Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
right before Sodom was destroyed this happened

I was reading of Lot's escape with his family from Sodom in the Book of Genesis . This scenario a comparison to The Rapture of The Church .
The two angels that visited Lot's house blinded the men who came from the city and surrounded Lot's house to molest them .
The men from the city, already spiritually and morally blind, were then physically blinded , so they began groping for the door, but could not find it ...they were lost , they could not find their way. Now spiritually , morally and physically blind . This happened right before the city met with Sudden Destruction .
Isn't that the way of it ? A nation becomes immoral , then dead spiritually and then is given over to a "reprobate mind"(physically blind, blind in everyway ). Not able to see as GOD SEES ! THEN LOST ! THEN DESTROYED ! sounds like the whole world as we see it today .
**** we wonder even so , why people want to end up in this condition when there is GOD who loves them and desires that none should perish .
How does a person get to the place of being reprobate without realizing it ? Little by little ....a few compromises at a time , nothing really big , not listening to The Lord , disagreeing with HIM , not following His Ways , His Word ...then finally one day a crusty heart has taken over the whole man .
That is why Jesus says to ABIDE IN ME . HE knows how men become reprobate ...He warns us to get saved firstly , walk with Him always , stay ever NEAR TO HIM .
SALVATION gives eternal life in Christ Jesus ...while we are here The Holy Spirit keeps us daily . Then when we hear the TRUMPET , we are , in a split second , HOME !
JESUS SAVES ! But there is a world that is ignoring this GIFT of GRACE
to the detriment of their souls . Money cannot save . Riches cannot save . Stocks , bonds , investments will be left here on earth . Not one earthly treasure taken to Heaven .
The PEARL of GREAT PRICE ...CHRIST THE LORD !
Is there anything on earth to compare to the Eternal Life Jesus gives ?
No , nothing !
So the men of Sodom lost everything , they threw their souls away, literally .
This condition exist in the earth today ...men not caring at all for their souls .
It is more than sad , it is a universal tragedy.
bb

Email: bonniebell81@hotmail.com

Re: right before Sodom was destroyed this happened

Amen Bonnie!! God bless you today sis:)

BonBell: Very good comparison, I know it's hard for us to understand,
but I believe people reject God for so long that eventually
their hearts are hardened to the truth. Do those who have
hardened their hearts to this point have a chance for salvation?
They have knowingly rejected God's truth, morally & spiritually
and do not want anything to do with God. I may be wrong
but I believe that God have given them over to a reprobate
mind as the bible says, and they have made the choice (hardened heart).
They like you said are morally & spiritually blind and will
not find the door.

wow, Bon, powerful analogy of today's world and the behavior of the 'blind' ~~

. . the world mocking our Lord and His Truth, choose arrogantly that 'their' wills be done . . and so God gives them over completely to a reprobate mind . . what's more scary than to have God pronounce to souls choosing rebellion: 'go ahead' have your own way' ~~

that was

This is an excellent analogy bonbell, one I hadn't thought of. Thank you for sharing! It was only a few days ago I was watching that episode on the Bible mini series and reading it in the Bible.
In God's infinite love and mercy he also offered to save Lot's wife at the moment of destruction, as they are being led away from the city. But she could not be obedient to one simple command. Do not look back. Her heart was with Sodom and it's sin , not with God and she looked back and turned into a pillar of salt. She chose death over eternal life with Him.

So many lost, so little time left.

I think there will be one more chance given where Jesus attempts to get the attention of those deaf, dumb and with hardened hearts; to reach every man, & woman with a last chance opportunity....that they understand He is the Creator and Redeemer before the final rejection of His gift to them. He paid such a dear price to offer each one created the oportunity to choose for himself who he would follow. When you think of His Creation going to hell for eternity that's a mind boggling choice when He sacrificed Himself to pay the price for their salvation. They are rejecting this free gift for forever. Satan doesn't care about those being deceived but our Lord does. He loves each one and sees how the enemy has so deceived them. It would be just like Him to offer one more chance.

And at such a time we will have the opportunity to bring in more souls to the Kingdom. They will be ripe for listening like never before. Desiring truth like never before. I believe this opportunity will be created with a miracle to really get their attention. Perhaps done during this three days of darkness some believe will happen soon.

If such an event occurred, have you prepared your hearts to know what to say to someone seeking salvation then? Are you ready if such an opportunity came your way? I know Ritans are? But maybe we should consider preparing others also for such a possibility if it comes our way. Are our children ready and able to do so with classmates if questioned? Some things to think about.

Today's environment sure seems like Sodom, doesn't it? Thanks Bonnie for thought provoking glimpses of what could soon happen before our eyes. It does seem like the Lord has been preparing us for such a moment. May it be so and may we rise to the occasion if/when it arises before us!!

Email: victorychanter@raptureintheairnow.com

Thank you Bonnie for such a wonderful post filled with God's TRUTH of what happens to a man's heart when he clearly rejects God. Man not only deteriorates spiritually but in every facet of his or her life. Like you had stated they put their trust in things that are temporary like their stocks, bonds, savings etc.. This world has it all backwards instead of storing their eternal treasures in Heaven they store their temporary treasures on earth where moth and rust can destroy everything. Also, their treasures here on Earth will not save their soul. Only God can save their soul from the pit of destruction if they just call on the name of Jesus and accept the free gift of Salvation. Otherwise, they will spend their eternity in Hell.. Heaven or Hell is a CHOICE. God gives us free will to decide. It is up to that person to decide their fate of where their soul will end up.. Time is running out!

HEAVEN'S DOOR IS OPEN!
TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION!

VICTORY CHANTER, my sis I totally agree with your comments:

And at such a time we will have the opportunity to bring in more souls to the Kingdom. They will be ripe for listening like never before. Desiring truth like never before. I believe this opportunity will be created with a miracle to really get their attention. Perhaps done during this three days of darkness some believe will happen soon.

Bonnie, this post is a wake up call for those that have not received Christ into their hearts.

I pray that the lost souls will heed the advice and CHOOSE LIFE OVER DEATH!

God bless you,
AngelWings7

THANK YOU CHURCH OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST for your wonderful comments here .
God Bless You tonite , friends of The Lord !
Victory Chanter , bless your heart, praying with you for that great opportunity coming when the hardened of heart have one last chance . Amen !
That may be one of RITA's most shinning hours .
Angel Wings7 , Donna , VC ,Melissa, Morningstar , all , thank you for your ever faithful witness to His Glory ....tender hearts !
Then I must conclude here : YES THERE WAS one difference in the "time of SODOM" , and today ....JESUS had not come yet . But Jesus came 2000+ years ago , and yes until that very last moment there is a chance !
JESUS SAVES !!
BIG HUGS , love , bonbell

P.S. ......
just thinking about this ...sometimes salvation can only come one way to some people , it is just the only way they will wake up ....a great tragedy .
I believe GOD uses tragedy especially as a last resort .
And how short this life is ,anything that will bring people into Christ Jesus is worth the event or events .
The Lord would rather all come in JOY! and sunlight I think , but if that cannot be , then ......

AW7 ~~ love this picture you posted and all it says~

Hi Donna my dear sis,

So glad that the picture blessed you today.. Please make a copy of it and save it in your wonderful picture folder so you can use it in the future for your posts. I love all your pictures too my dear sis...

Sis, you have a gift of touching our hearts with your lovely and moving pictures of our Lord and the special messages that they bring to the Bride of Christ and to those that need Salvation.

God bless you sis,
Love and Hugs your way,
AngelWings7

Great posts on this thread!

Noah was told to "come in" (the ark)

Lot was told to "come out" (of Sodom)

The church will be told to "come up" (out of the world)

Come in, come out, come up.

Excellent , Come in , Come out , COME UP !
Thanks Sis ....see you soon In The Air !
love , bon

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com