Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Praise God! Let's cherish that old rugged cross

Ok,remember how I told you guys the cross scared me. That fear is ether leaving or already gone.

Well,the Lord has been teaching me about dieing to self. And I just happen to come across this song. Yes I've heard of the title but never heard the song in full before and now I keep listening to it. I do remember mom repeating a couple words from the song a long time ago as she was trying to remember the song as she was telling me about it. I'm thankful there have been people to plant seeds in her [like her grandma used to take her to church as a little girl] before the JWs taught her the cross is bad.

And I happily show you the cross I'm wearing.

Re: Praise God! Let's cherish that old rugged cross

Praising the Lord for this news, MRC.

It's neat that you posted The Old Rugged Cross. On the thread where you told us of your struggle, I almost posted this song for you, but then felt that it might be a bit old fashioned and not make the point that I was hoping for. But Praise God, He had other ideas, and led you to it on your own. Amen! I love how the Lord works.

I also like how you mention 'dying to self'. Amen, that can be a hard concept to learn, and I know that the Lord works on this one, with all of us. Praise His Name...

Phl 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Phl 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Phl 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Phl 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Amen, praising the Name above all Names.

P.S... The Old Rugged Cross, was a favorite hymn of my mothers. She sang it often. I'm so glad that she did, as it has become a favorite of mine as well.

Yes, praise God!

All yeah,what you said reminded me of something. I asked mom yesterday/very early this morning and she said that was her mother's favorite song.

Praise God! Mom let me play "The Old Rugged Cross" for her a little bit.

I hope dad heard it,too.

I found out mom's mom,that was her favorite hymn. And dad said his mom listened to it,too.

Please pray the Holy Spirit let it plant seeds.

Simple but powerful truths heralded by the lyrics. Don't know why, but it seems that those old songs are always the ones that give me goose bumps. I'll fly away, when the roll is called up yonder, amazing grace, I believe, etc.

Love & blessings...Tender Reed

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com