<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Hole-y Sun - a foretaste of darkness covering the Sun?

The SOHO satellite picked up a coronal hole over the sun's north pole that covered nearly a quarter of the sun. The pix is from 7/18/2013. Thought it was interesting. Would be more interesting if it had actually correlated with something happening. I've never seen a coronal hole this large before. Must be all those SUV's.

http://news.yahoo.com/spacecraft-sees-giant-hole-sun-video-153040642.html

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

Re: A Hole-y Sun - a foretaste of darkness covering the Sun?

I don't know TxThom, maybe there was something going on.
I always look to Israel to see what might be going on there.
Here's what I found: Interesting I think.

•Israel Warns EU Ambassadors of Serious Crisis Over New Settlement Guidelines
7/18/2013
•Palestinians Call Kerry's Formula for Talks Insufficient
7/18/2013
•US Says No Plans for Mideast Talks Yet
7/18/2013
•Arab League Backs Kerry's Israel-Palestinian Plan
7/18/2013
•Israel Denies Report of Willingness to Adopt Arab Peace Initiative
7/18/2013
•Report: Palestinian Leaders Favorable to Kerry Proposal
7/18/2013
•PA Officials Say Kerry Making Real Progress, Predict Resumption of Peace Talks in August
7/18/2013
•Israeli Officials Concerned Sinai Violence May Cross Border
7/18/2013
•Bennett Threatens to Leave Netanyahu Government Over Peace Talks on 67 Lines
7/18/2013

You beat me to it, Tx Thom. I saw this on Yahoo news this morning and was planning on posting it myself.

Very interesting. It reminds me of Joel 2:1,2

Blow the trumpet in Zion,
And sound an alarm in My holy mountain!
Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble;
For the day of the Lord is coming,
For it is at hand:

A day of darkness and gloominess,
A day of clouds and thick darkness,

Like the morning clouds spread over the mountains.
A people come, great and strong,
The like of whom has never been;
Nor will there ever be any such after them,
Even for many successive generations

LOL! That was my exact same thought when I saw this on the news. I thought, "I wonder if this is a foretaste of the sun going dark." That DOES look awfully large. Scientists are saying, "No worries..nothing to see here..now move along."

Thanks! And just in time to use for my Revelation 8 commentary. I had envisioned the sun being covered in sunspots darkening it by a third, but this is certainly a possibility too!

Email: amy@trackingbibleprophecy.org

I saw this this morning and wondered if this could be an end time sign. I hesitate to see it this way simply because I am grasping for any thing that points to the end time and need to be cautious.

I'm confused, so can someone help me out? So there was a hole on the 18th...is it still there? Did the hole disappear? Is the sun no longer dark on that 1/4?

Email: ryadon@ymail.com

This is funny - I just asked questions on Jonathans thread about this but I'll ask it here too in case you guys don't see that one.

Does anyone have any information on what will happen with this sun spot - especially one this large? Will it grow? Will it go away? How long will it be there???

NoFearJustFaith
This is funny - I just asked questions on Jonathans thread about this but I'll ask it here too in case you guys don't see that one.

Does anyone have any information on what will happen with this sun spot - especially one this large? Will it grow? Will it go away? How long will it be there???

Haha...confused minds think alike! :P

Seriously, this scientific/space stuff has always been over my head. I'm like, "oh, that's a picture of the sun...why is it so dark?" LOL

Email: ryadon@ymail.com

Coronal holes come and go all the time. That's the biggest one I've seen (although I don't watch very diligently, so that's of limited limitation). And that picture was apparently at the time of it's greatest extent. Spaceweather.com is a good place to watch for, well, space weather.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

When my gen X little brother was into seattle grunge music, there was a band (Soundgarden) that did a song/music video that was called "Black Hole Sun" - this creepy thing depicted a pole shift- get on your tin foil hats eek! lol! :)

So...this is probably like all others birth pangs that we see with earth quakes and other natural disasters increasing in intensity and definitely a foretaste of what is to come, eh?

That is very freaky when we're all watching so intently and all the sudden - WOA THERE'S A BIG HOLE IN THE SUN. God's probably up there saying "Watch them all scramble on this one?"

Here is a very interesting article on this that everyone should check out:

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/is-our-sun-in-the-very-early-stages-of-shutting-down

God Bless

This brings to mind what Arte Johnson used to say, "Very Interesting"

Of course, I don't know what this might mean for us. I pray that it is sign that we can look to in our desire to be with our Lord and Savior.

Email: kc4wvl@peoplepc.com

Remnant Navi,
I wonder if those little tin foil hats would work with NSA's transmissions?
Nah, probably not.

Remnant Navi: "this creepy thing depicted a pole shift- get on your tin foil hats eek!"

Remnant Navi and Patti Day, I'm frantically searching for mine. I thought I stuck it in a hat box in the closet and it's probably all smashed up now.

On a serious note, I really do believe this is a foreshadowing because we're not going to be here for Revelation 8.

Shiloh, much agreed :) on a side note I thought there must be a cottage industry for making tinfoil hats, I just don't have the capital to start it- if another RITANer does and gets weathy before the rapture, just give me a royalty :) lol!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com