Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
rapture and pets

Forgive me for this post but I always am concerned about whether or not my cat will go with me at the rapture.I want to state that I care more about human souls (believe me!!!!) but my cat is a part of our family.I know nothing is impossible for the Lord and so Im just wondering???any thoughts?

Re: rapture and pets

Rosesinsept,

This is an excellent question and I am curious too about the answer.
I surely hope and pray that my current pets including 3 stray cats that I take care of will be going up with us in the Rapture. It would break my heart to see them left behind and not being properly taken care of.. They are all my babies and I love them so much.. Hopefully, one of our brothers and sisters here can shed some light on this important topic..

God bless,
AngelWings7

We had several threads on this on the new old RITANow. I am very concerned about that too. One persons comment (can't remember who's) was that the rapture was for humans not animals. Most eveyone else felt like they would be but I don't remember anyone having scriptural proof of that. I think it was brought up that it is in scripture that there would be animals in heaven but nothing on them being raptured. I pray that they are. I would hate to think of my cat's starving to death in my apartment.

Our pets are part of our families, so I am hoping they go with us. They are not equipped to care for themselves outside. Hopefully, we shall soon find out.

The Bible doesn't say one way or the other, but we should remember that having animals as pets is a recent phenomenon. Even 100 years ago dogs and cats were for protection and pest control. Only recently have pets become like members of the family.

I grew up hearing that heaven was for people, and that pets weren't going to be there. The reason I was given was that animals don't have a soul, so they can't be "saved". (During times of pet loss, my parents would say: "If having your dog in heaven is the only thing that would make you happy in heaven, then God would arrange it.")

BUT!!! Although animals do NOT have a soul, we KNOW that animals WILL be in heaven. Horses, lions, lambs are all mentioned as being in heaven in the Bible. Not because they have been "saved" but because God likes them and wants them to be there.

We also know that God sees when a sparrow falls from its nest. He cares for the animals too.

(Edit: To make it clear, my point is that maybe the subject isn't in the Bible because it wasn't an issue 2000 years ago, and most people through the ages weren't as attached to pets as we are these days. I believe God has a special place in His heart for the pets we love. Just like we parents have an affection for a child's stuffed animal simply because he/she loves it so much. We do anything in our power to make sure the stuffed animal doesn't get lost during a move across the country, for example.)

I have no Biblical proof for it just a big hope that my cat will come too. But several of the visions I have read about how it is om earth during tribulation hints that there are no animals to be seen around. Whether that means that they are dead or it means that they are already raptured, that is the big ?.
Sorry but I cannot give you a sure answer, but I can assure you that nothing is impossible for God.

Rexella Van Impe has a book out about pets in heaven answering this question. They had a cat they were crazy about...I offered to give them one of mine but got no response (only kidding). Her book is all scripturally based. To sum it up, the answer is yes.
Since animals are without choice and live in a fallen world, they can't sin. I'm pretty sure mine can though. It's us humans who sin. Therefore, why would the Lord deny us the very living creations He entrusted us with? I believe we will be reunited with our pets who've died and our present ones will go with us in the Rapture. To claim that they won't would be putting God in a box. God has mercy and cares for ALL of His creation. He commanded that people rest the oxen and not put the yolk around them on days. After all, not even a sparrow falls to the earth without His care.

That the answer we all want to hear. Thanks Shiloh

Ditto Annelis! - I always laugh when I see that squirrel. - See - how could God not bring along a cute little funny furr thing like that

Oh, I meant yoke, not yolk. Sorry, you guys. I'm always thinking food. I better go take a nap. These last 2 weeks have finally caught up with me.

Yes I believe our pets will go with us too. After all, there were animals in the garden of Eden before the fall of mankind. Heaven on earth.

Could the verse below be stretched to include pets that belong to you?

1Co_7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

(KJV)
fair use for discussion purposes.

Email: thessalonians6@bell.net

Sam, I have to admit, I've never understood that verse. I have to research that. Isn't salvation and sactification a decision that an individual makes? For example: Say a man's wife is unsaved but he is. Wouldn't she have to ask Jesus into her heart and recognize Him as Savior too? I believe in the age of reasoning. It's probably different for everyone. When we are old enough to make an informed decision either to accept and ask Jesus into our heart or reject Him having full knowledge. We are only held accountable for what we know as far as the truth of the gospel. Why would God send a child to hell when they don't know the truth and aren't old enough to make an informed decision? That makes no sense to me. We have a merciful and loving God and my job, as a parent was to raise my children in the knowledge and truth of the gospel. Only through Jesus do we enter the Kingdom because of His sacrifice. We were paid for with a heavy price. When my children grew older, they made an informed decision and asked Jesus into their hearts. Yet, I believe it's different for an adult who already knows and purposely rejects our Lord for one reason or another. They made an informed decision.
I don't believe animals fall into that category. Maybe someone will think I'm crazy but I believe animals already KNOW our Creator.

I never understand that verse either!!!
I believe that we all have to individually hear and believe to be saved. Maybe its more of a blessing over a family when one is a believer??

As for our pets, I hope they go but Im honestly not sure.
I think that there will be animals in heaven for sure because Jesus comes back on a horse but I dont know whether that means that they will go in the rapture to get there though.
Hope so :)

I never understand that verse either!!!
I believe that we all have to individually hear and believe to be saved. Maybe its more of a blessing over a family when one is a believer??

As for our pets, I hope they go but Im honestly not sure.
I think that there will be animals in heaven for sure because Jesus comes back on a horse but I dont know whether that means that they will go in the rapture to get there though.
Hope so :)

Uh, there's that squirrel again.

I don't know if our pets will go up with us, maybe they won't. But I think we'll be reunited with our old pets who are no longer with us here. Even if our current pets don't go up, have faith that the Lord will continue to provide for them. He has given them provision so far with us, I believe He would continue to do so in some other way.

I actually have thought about what Shiloh said as well. I have even asked some of my pets before if they have some sort of innate sense that the Lord is God, that He's the Creator of all things. Of course they just looked at me the same way they always do. Maybe we're wrong, maybe we're not. We'll see one day.

Sam - I have heard that verse before. I think it was on another forum where they were discussing if children would be raptured and one persons belief was that they would only be raptured if one of their parents was saved basing that belief on this verse. I disagree with that belief. I think all children will be raptured and hope that our furr children will too.

Tee Hee BrotherJohn - I ask my cat's all the time if they're ready to see Jesus. I tell one of them (the one we refer to as hellchild) that Jesus is going to have to do some serious work on him.

But, children and animals have a sense about them that we as adults don't have. I think they are in tune to spirit that has not been corrupted by the darkness that we have over time. I think that is part of their innocence. That is part of my belief that they will be raptured with us - that is only my opinion and nothing scripturally knowledge based.

I'm hoping the fleas, ticks and mosquitoes stay down here.

I believe they go with us.Awhile back I mentioned that I had a little kitten that got hit by a car(poor thing)I loved her so much and was devastated and would not "let go"...well I had a dream that night and Jesus came walking up to me holding my kitten peacefully in His arms.She was just lying there in His arms and God comforted me with this dream.Since then I believe he personally cares about our animals and that they will be in Heaven with us...will they go up with us in the rapture?I dont know...but I know with God anything is possible.

All great responses and well thought out. First I would say that indeed the Lord knows our hearts. I would then pose this question, If no other of our family accepted Christ, if no beloved pets were allowed in Heaven, and of no other person on the the face of the earth accepted Christ but us, would we still want to be in Heaven with Him??? We do know that Heaven will be gloriously perfect for each of us. I guess we just have to trust Him for our pets.

Love & blessings...Tender Reed

TR, I'm not sure if our pets go to heaven or not, but to answer your question, there is nothing that could keep me wanting to be in Heaven with my Beloved Yeshua. I'm sure when we get to the other side all of this will be sorted out to God's will and plan. It will be perfect.

Hi there,
About five years ago I needed to put my very sick horse down (something I have done with our vet before). What should have been a simple procedure went terribly wrong and my beloved horse went through an awful ordeal. I felt unbearable guilt for causing this trusting animal to be terrified and experience great pain. I cried and cried and cried. My husband was "on the road" for his work that night. I climbed into my bathtub and sat in the water praying, crying, and unable to be OK at any level. All of a sudden, I was standing at Jesus side (vision was in black and white), looking at a huge field filled with grazing horses. My beautiful mare lifted her head and approached us. She nuzzled my hand and then turned and went back to the other horses. Just as suddenly, I was back in my tub, still teary, but able to come to peace with the situation. I believe Jesus gave me a glimpse of her in heaven, so I could know she was happy, and I was forgiven for my part in the situation. Thank you Jesus! Only He can mend our broken hearts!

Email: nannzinn@hotmail.com

That's an amazing story Mountain Grace. We were made in God's image so I feel he has a place in his heart for animals just as we do.

Another interesting perspective of animals and them not having a choice, you can truly see that in their nature. There is nothing in them that is deceitful or intentionally hurtful. They act purely on natural instincts. Yea some of their instincts are hurtful but they don't plot and plan to do that, they are usually acting out of lack of intelligence, defending themsleves or to survive.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com