Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
be filled with His spirit

I am struggling how to put some words in this I hope that you guys will understand what i am trying to say.

anyways, this week, I had been pondering about the be filled with His spirit and some how Lord has been speaking to me and showed me the picture in my mind and i was able to grasp the picture what Lord has showed me. I would like to share with you guys.

you know the bible saying we must be filled in His spirit and not drunk in the world.

for example, we have vehicle, we have to fill up the gas into the vehicle right. we are supposed to fill up all the way from empty to full.
i know some people cant afford to fill up gas into the vehicle due to financial issues. we tend put 5 or 10 dollars for gas. then keep coming back for more gas later on but not fill up all way to full.

same with our spiritual life, when we read His words but short time like 5 minutes or 10 minutes like hurry to go somewhere and didnt have time for His word to be filled in our life. and things in our lives will be attack and not guard our heart from the evil. God wants us to be filled with His spirit daily through reading His words and mediate His words night and day. and be Guard on our heart. and putting our Armor of God on our lives daily, be constantly be filled with His spirit. we need to put ourselves into His words no matter what. we need to focus on His word to be filled up and we tend to be hurry and be quickly run to things in the world like being busy etc. and felt have no time to read His words. I believe that God wants Us to take the time to read His words where He wants to speak to us. and dont want us to worry about the time etc.

other thing that Lord has taught me yesterday at work, I was supposed to go to costco to pick up for Loaves and Fishes, I was in hurry but my boss came to me and we have to pray first, I said i need to go, she said not to worry, Pray come first. so I obeyed and went into the building and waiting for the staff to come and pray for the person who just had died from hitting car this week and we took the time to pray for him and his family. that s what Lord wants us to do that and take the time and not to worry about other things. they can wait. That s what God wants us to do.

Esphesians 5:18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,

Ephesians 6:10-18

New International Version (NIV)
The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

that s what He have the desire for us to be filled with His spirit daily and guard on our heart.

that s what Lord has been showing me in my picture about be filled with His spirit. so I thought I should share with you guys about this and encourage you too.

to be honest, I am trying to find right words to type it. so please bear with me if it is not making sense. but Thank you for your patience with me.

love in Christ
Hugs in Christ

fm12

Re: be filled with His spirit

FM, I like your analogy and you really explained it pretty well!! I agree that He wants us to be filled, and in that sense it "pushes" aside the other stuff so that the Holy Spirit has predominance in us!! Praying that the Holy Spirit will fill those on this site also and bless Ritanow in the new site!! God bless you today!

Re: be filled with His spirit

Funky Mom 12,
Hi sis, what a beautiful and inspiring message. I loved it and you made very good points on how important it is to make time for God so we can be in the presence of the Holy Spirit. Like you said, it should not be something we do in a hurry but with pleasure and love for the Lord. God should be our first priority not the things of this world. We need the Holy Spirit guiding us each day and that is why it is crucial to have a close relationship with the Lord. The Holy Spirit will fill us with wisdom and knowledge and the closer we get to the Lord the closer he gets to us.

Thank you for sharing this lovely message and teaching with us.
God bless you,
AngelWings7

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com