Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Greetings and Sharing a "Message of Hope"

Hello, my beautiful people!

Just wanted to introduce myself and share what I think was sort of a message of hope. I don't want to write a dissertation on this and make this tedious to read. I'm João from Portugal, but you can call me John because that is apparently the English equivalent and it's a little easier to remember. I've been lurking RITA Now since March or so and this one as well since you all returned here after the other one went under maintenance. So I guess it's more like stalking. Yes, I've been stalking you all on here.

Anyway, when RITAN went down I asked the Lord that if it was His will that I should continue to visit your forum, if He could get the website back online. Sure enough, a few hours later the website was back up. It went down again sometime after, but it was enough of a confirmation for me. I have a bit of a tough time trusting new things sometimes and that's why I asked Him. So it helped me trust you all a bit more.

So, I want to thank you all because your messages helped me as well these past few months. It's nice to meet you all and I hope to be able to contribute something back as well. For now, I just want to give a shoutout to Shiloh because some of the images she posts gave me a good number of laughs already, especially the "going mental" ones.

As for the "message of hope," I don't get a lot of things that I'm certain came from the Lord. My dreams are probably all way to strange for me or anyone to be able to make anything of them, and my visions are non-existant, but the other day I woke up with "2 Thessalonians 5" on my mind. I later found out that there is no Chapter 5 in that book. However, I use biblegateway to read the Bible, since my mother took the liberty of using the paper Bible I had a few years ago, and ever since. It's fine, though. The strange thing was, as I was searching for the Chapter on Google and before I realised there was no such Chapter, I misclicked on a NIV link to the 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10 verses. So after I realised there was no such Chapter, I wondered if the 5 wasn't referring to a Chapter, but the first fifth verse of the book. It's a long shot, but I think I misclicked on those verses for a reason, and even if I didn't, they still give out a good message, so I thought I'd share them with you all anyway.

This journey is tough but remember, the Lord is good and He will not forget even for a second the ones that love Him.

EDIT (to add the verses in question):
"5 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.
6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you
7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.
8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might
10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you." - 2 Thessalonians 1 (NIV)

Re: Greetings and Sharing a "Message of Hope"

Hi Brother John welcome to RitaN family. So happy you came out of lurking and joined us. Actually I was a lurker for quite a while as well.

I was wondering if your dream could have been...1 Thessalonians Chapter 5

1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

These are very encouraging scriptures and we know the we are heading very quickly to it's fulfillment.

Thanks for sharing with us. I look forward to more of your posts.

Thanks for the reply, RitaMay!

The thing is, it wasn't in a dream. I woke up and one of the first things that randomly popped on my mind was "2 Thessalonians 5". No correlation to what I had dreamed. The 1 Thessalonians 5 you mentioned was the first thing I actually misclicked when I went to search for it, but since it was 1 Thessalonians and not 2, I didn't regard it and went back, and then I misclicked on the 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10. It could very well have been me being weird and thinking about the "2 Thessalonians 5." But since it was a good message anyway I'm not complaining.

P.S.: I edited my earlier post with the verses in question.

Well that's interesting...whichever it was they basically are saying the same thing! Good news indeed my brother.

Welcome, Brother John! : )

Welcome to RITA Now John. I hope we meet in the air very soon

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Welcome to RITA, Brother John! So glad you came out of "Lurker Land" to join us!

Good first post, thanks for sharing with us your experience about the scripture. That has happened to me before, also, where a scripture has come to mind and either it is not there because the chapter doesn't exist, or has nothing to do with what I was praying about! But that's okay, the Lord is perfectly capable of leading and guiding us in all things.

Looking forward to your future posts.

Oh, and by the way, those images that Shiloh posts are hilarious, especially the pidgeon that knocks the other one over. Classic!

BIEN VENIDO MI HERMANO!

Looking forward to your Posts! And thank you for sharing
this scripture, very encouraging!

Welcome my brother and thank you for your encouraging words!

Welcome to the family John. I checked and the catholic versions also only have 3 chapters to 2 Thessalonians. Figured it was worth a check out of curiosity.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

Thank you all for the kind welcome messages!
I look forward to watching and waiting with you guys for the glorious return of our Lord! It hopefully won't be long now.

Lisa, yes! I also liked the one with the squirrel saying "I got this!"

Welcome John!

Welcome BrotherJohn, so nice to finally meet you!
Looking forward to more of your posts as we wait for our Beloved.

Maranatha!

Thank you! We'll hopefully all meet in the air soon!

Welcome Brother John. So glad you are here, and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Welcome Brother John to the Rita family. We look forward to sharpening iron with you and further posts. Which ever, the verse intended, I like them both. Maybe new Scripture is coming. lol

After the Rapture, there's a new story to tell. Wouldn't that be something if Bibles all over the word had sudden new chapters added! God works in mysterious ways. Perhaps you saw, "got"-- a report of the future. Whatever, it makes great opening acquaintance conversation. The realists vs the dreamers.

Maybe God will confirm this correct Scripture to you later. Let us know if there's any update corrections forthcoming.

In the meantime we'll celebrate your arrival among us!!

Email: victorychanter@raptureintheairnow.com

Greetings to you my dear brother.May God bless you!

Thank you for the welcome messages!

Victory Chanter, if I experience something similar to this I will try to share it as well, but in my case it seldom happens, so it'll probably be a long while. But we never know, as you said, God works in mysterious ways. I look forward to reading more of everyone's posts as well! God bless!

Welcome Brother John :) :)

Thank you, No fruit for Eve! (I guess Eve is done trying out all the different fruit, uh? Yup, I've been watching. )

Hi Brother John,
Welcome to the RITAN family.. So glad you graduated from lurker to member. It is nice to have a new member from
Portugal here fellowshipping with us. I enjoyed reading your first post and I sure look forward reading the others. Hope to see you in the clouds soon for the Lord will be arriving very soon for his beloved bride.

God bless you..
AngelWings7

Hey John, great to have you as part of the family here at RITAN

Enjoyed reading the verse, thank you for sharing with us!

Hi!

Welcome, Brother John!

Welcome, BrotherJohn! I'd write more if I were fully awake right now. It's good to have you posting with us.

Welcome BrotherJohn to our RITAN family. Keep looking up and watching because in a moment, the twinkling of an eye, things will never be the same. We are so close to going home brother.

Thank you all for the welcome messages!

It's alright, David R! A simple "welcome" is more than enough!

Welcome Brother John. So glad you joined us!

Thank you, NoFearJustFaith!

Hey BrotherJohn, WELCOME to the group! Actually, I think there's approximately 7,000 on here so just multiply the doggies in your mind.

Since I've been seeing your name, I want to break out with this song. Sorry, I don't know how to embed it on this old site or even make it clickable.
Can somebody help me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf8mFYSnjmY

Welcome Brother John, I am so glad you joined this family of Rita, I am looking forward to get know you more smile

fm12

Welcome brother Joao!
Here is Shiloh's Video for you.

Daniel

Welcome to our humble and unique family. We are so glad to have someone here from ...where did you say? Can't remember, and I just read it. Senioritis Interruptus from a 57-year old!

Anyway, WELCOME!!!!!

Email: rbmomof4@yahoo.com

Thank you to everyone!

I'm actually more of a cat person myself, Shiloh. Here at home we were blessed with 4 cats and a stray we take care of. Also with 3 dogs, so it's not like I dislike dogs at all.

That song definitely put a smile on my face, it's going on my favorites for sure. Thank you so much for sharing!

Rhonda, I'm from Portugal. Don't worry about it, we all have our moments of forgetfulness.

May the Lord bless you all and I hope to see you around here, if not in the air soon!

Thankyou so much, my sweet Daniel!
LOL, Brother John, we have 4 cats too and always take care of strays but our cats all have different personalities. One thing they all do though is when I wake up, they are all sitting there just staring at me. Our dog used to do that too. It was like he was guardng me. My mom started laughing really hard when she spent a few nights here because I fell asleep on the couch, she was wide awake and said he just sat there like a sentinel being very still and watching over me. He was SUPPOSED to be my husband's dog. We miss him very much. We used to tell him he was the best dog in the universe and he would wag his tail. He was a shepherd/lab mix but looked more shepherd. Extremely loyal and protective. I can't wait to see him in heaven.

Yeah, my cats all have different personalities as well, it's actually pretty funny. Aww. Your dog sounds awesome. Well, if we go up in the air soon, maybe we'll all have a pet meet & greet with our old pets!

God bless!

I like that idea BrotherJohn - meeting each others pets will be almost as much fun as meeting each other...I can't wait to meet everyone - overwhelmed with that feeling this morning

Welcome Brother John! :)

Email: ryadon@ymail.com

Thank you, Sparkles!

If it's alright with the Lord, it's alright with me, NoFearJustFaith! So we'll see. And I know how you feel, but let's hang in there a little bit longer and rejoice because He is coming.

May the Lord bless you both!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com