Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Old post from RITAN...lost forever?

Hi...
I was wanting to share and old post I made a few months ago on RITAN called "The Parable of the Computer"
I didn't save an original copy and would sure like to share it with a special friend! Anyone know where I can get a copy?
Thanks!
Love Dusty

Email: dustydonnay@yahoo.com

Re: Old post from RITAN...lost forever?

Oh, hopefully one of the mods can find it. I heard most all of our posts were going to be lost on the other site, Dusty. I hope that didn't get lost.

Re: Old post from RITAN...lost forever?

http://feeds.feedburner.com/RaptureInTheAirNowForumBasicTeachingInstruction-RecentPosts

Dusty D on "Hear now the parable of the computer......"
Posted:Fri, 14 Jun 2013 08:33:35 +0000

The Kingdom of Heaven is like a computer.

We first make all the materials. Those materials are formed into parts. Parts are assembled into components, components are assembled into the whole. Yet....without an operating system....it is lifeless. Not that it's life is real....only that it can perform functions.

This computer says to its creator....look at me! I am AWESOME! I can do so much....accomplish so much! The creator says I know....I made you for a specific purpose..... to which the computer replies HOLD ON A MINUTE! You made me? Im complex as can be! Formed of plastics and metals.... your meager hands and fingers can't form steel! Create plastic! The electricity that makes me run would kill you! No way you made me!
No...seriously! I do it all the time. I make computers to match whatever my need. Big, small, short and tall. Every color and style!

But the computer was blind to its own reality.....

The creator told the computer that there was a virus in the ROM and flashing it will remove the virus. But the computer was scared because the ROM is the heart of its system and it felt there was no virus as it worked fine.

The creator told the computer that the part of it that is aware of itself has nothing to do with its hardware.....on the inside its really an operating system with tons of folders and files that make up the whole of what it's purpose is and its experiences through the thread of time.

And the creator said...I have made all new hardware for you....with brand new ROM that is virus free! But I can't transfer the OS, folders, and files unless we flash your ROM. Or else the virus will move with the files and corrupt the new system. If we don't flash your ROM...we will have to just toss you out!

People often look at themselves and think we are too complex for to have a Creator. But the idea is alot easier to share if you have a tool that helps people to understand who they are and who He is. And for those of us who believe, it can be a wonder about what we are and what we shall be.

Sure....the computer parable is allot simpler than the reality of Life in the Universe...God...and Spiritual Reality. But to God.... its simpler than the parable!

He has the back up of all our hard drives! You dont have to worry about being cremated, losing organs or limbs, or anything of the flesh. We are NOT the computer....we are the the whole of information within it. And God can take US and move us from this to that as easily as we can move an MP3 of Hallelujah from the hard drive to a flash drive or even email to a friend!

I hope this helps you to understand or help others to understand what its all about.

Made it up myself with some help from HS! LOL

Love D

Finding pages that are no longer on the Internet

I don't know how David R found Dusty's post or how easily David can find other things, but there's another possibility, the Internet Archive, aka the Wayback Machine.

They have "copies" of RITA Now from various dates here:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://raptureintheairnow.com

May 1, 2013 is the most recent date. Just click on the blue dot to go there.

It's an exact copy of the site at that time. All the interior links (to RITA Now pages) I've tried work. I only tried one exterior link (to a site outside RITA Now), which also worked. An embedded video didn't work; however that might simply mean that the video has been removed from YT (or wherever it was).

I've rarely used the Wayback Machine before this, and only once that's recent enough to remember. On that occasion, I had both the url of the (utterly dead) site and the title of the page I wanted, so I'm not sure exactly what I did to find it.

Re: Finding pages that are no longer on the Internet

Thanks David!

We shouldn't lose all old posts. We have tried to save them at RN. Spent extra money to do so. We thought at first we might lose some of the last ones made but we are hopeful we haven't. Most should come through fine. Having said that, there's no guarantee. As things could till happen unplanned for. But this has been the plan--to save as much as possible. Since David found this for Dusty, that's a good sign! That would have been one of the last posts posted looking at the date!!

Email: victorychanter@raptureintheairnow.com

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Love D [:o)

Email: dustydonnay@yahoo.com

Hey, Dusty D. I really, really like this one. I'm going to pass this RITA link along to others. Really good one.

Awesome poem, Dusty!
Patti : )

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com