation is one tweet away!

That is so funny! I wondered how long it would be before
they started using technology for salvation.

Remnant Navi:
perhaps the one everyone thinks is humble like a lamb is finally starting to speak like a dragon...true colors folks

Couldn't agree with you more, it looks like the man
from the city of the seven hills is starting to make his moves.

Indulgences are ridiculous enough as it is. This is just embarrassing.

Email: Sld3N@mtmail.mtsu.edu

I can hear Pastor Begley now! Wh-a-at? Are you serious? And it fits beautifully!

Salvation is coming by technology. We call it the Mark of the Beast. Not sure what it will be called by the other side yet. Don't we have some valuable swampland to sell for building high rise buildings on? Gullible! G-u-l-l-i-b-l-e. And so sad to hear.

Email: victorychanter@raptureintheairnow.com

Choking with laughter; after I finish reading all of you!

ok you guys (gals) are hard to beat, but let me try.

Pope Francis is so up-to-date; he sells indulgences electronically:
Just use the "PAPAL" BUTTON

Just put him a red nose and large ears, what a *&%@!@

(sorry brother ncs329)

Daniel

Boxing kitty duking it out with the Pope's indulgences offer.

Oh Daniel-Blessed Boy...ROFL..Very Very Good!!
That one takes the Prize.

trophy photo: Grove City OH Awards trophy-reynoldsburg-oh_zpsddf3f5b4.jpg

Vatican officials, noted however, that to obtain indulgences over the internet or otherwise, believers would first have to confess their sins*, offer prayers** and attend Mass***.

“You can't obtain indulgences like getting a coffee from a vending machine,” Archbishop Claudio Maria Celli, head of the pontifical council for social communication, told the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera.

Fair Use for Education and Discussion Purposes

(from website cited above)

* to a priest in a booth
** buy prayers? like payinf or mass or a candle?
*** attends mass and contribute

Sorry I'm in "rebuke mode"

Wow, this is sad, guys, it really is. There are probably a lot of very sincere Catholics who believe this.

When I was a Catholic, I believed in what I was taught....until I started reading the Bible and the Lord showed me differently. Not long after that I left the Catholic church, especially after reading the Catholic Bible's version of Exodus 20 and the Protestant Bible's one.

The Lord showed me through reading both versions of the Bible that the Catholic church's bible removed the 3rd commandment (not to bow down to carved images) in order to support bowing down to the saints and praying to them. They had to replace that commandment with something, so they took the 10th commandment, and broke it into 2 parts to make it number 9 and number 10. Well, that did it for me. I got out of the Catholic church and never looked back.

Now the teaching of puratory is very dangerous teaching. The Catholic church teaches that you can buy your dead loved one's way out of purgatory by lighting candles, giving money to the church, and praying for them to get out of purgatory, (which they teach is the final purification of their sins), in order to get them to heaven. A very dangerous teaching, indeed. I wonder how many sincere Catholics went to hell because of that teaching? The church teaches about works and sacrifice instead of teaching that the atoning blood of Jesus was sufficient.

Oh, no brothers and sisters, I am not laughing at this article about the pope. I think it is very sad, indeed. We need to pray for the pope's salvation, and for the salvation of those who follow him.

Your right LisaLeenie, this is a serious matter, but also coming
from a RC background I do understand how many can follow the
church doctrines because they are afraid if they don't they
will go to hell. Many in my family have left the RC church
because like you they started to question their authority.
I also know there are some RC's who truly love the Lord
Jesus, know they he died on the cross for their sins and
don't follow Church doctrine but still attend the church
because that is familiar to them, they read scripture but
follow the teachings of Christ. They have a genuine
Love of Christ, and to me you can't fake that. How can
you love a God you don't know, there has to be
genuine belief of who He is and what He did on the cross.
Which goes to show that anyone can know the truth if they
seek it, and not follow blindly the teachings of a universal
church. I pray for those who blindly follow and consider
them part of the lost whom I pray for as a whole.
Your are absolutely right it is a sad thing.
Love You Sis

Daniel]>> "Pope Francis is so up-to-date; he sells indulgences electronically: Just use the "PAPAL" BUTTON"

OHhhhhhhhhhh... is that a new app, Daniel? LOL!

I wish the RCC would have encouraged us all to read our bibles instead of claiming that we couldn't ever understand and that only the pope could interpret scripture. When I read how pope Benedict interpreted Revelation 12, I was in shock. It was completely misconstrued.

We really must pray for those who will believe this. It really is a sad state of affairs. A serious one. What really angers me are those doing this to innocents. They need protection and awakening to truth. Praying Jesus reaches them and leads away from deception.

I can't add anything to that but a serious, AMEN, VC. It's the innocents we must pray for.

Morningstar
Your right LisaLeenie, this is a serious matter, but also coming from a RC background I do understand how many can follow the
church doctrines because they are afraid if they don't they
will go to hell.

Oh, yes, I remember that. And also being forbidden to read the Bible because only the priests were able to interpret the Bible. Using both fear of going to hell and ignorance of the Bible, Catholics remain in bondage to the teaching, which keeps them from leaving the church.

Morningstar
I also know there are some RC's who truly love the Lord
Jesus, know they he died on the cross for their sins and don't follow Church doctrine but still attend the church because that is familiar to them, they read scripture but follow the teachings of Christ. They have a genuine Love of Christ, and to me you can't fake that.

Very true. There are many born-again Catholics in the RC church and are sincere as can be. Like you said, they have a genuine love of Christ. I became a Christian when I was 18, and it took years for me to leave the church. (I was around 26 at the time when I left.)

Lisa is right. This is serious. At first it took me totally off guard. So preposterous all I could do was laugh, but this is very sad, peoples eternal lives are at stake!
I was also RCC and although left at fairly young age, it still took years for me to recover from being blind. All through the grace of God.

Praying for all lost souls, and for their victory in the truth of our Lord Jesus.

A Good example is my older sister & husband, went to church every sunday
raised their 4 boys in catholic school. She was defensive in the beginning
when me and my other sister would talk to her about the teachings, gave
her books to read, talked about the end times. She finally opened up
and started to question the church. She finally left her church 20 yrs ago
but my brother in law stood fast, it caused a little problem in the beginning
but she would talk to him in a casual way and never pushed. Little by
little we would have discussions when we visited, he came to believe
and accepted Christ, was looking forward to the rapture and really
loved the Lord. He never left the RC Church so on Sunday he would
go to mass, and my sister would go to Calvary Chapel. After he would
tell her what the priest preached, and she would tell him about
her pastors sermon. Every morning at 6:00 am they would get their
coffee and bibles and would listen to Dr. Vernon McGee. He learned
so much from these sessions. All this to say is that He went home
to be with the Lord in 2009 loving Jesus and born again. My sister
had a feeling if given enough time he would have eventually left
the RCC.

TakeMeHome
I was also RCC and although left at fairly young age, it still took years for me to recover from being blind. All through the grace of God.

I know what you mean. Remember the teaching about "venial" sins and "mortal" sins? The mortal sins being the "big ones", that will send you to hell, like not going to Mass, committing fornication, adultery, murder, (like the ones listed in Galations 5:19-21), and the "venial" sins were like telling a white lie, saying a bad word, etc. I remember not worrying too much about the venial sins, but the mortal ones had me scared. Now I know that according to the Bible, sin is sin, and without asking Christ into our hearts to cleanse us from ALL sin, we are destined for hell.

Ofwaihhbtn
Tkc
Twbd
Oeaiiih
Gutdodbafuotawftwtau
Lunitbdufe
A

The Lord's Prayer (twitter style)

Truly it is embarrassing how the "worldly" reason , for there is no rhyme or reason to it .
Why will they not go to THE WORD and receive The Truth ?
It is like they are allergic to the Wisdom of The Holy God .
" the heathen rage ..."
Everyday the world news becomes more sordid and more ridiculous , silliness goes along with evil in many aspects ...
Thank you for this post ! Thank you for all the comments here .
Love in Christ to you , Church That Waits , bb

Email: bonniebell81@hotmail.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com