This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Should Israel rebuild the Temple? Israelis say ‘Yes’

With all the Peace talks in the forefront of the News, and now the
Temple being discussed, no wonder were all excited about the
Rapture.

Israel Today News

Israel Housing and Construction Minister Uri Ariel (Jewish Home) recently declared, "we need to build a real Temple on the Temple Mount." Israel Today’s Jonathan David talked to average Israelis on the streets of Jerusalem to see if they agree.

Arlene Alyehs: “Yes! It’s a symbol for Jews all over the world, especially for religious Jews. It’s the site of the Temple and I think the third Temple should be rebuilt; hopefully in our time.”

Eliran Maalumi: “That will take time; it’s not something that will happen in a day.”

Aline Szewkeis: “I’m Jewish and Judaism says that when Messiah comes, we will rebuild the Temple. At this time the Messiah did not arrive yet. Let’s think about this in the future. Now is not the time to think about this.”

Ariel Aharon: “It’s not supposed to come as an act of argument and all of that. It’s a blessed thing. It should be built in a peaceful way and everyone will be blessed.”

Naom Shiff: “I think it’s more for the far future than a plan that should be executed right now.”

Agee Gottdiemer: “First of all, there’s no such thing as ‘new Temple’. There is one Temple and it has been destroyed twice. There’s no such thing as old Temple or new Temple. Rebuilt Temple!”

Tamar Roller: “No, because we believe that God will build it and He will bring it. We don’t do it in our own hands. We know God can do everything, so it’s taking from His big and mighty power if we don’t trust that He will be able to build it and in the right place. So, it’s not for us to do it. You can’t force it to come; it’s up to God.”

Joseph Simon: “If the Temple were to be rebuilt now it would cause a huge argument with the Jewish people. Because many hold that it shouldn’t be, many hold that it should be. No one knows who’s right or who’s wrong. That’s why we need the Messiah. It would be nice to see a Jewish house over there; something to present to say that this is a Jewish mountain. This is our gift from God. Not only for the Jewish people; when the Temple was built many non-Jews came also.”

"I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, 'Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.'" (Revelation 11:1-2)

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsItem/tabid/178/nid/24015/Default.aspx?utm_source=news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=887&utm_content=original
Fair Use for Discussion and Educational Purposes.

Re: Should Israel rebuild the Temple? Israelis say ‘Yes’

I agree that it is up to God when or if the Temple is built. But they could erect a tent temple literally overnight and resume the sacrifices. Like the tabernacle of Moses.

The Bible tells us there will be a temple defiled by the AC in the Tribulation. Is this a tent Temple or "building that is built." If it's a building it's not clear that God approved? What do you all think? Do these passages imply God approved?

Revelation 11:1,2
1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

I don't understand the above conversation. I didn't know that there was ever a question as to WHO would build the temple. I thought it was always the Jews...at the start of the tribulation. ???

The Jews will build this next Temple. I doubt if the Holiness of the Temple would allow a lot of hands on Gentile help, although fundage would be helpful I would think. And we know it will be built, because it will be desecrated by the AC. We know that this was not fulfilled in the ultimate sense by Antiochus Ephiphanes at the time of the Maccabean revolt, because Jesus alluded to its future fulfillment. This isn't acceptable to Jews, however, unless they acknowledge whom He is. I can't see anyone desecrating the Temple after Messiah is sitting on His throne in the middle of it, so I know there must be a "disposable" Temple coming soon. But the Jews will expect the next Temple to be a lasting one.

Also from an orthodox Jewish perspective, I imagine there's the urge to rebuild the Temple so that the sacrifices for the sins of the world can be restarted, so that they can worship their God in the manner which they have been instructed by Him. This isn't a big deal at all for the Reformed Community which is prevalent here in America.

But Ezekiel describes a Temple for Messiah which will not fit on the Temple mount, but will be built by Him (apparently - will humans help? Only He knows.)when He restores Israel to her entire promised land. Some of these Jews apparently are aware of this and they are waiting for His arrival. Others don't want to wait for Him, and perhaps figure that rebuilding the Temple will hasten His arrival. Regardless, we know it's coming to pass, but not to stay.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

I agree. A temple will be rebuilt which is what triggers the tribulation. Jesus alluded to the fact that Jews will accept the AC as the Messiah (John 5:43). It's only halfway through the trib that they realize who he really is. What Aline Szewkeis says above is really an eye-opener.

TMH, Kindred Sis

The Bible tells us there will be a temple defiled by the AC in the Tribulation. Is this a tent Temple or "building that is built." If it's a building it's not clear that God approved? What do you all think? Do these passages imply God approved?

Good Question, but as far as I know this temple is not approved by
God, but in his omniscience knowing that they are going to do it
and the Angel asking John to measure it, doesn't necessarily mean
approval, but is allowing them to build it in order to fulfill
prophecy. Anyway, that's how I see it.
Also, going back I had read that they have actual structures
all ready to be put together, and that it would only take them
a matter of maybe 6 months to complete. I read this going back
several years ago. Interesting to know.

So it will be like a makeshift temple? I thought that the AC, whom Israel will be deceived by and will think (at first) he is the Messiah will allow them to rebuild the temple. From what I saw, it's all prefabricated and could go up in a time period of 6 months.

Thanks TxThom - that was very helpful!

Whether or not the Temple is looked upon favorably by the Lord or as an Abomination to Him is something I've debated with people for years, not taking a firm stance one way or the other. But looking over this post again it occurred to me that back in the day the Lord's approval of the annual sacrifice was made manifest by the changing of the red ribbon to white. For those who aren't aware, the annual sacrifice involved two sacrificial animals. At least in Jesus' day. The high priest would reach into his breast plate and pull out two stones, one for each animal. Before the cross the right hand one would always be white. (Or black, I can't recall off hand which it was, but it was consistent.) The other would be the other color and this decided which animal would be the Temple sacrifice and which would be released into the wilderness. A Red ribbon would be tied around the neck of the one to be released and a portion of the red ribbon would be kept in the Temple. When God accepted the annual sacrifice for the covering of sin, the red ribbon would turn white in the Temple. Until the cross. After the cross the stones would show up sometimes black in one hand, and sometimes white. The ribbon no longer changed color. The Mennorrah wouldn't stay completely lit, the Temple doors would open by themselves, etc. Orthodox Jews consider this as demonstrating that the priests of Jesus' day were so corrupt that God would not accept sacrifices at their hands. Christians have a different answer, considering that the ultimate sacrifice had been accomplished.

Now for the part that just occurred to me. The sacrifices ceased to be accepted after the Cross, but that this is also the dispensation of Grace. We know from the OT, particularly Ezekiel, that sacrifices will be required throughout the Millennial Reign. The argument that the Temple being rebuilt would be abhorrent to God because we are the Temple of God only really works while the Church is present on the Earth. Once we're gone, there will be a Temple vacuum. I suspect to be filled before the next Passover by a new Temple with sacrifices being offered, since the earth will return to the Age of Law for Daniel's 70th week.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

Re: Should Israel rebuild the Temple? Israelis say 'Yes'

I was reading in Exodus today where the Tabernacle was originally completed 2 weeks before Passover- perhaps that gives us a timing clue. I hope a new one is built so all the kooks will stop saying O's bethlehem visit was the AOD - a stretch much?

TX Thom, excellent post that resonates with me. I had also considered that after Christs death and the Temple destroyed 70 AD that there was no more need for the temple because of the New Covenant as we are the Temple that accept Christ. But, I had NOT considered that after we are gone there will be a Temple void. Great thoughts.

It still doesn't answer if God approves of the Hebrews building the 3rd Temple, but I agree with Mornings tar he surely knows about it from the Revelation verses.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com