Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Spiritual significance of the sand dollar

Here are a few neat things I found while looking into this after my dream..

Sand Dollars
Reflections by the Sea

Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. Song of Solomon 2:12 NIV
To walk in the shallows and discover a sand dollar is a thrill for a beachcomber like me. Usually where there is one, there will be more. I have a large bowl filled with whole, unbroken sand dollars that I have collected from various beaches along the East Coast. When the tide recedes, it is easy to find them on the sandy bottom. Aside from spotting a very rare shell, I think coming across a flat of sand dollars is when beach combing is at its best.

Although this unusual species is special on its own, there is a “Legend of the Sand Dollar” that is associated with it that gives spiritual meaning. The legend says to break open the center of the sand dollar and you will see five white doves awaiting to spread Good Will and Peace. The Song of Solomon says that the season of singing has come. Let us be like the doves and spread Good Will and Peace through our singing…at home, at work, at play, with each other. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15. It is God’s message of salvation that he wishes us to spread. Let us go forward now and share the gospel.

The Legend of the Sand Dollar
~Author Unknown ~

There's a pretty little legend
That I would like to tell
Of the birth and death of Jesus
Found in this lowly shell.

If you examine closely,
You'll see that you find here
Four nail holes and a fifth one
Made by a Roman's spear.

On one side the Easter lily,
Its center is the star
That appeared unto the shepherds
And led them from afar.

The Christmas poinsettia,
Etched on the other side
Reminds us of His birthday,
Our happy Christmas tide.

Now break the center open,
And here you will release
The five white doves awaiting
To spread good will and peace.

This simple little symbol,
Christ left for you and me
To help us spread His Gospel
Through all eternity.

Next time you are walking along a beach collecting treasures, and you find a sand dollar; take one home and place it where you will see it as a reminder of this wonderful story. Tell your kids about the Legend of the Sand Dollar and why it is one of the greatest treasures you will ever find on the beach.

Email: Gwise032@yahoo.com

Re: Spiritual significance of the sand dollar

Beautiful!

Wise gal, I've seen this before from a sermon Perry Stone did. I wish I could remember the name of it but it had the name Cherokee (Indians) in it. It was really good. He showed this and some stones too.
I couldn't save the picture (copyright) and it wouldn't let me, but isn't this neat about the sand dollar? They really DO look like little doves that come out of it, don't they? God is in EVERYTHING. I just love that! There is proof all the time.
I'll just have to post the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lenbo/3920415711/

Thanks WiseGal I've learned a lot about the sand dollar these last few days. Amazing how it looks when opened up. Thanks for the picture Shiloh to me it looks like butterfly's. Probably because the Lord gave me a dream a long time ago about the butterfly. I see butterfly's everywhere, where as others see doves, etc...

Rita May, they DO pretty much look like buterflies, don't they? I wonder what your dream was about. I would love to read it. I LOVE butterflies. I think of the Chrysalis and draw a similarity of we are in that stage right now. But when we receive our glorified bodies, we will be as free as butterflies. Was it anything like that?

Rita May,
Like Shiloh, I hope you can share your dream with us one day..
I would love to hear what your experience in the dream was like.
God bless you my dear sis,
Hugs,
AngelWings7

Wise Gal,
Thank you so much for doing the research regarding the important significance and meaning of the sand dollar.
It was a beautiful illustration and I learned so much from your post.
God bless you,
AngelWings7

Shiloh and AngelWings I would love to share with you; however it is very personal so I cannot. I will say that it wasn't about the rapture but about freedom, and I was the butterfly flying free from a situation I was in at the time. Thank you both my dear sisters for being interested.

Oh, okay, Rita May, I get ya. It was something personal for you and not the body. I get that completely. I guess I was way off base but it sounded pretty good, didn't it? LOLOLOL

Yes Shiloh it sounded great! so I will take that version as well. Can't wait to fly out of here Sis.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com