Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The King is in the field - the month of Elul, coming soon

The month of Elul was the time that the Israeli Kings would be in the fields of Israel and any Israelite could approach him with their concerns.

From my wife's pastor (and my old pastor):
Sundown August 6 marks the Rosh Chodesh - or the beginning of the Jewish month of ELUL. Elul means "seeking" and Elul is called the "days of preparation" leading up to the upcoming Feast of Trumpets in September. In ancient times, Jews used the month of Elul to prepare for the possibility of the coming of Messiah as her Bridegroom and the advent of the Messianic Kingdom. Therefore ELUL is the month to "seek" and grow closer to the Lord in love. Even the Hebrew letters that make the word “Elul,”( aleph, lamed, vav and lamed), form an acronym for the phrase (from the Song of Songs) ani l’dodi v’dodi li, which means “I am to my beloved and my beloved is to me.” Those who understand what it means to live as the Bride of Christ should also know that this is the time of year when the possibility of our Bridegroom's return is greatest. In the book of Revelation we are told that the "bride has made herself ready." This is an allusion to the preparations that occur in the month of Elul. In the next week, we are enjoined to begin a season of intense prayer and watching. May the Spirit and the Bride say "Come!"

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

Re: The King is in the field - the month of Elul, coming soon

WOWZERS!!!

Great teaching. Time to do a gravity check! Kinda encapsulates John the Baptist' ministry! BEHOLD the Lamb of God!

Love & blessings...Tender Reed

So encouraging TX Thom. I am so intrigued by all of the Old Testament feasts, practices, requirements, etc and how He made it so obvious to them that Jesus was the fulfillment of all of God's promises. Every time I learn something new, I am amazed that they couldn't see it. At what point did God place the scales over their eyes? I believe they have been removed at least for some as many Jewish people are believing in Yeshua. I have a few Messianic friends who are so on fire for The Lord. Question, my one Jewish friend who is a believer has said that she heard that the Jewish believers will be the 144,000 and she therefore would not be raptured.. What do you make of that?

Email: Gwise032@yahoo.com

Wise gal, how did she come to that conclusion and where did she hear that from? Anyone who has accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior and has repented and asked him into their heart is going in the Rapture. We are at the end of the church age but the door isn't closed yet until the sound of the trump and we here the shout and command. She is still in the church age. Those 144,000 most likely don't even know who they are yet. So, her having accepted Jesus means she is part of the church because we are still here. She is neither Jew nor Gentile.

Wise gal, I agree with Shiloh. Our Bridegroom is coming back for His Betrothed, His Bride, the Church. We are His Body because we are one flesh with Him in the new covenant. Jew and Gentile, Free and Slave, Black and White, we're all going to meet Him in our sight. Or something like that. Messianic Jews are part of the Church and He is coming for them. Daniel's 70th week is for the redemption of Israel. Of which the 144,000 Jewish virgins will be the first fruits.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

Not sure where she heard it from. I thought it sounded off. She reads lots of material and is on many forums too.

Email: Gwise032@yahoo.com

my best guess is that the 144,000 are Hebrews who have heard the Gospel but are unsure and have not accepted it - and as when Elijah was raptured Elisha saw him and got a double portion - I think this is what will happen with us and the 144,000 -thoughts?

to clarify, I think when we "disappear" the 144,000 may see us go and it may be our final witness and the catalyst for them to finally understand the Gospel is true.

Thx Tx

Remnant Navi >> "to clarify, I think when we "disappear" the 144,000 may see us go and it may be our final witness and the catalyst for them to finally understand the Gospel is true."

I agree with that Remnant Navi. When the church has gone, those 144,000 will also be witnesses and preach the Gospel. Like I said, I bet they don't even know who they are yet but are fence sitters and have heard the truth of the Gospel but not accepted Jesus as Messiah...yet.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com