Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Was Jesus affectionate?

"When we understand the affection that God has for us, it awakens our affections back to Him.

This is the most powerful and effective source to sustain a life of holiness and obedience to God.

Affection is unique to human beings; there is nothing in Scripture about angels having affection. They have joy and other emotions, but those are not affection.

Only human beings have been given the dignity of possessing the burning desire of affectionate love. God gave us this privilege so that we might voluntarily choose Him in love with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength.

A life characterized by affection-based obedience is a life in which you are so loved, and so love God, that obedience is the only reasonable response to anything He wishes. For the sake of love, you are willing to give everything and find no sacrifice too great."

Mike Bickle ~ Passion for Jesus (becoming fascinated with God's Beauty)

~~~~~~~

Re: Was Jesus affectionate?

Thank you, sis, good post!

Yes, I definitely think that Jesus was affectionate. Why else would children respond to Him in such a positive way? They don't respond to sour, unaffectionate people. He would touch the leper...something that no one even dared (or wanted) to do. He could have healed them by His Word alone, but He choose to touch them...which must have meant the world to them, considering that everyone recoiled when they came near them. And remember the woman who cried and kissed His feet and wiped her tears with her hair? She would not have felt comfortable doing such a loving gesture if she had not seen and sensed His love and His affection for others.

I was struck by the statement that angels are not affectionate. It's true that it is not recorded in scripture, but somehow I believe they are. The Bible does say how they worship the Lord at His throne, which is a sign of love and affection for Him. I do believe that they are capable of love, and that they truly love and care for the believers that they watch over.

Leenie, and all ~~~ take a look @ this ~~ wow, what an interview~
http://gnli.christianpost.com/video/passion-of-the-christ-interview-with-jim-caviezel-12938

"This is a great interview with Jim Caviezel who played the role of Jesus Christ in Mel Gibson's 'Passion of the Christ'.

Some great insights both into an actor's method as well as a devoted Christian and artist showing his own passion for his work. "

What a powerful interview, Donna, it gave me chills. Like you, I have even more respect for him because of what he went through just to play that part. I had no idea when I went to see this film that he was a Christian. That, to me, makes all the difference in the world.

Thanks, sis!

yes, it is a powerful interview ~~ I had heard Jim was a Christian before he did the part ~~

Jesus knows how many souls were saved through this film . . and bless Mel Gibson for following through making it . .

Oh, our Lord is definitely compassionate and caring. I agree with you too, Lisaleenie.

I think Jesus was affectionate. As is our Father. One way I believe it has been expressed is as Israel being "the apple of God's eye." Israel would be the focus, the object of God's affections and love.

I'm sure there are many more ways to show Jesus' affectionate nature, but this one came to mind first. ♥ Great question Donna!

Donna, sweet sis, I too believe that Jesus was affectionate for he showed love and compassion to the sick, lame, poor, hungry and lost souls.. You need love to be affectionate and Jesus had that and more. His heart oozes and spreads affection in the Word of God also.. God is Love=Affection...

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com