Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Christians, lovers & haters...

Indeed as Christians we are to love the Lord alone as the one true creator God, and extend His love to others as we can. But we are also to put on the mind of Christ, and the heart of God the Father. We are to hate sin, evil, wickedness, idolatry, and everything that sets itself up in opposition to the Lord. The world has and will characterize us as haters only, dismissing our love of God. For our creator God has complete dominion over all false Gods, idols, and the hearts of men.

I am a child of God (John 1:12)
I am Christ's friend (John 15:15)
I am an enemy of the devil (1Peter 5:8)

Love & blessings....Tender Reed

Re: Christians, lovers & haters...

Nothing can be truer, TR. Why is it that when we, as Christians stand on the Word of God are considered intolerant? Isn't it actually that those who hate the Word of God are the intolerants? It isn't my word, it's God's Word I stand on. I don't hate anyone. Yet they consider me hateful for having my belief in His Word.

Point is, as Christians we should love what God loves, and hate what God hates.

God hates the deeds of the Nicolations. God hates a proud look and a haughty spirit. God hates witchcraft. God hates idolatry. God hates divorce. etc, etc.

Should we not also?

Love & blessings...Tender Reed

Agreed upon 100%.

I'm not trying to change the topic but I believe it is also possible to love the sinner but hate the sin.

Tender Reed, I read Jude recently as recommended by the other thread and among the things that jumped out at me are the characteristics of the end-time apostasy. False prophets and people who reject God follow:

1. The way of Cain - arrogance, disobedience, I-know-what-I'm-doing attitude
2. The error of Balaam - using God's Name for profit, twisting God's Word
3. The rebellion of Korah - pride, idolatry, denial of God, rebellion against God

These characteristics are more pervasive now in our society. That's why we should always be on guard as Christians, putting on the full armor of God.

Indeed rebellion is as witchcraft which He hates, and homosexuality is an abomination before the Lord. Point is, is how can we call ourselves Christians and not have the mind of Christ and the Father?! These statements and statutes in scripture were given so that we can know the mind and heart of God. And does not the Lord cherish those who follow after the heart of God! We should all be men/women after God's own heart. We are not asked to be theologians or politicians, but lovers of God. To love what He loves and hate what He hates, is the only way to demonstrate our love is genuine. Our weakness aside, we are not to misrepresent God with regards to His heart, His commands, or His will.

Love & blessings...Tender Reed

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com