<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Will We Be Given A Hebrew Name in Heaven?

Dear sisters and brothers,

I have been wondering for awhile now, because I am not sure if this is true or not, that when we get to Heaven the Lord will be giving and assigning us each a Hebrew Name.. I thought I had heard this from somewhere but I do not recall exactly.. Any Thoughts on this?

Thank you,

AngelWings7

Re: Will We Be Given A Hebrew Name in Heaven?

Great question!

I've read we would get a new name in Revelations 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

It is not specific if it's a Hebrew name.

I'll take whatever name God gives me. ♥

I never heard that it would be Hebrew, I know there's a heavenly language.
And to think that the name will just be for us individually, so when
God call us by name in heaven we will answer. God is so great,
millions upon millions of people will be there and to have a name
that only God knows is beyond my imagination.
AngelWings7...yours could be "AngelWings8" (8 is for new beginnings)
Take me Home...yours could be "You are Home"..
and Mine will be "No more Whining"
Love you all..

Take Me Home,

Thank you so much for that wonderful and beautiful Bible Scripture.
Me too, Whatever name God wants for me I will be more than honored.
How exciting to receive a new name from the Lord... I cannot wait...
God is Good All of the Time!!

God bless you,
AngelWings7

Morningstar,
My dear sis, yes, how wonderful to be given a special name from our precious Lord.
I like the name you gave me sis.. How meaningful...

Your name could be BRIGHTSTAR, because the light within you shines so brightly! :)

Cannot wait to find out our new names... Ditto..God is Great!!!

God bless,
AngelWings7

I can't wait for my new name. If I use Perhaps Today now, I wonder what my new heavenly name could be?

Perhaps Today! Yours could be "Today & Forevermore"
Just to know that we will be with our King for Eternity
is more than I can grasp. We will soon find out!
Can hardly wait.

Morningstar: and Mine will be "No more Whining"

Perhaps Today - Yours can be "So it was that day"

Mine will be "Just got smacked so she'd hush"

Wow I didnt know this...very exciting!I always liked my name I have now but Im sure whatever the Lord has for me will be much better!

I've often wondered if the "white stone" is a diamond. I don't care what my new name is, as long as HIS name is a part of it. Just as Christ's name "Yeshua" means "Yah Saves", I would love to have God's name in my new one. :)

~~Becka

Email: rebeccagoings@gmail.com

Morningstar: and Mine will be "No more Whining"

Perhaps Today - Yours can be "So it was that day"

Mine will be "Just got smacked so she'd hush"

Mine will be no more crying. As in the song no more crying there we are going to see the King. Lalalalala

Also, shall we not be given a new name for our Lord, a name that we alone will call Him by. What a picture of intimacy.

Love & blessings...Tender Reed

TENDER REED,

How beautiful that will be for each of us to be given a special name to call our King...
Cannot wait for that moment...

God bless you,

AngelWings7

That's awesome!

i have been wondering about that name that Our king will give it to me and each of us.

smile

I think another question is, after we we get our new names, will we continue to greet each other -"hey Angelwings7 whats up? yo TxThom, hows it goin dude? Tender Reed, good to see ya bro!....." :)

In the Bible, it was common to have several names. While one name might be formal, another might be one that is more familiar. Some names were actually titles, also.

I like Becka's idea! I wonder if it will be something like how when you are married you take on the last name of your spouse. Maybe this new name will be a "family" name of some sort?!

On the other hand this is a personal name that nobody else will know, and that seems to reflect a personal, intimate gesture. In any case, I can't wait to find out!

Many of the names of angels end in -el, and that's sort of a family name. Another common name ending was -yah. Both refer to God.

That is interesting Dave R!! We have such an awesome future. It is no wonder that we are watching so diligently.

Just like royalty do now! They have more than one name along with titles. Like the new royal baby has three names and a title. Some have four names. We have middle names, too. So I believe we'll just add a special name given to us by our Heavenly Father that only he knows. We may also have a new name we'll be known by. But I believe it will be connected to our current names so it's recognizeable to us. Maybe adding a syllable or two to our names here we are known by.

Just speculating. I have no inside knowledge. It's fun to think about though. Whatever it is , we'll like it. Maybe we'll also have a family surname to show we belong to the family of God.

The Word tells us we will be recognized as we were known on earth. Maybe we'll have a heavenly ID tag/ badge or some sign accompanies us so all will know our name while on earth. But I rather think our minds are wired differently there. We'll just "know" because we will have his mind who recognizes us.

Email: victorychanter@raptureintheairnow.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com