Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help! Advice needed

Maybe it's stupid to ask for advice on this matter, but I actually have no one else I can ask. Neither family nor neighbors.

A neighbor (recently moved here) wants to buy a small portion of my property, so he gets easier access to the house with car. He runs a hair salon and have clients who also need easy access.

I have nothing against selling. Area in question is "useless" to me. The problem is that my father (former owner) wanted to build a garage there in his time. Other neighbors did not want the garage there, because they thought it would ruin their view and gave him another place on their property where he could build. This meant that the area became more or less "useless".

I can not discuss this with my brothers, because they will be furious and say that I cannot sell. I guess they only think about inheritance when I die.(?)

(No need to discuss that there most likely would be no inheritance after me, since they are not Christians.)

The other neighbors will probably be not happy if I sell. I do not want to create conflict between anyone. I want to sell because then I get rid of the problem area and get some much needed cash, but I do not have to, but I kind of promised him in a weak moment.
So now I feel trapped and hope that you can help me with what to do. I sure hope that the rapture happens pretty soon

Re: Help! Advice needed

Why don't you just grant him an non-transferable easement? Then you don't have to sell and only he can use the access road (meaning if he sells his house, his house does not come with the rights to the easement). Tell him he can use it as long as he keeps up with the up-keep. That's a win-win situation. But you must be clear that only he has the right to the easement in some written form/document.

Email: ryadon@ymail.com

"I do not want to create conflict between anyone"

You are not creating a conflict. Did you tell the new neighbours you would sell the property to them before they bought their place?
If not then I see no problem to hold onto what's yours.

Email: thessalonians6@bell.net

Yeah, I have to agree with Sparkles on this. It's a win-win if you go that way..and then just look at your brothers and act like Judge Judy. Point to your forehead and say, "DOES IT SAY STUPID ACROSS HERE?!"

Thanks for your advices

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com