Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
scoffing spouse

Does anyone deal with an unbelieving spouse?I was mentioning the rapture tonight and how I would get a new ressurected body...the subject came up because I was tired and he was complaining that Im getting old(LOL)and I said"dont worry I will be raptured soon and get a new body"...he then started scoffing saying the rapture was not going to happen soon and I think im so special because I am going to be raptured.etc etc...really hostile and nasty.This is what I deal with
on a regular basis with my husband.I feel sad that he cannot see the Lord's coming is soon.Anyone else dealing with this?

Re: scoffing spouse

I know where u are coming from. This morning my husband said to me " I don't care" over again about church or being christian and he said "ur prayers for me meant nothing and I don't care about ur prayers etc" he said all I do care about my brother and his wife. And our children. I just sat and say nothing about it.

FunkyMom I guess Im not alone...I think it is spiritual attacks and I guess I have to remember that we do not wrestle against flesh and blood but spiritual forces.My husband was saved years ago but I dont quite understand why he acts the way he does.My spouse someitmes he says he doesnt care about being a Christian too ...Dont worry dear sister...it wont be long now till the Lord comes.

Dear Rosesinsept,
I am so sorry to hear about what you have had to endure lately in your home.

The enemy is on full force in attacking spouses and families. We need to fight back with the Word of God...

I will keep you in fervent prayer my dear sister that your beloved husband will come back to the Lord and worship him like he used to.

There is nothing impossible with God and prayer is a powerful tool.
Hang in there my sweet sis, our time here is short and we will be home soon to our Father in Heaven..

God bless you,
AngelWings7

thank you dear sister Angelwings for your prayers for my family.Many hugs!
 photo havasu_falls_arizona-normal_zps929389ba.jpg

ROSESINSEPT,

What a breathtaking picture it is so beautiful!!!!!!
Thank you so much for posting it for us.
Many Hugs your way also my sweet sis...
Love, AngelWings7

JESUS IS COMING!!!!!

Oh Roses, yes, I have been there in my past, it is so incredibly hard, heartbreaking and for lack of a better word, AWFUL. I'm praying my dear sister, I understand and please know that the image below is the prayer that I am going to be praying for your hubby.

I have insomnia, which most think is awful but the glorious thing of that is it gives me a ton more time to pray for everyone on RITA, no joke!! I'm just praying up a storm because I realize how much everyone is hurting.

Please know this is what I'm praying really hard for your hubby Roses. The first part I know is already there, it is the second part that I'm praying for you. I pray that he becomes so in love with you again, that he is willing to go looking for you.

Thank you Rua and Angelwings and all who have prayed for me and my family.Yes,He is coming!
 photo candy_sky_zps60c25846.jpg

Praying for you and him. :hugs:

I'm not married [I don't have a boyfriend ether] but I do have a lot of unbelieving relatives [very thankful He's working on my parents]. My uncle Lewis is especially hardened. I honestly think he is the most hardened one I have seen in my family in my walk with Christ. He thinks being born again is a cult and was upset one of the relatives became born again. He hoped another relative wouldn't get influenced by that person and become born again. And another time he came [he only came 2 times last year] he told us his sister [yes she knows Christ] warned him you have to make sure you're saved so you don't go to Hell. He was very upset telling us "You just can't tell people they're going to Hell!" Honestly, I kept my mouth shut because he scared me. I can't handle one person yelling [because of my nervous system problem] let along say something that causes my parents to get mad,Lewis and uncle Jerry [he was there too] to start arguing. I feel like if I would have said anything to him it'd be like casting pearls to swine. That is how much hate and anger I felt from him.

I don't know what it's like with an unbelieving husband or even boyfriend but I can sympathize when it comes to it just being someone you know.

MRIC, I find unbelievers that get freaked over going to hell a little ironic.

If there was absolutely no belief of the Truth in their soul, then it shouldn't bother him to hear the word hell.

I find this encouraging that it upsets him that he might go there when the truth is laid out in front him. Keep praying for him, it is a good sign my lil sis.

RosesinSept>>> "...and he was complaining that Im getting old.."

Hey, I am very blessed my husband is a believer, reads the Word, talks about the Lord a lot. But if he would have said that to me, I would have said, "Well you're not exactly a Spring chicken either, mister." But that's just me. LOL.

Tuzki Bunny Emoticon

I have an unbelieving spouse as well. The sad thing is when we married, we were both "believers". But recently (in March) he admitted he's agnostic. I've run the gamut of emotions. I felt duped, because I was looking for a Christian husband and now I'm yoked with an unbeliever.

This has presented me with an interesting dilemma. Was he originally saved? Or was he only courting Jesus and never committed?

If he was originally saved, then I believe the Lord WILL chasten him to return, there's a few verses of Scripture that allude to that. But it could be he thought he was Christian but wasn't -- this is what I believe the seed falling on rocky soil is all about -- receiving the Word with joy, then withering because they had no root.

It all sounds good until you ask them to endure. 1 John 2:19 says, "They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us."

So someone who becomes a Christian and remains a Christian with faith in Christ belongs to Him. But those who were of the brethren but left and never came back were not truly of the faith. The trouble is only God knows the difference between someone who's backslidden and someone who never belonged to Him in the first place.

My hubby is very adamant when I try to explain doctrine to him and he becomes very condescending saying, "I like how you explain this to me as if I don't already know it. I used to believe, remember?!"

This is where the verses in Hebrews 6:4-6 really drives it home for me: "It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace."

This passage has been hotly contended among believers that it says you can fall away from Christ. It's generally used to oppose OSAS. But in reality, it's for scenarios like my husband, who was "of the brethren" but left and never returned. Now, we cannot "return him to repentance" because he's already heard the message and rejected it in his heart.

Therefore, if he truly was a child of God, my only hope now is for the Holy Spirit to chasten him, because only by His work in my husband's heart can he return to Christ at this point. Nothing I say to witness to him will ever bring him back to repentance.

~~Becka

Email: rebeccagoings@gmail.com

Shiloh,
Lol Just saw your message! I would love to say that to my husband but he is way younger than me.Funny thing is if he is tired from working all day its normal but if im tired and not energetic that means Im getting old even though Im working just as hard as him!Anyway LOL...Hugs to you!
Roses

Becka also I know what you are going through.Stay in prayer for him.God bless!

photo wine-and-roses-sandra-selle-rodriguez_zpse2ce4dec.jpg

Becka,
I didnt have much time to post earlier...Im sorry about your husband.It just makes you wonder if they have ever been "born again".I do believe that in the last days(now)is when we will see a divide between who is really a believer and who isnt.My husband sometimes makes statements that he is an unbeliever.He wants to live more for the here and now and this used to be a man that at times in his life has evangelized,and has worshipped and served God,He even pays tithes to a church that he does not go to.I will have both of our husbands on my prayer list.
Roses

Becka,

I am not alone as well, it is similar with me and my husband. he was christian and being pastor for 10 years. but now he is not. so I just trust in Lord that God is working in my husband's life. as I have to keep praying no matter what. I didnt know you have unbeliever spouse. when i read it last night and realized that i am not alone. thank you for sharing with me becka.

funkymom12

Thank you, Roses and Funkymom. I've decided to "go to war" for my husband's soul and trust Christ to do His will in hubby's life. Through all the study I've done, one re-occuring theme keeps popping up -- God breaks people before He can rebuild them.

In other words, He deliberately breaks one's pride before they can willingly submit to Him. And He does this in many painful ways.

I don't know what it will take to "break" my husband, but I've surrendered even my own life if that means he will seek God as a result. At the risk of sounding vain, I'm the only strong Christian I know in real life. I know lots online, but in real life, not so much. With the exception of perhaps my sister, I'm the only one who knows what I know about God in my circle of friends, because I put the time and effort into studying Him. He is my passion.

Therefore, I have scads of books, scribbled notes in my Bible, eBooks galore, my FB, my blog... and I often wonder about that Scripture talking about "unless a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone. But if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit." ~John 12:24

I am alone in my life, alone in what I believe. I admit I've had those thoughts if I passed away, what would become of those around me? Would they come to Christ? So I've prayed that prayer, "God do what You will, so that whether in life or in death, I might glorify You." (Philippians 1:20).

It's a heavy prayer. Don't pray it unless you mean it. Just in case God takes me at my word, I've written final letters to my children and hubby. It's kind of morbid to think about. But I want to be prepared for that option. God might well take me out to break my husband's pride.

Anyway, this thread just got depressing. lol It just makes me jumpy to look around and see that I'm the only one praising Him in my immediate circles. No one listens to me, I'm just "Becka, with her God stuff again." So I often wonder, "Okay, God, how are You going to use my life to reach these people?" Then I see that Bible verse I quoted above and keep it open as a possibility.

I will pray for your husbands as well.

~~Becka

becka,

i agreed with you. i have been praying for my husband since he left ministry and left God since 2007 and i didnt give up praying for him. even though it is hard going through this but I am willing do what God wants me to do. i went through mocking, verbal abusive etc and even he tried to stop me going to church but i kept going to church. even he threated me before but nothing can stop me keeping hold on to Jesus. nothing can stop me to pray for him. even he asked me to stop praying for him. I told him I wont stop. as I know God will bring him back as Lord has shown me before that happened. and I put my faith in Him and I know God is working in my husband's life. did i tell you that recently on our wedding anniversary last month, my husband bought me a bible for our 20th wedding anniversary. so I am not giving up praying for him. and praying for my children everyday. even though it grieving me alot to watch them but I keep hold on to Jesus. also I already wrote some letters in my black notebook for him. so I trust in God whatever God has plans for me. If He decide to take me home soon, I trust that God will have something better plan for my husband and my children. as I do believe that Jesus Christ is coming back very soon.

Becka, I encourage you to hang on and trust in Him that God will have wonderful plans for your husband. I thank God for you being a wonderful wife for your husband. even though it is hard. Thank You Jesus to give me a sister like becka and rose in slept that we are going through the same thing. thank you Jesus that we are able to lift and encourage one other.

fm 12

Hey sisters - I remember reading this a few days ago and I had to go back and find it and bump it up again...cause I am in the same boat with all you girls. My husband is a scoffer too and he actually called me "stupid" the other day. He said "he hates that I've gotten so stupid" because this is where my focus is now, watching for the Lord's return. He says I'll be here after he's dead and gone, you know, that kind of thing. I have gotten numb to it now over the past few years.... and I'm still praying for him because I know he just doesn't have a clue and he's too stubborn to believe anything I try to tell him. His family members are Christians but don't particularly believe the Rapture is due anytime, or at least they never talk about it. Sometimes I think if just one of them were to talk to him about it, he would believe more and take it to heart. But because it's me he turns a deaf ear and says he doesn't want to be like me, which makes me feel that I'm not setting the example I should be showing him, as the Bible says will change a person more than anything. So I feel inadequate in that.... and he thinks I've gotten stupid. It's hurtful and tough living like this from day to day so I just wanted you girls to know there is another sis whose got a scoffer of a husband and can be downright sarcastic about it too.

Please come take us Home Dear Jesus....

Shirley,
Dear sister my heart is with you.My husband calls me a fanatic lately...he says he is a believer but you can read the unbelief in his words and comments.It really isnt easy being scoffed at but keep looking up!Hugs to you sister....we are all going through similar trials.
 photo 6a00d83451721d69e200e54f315cad8833-_zps106fcfac.jpg

Thank you Roses in September - I appreciate your kind response and beautiful rose. It makes it a little easier knowing I have this in common with a few other sisters at least. I believe once we're Raptured he will be one of those who WILL BELIEVE, but sadly he'll have to suffer what may come. Thank you sis and we just have to hang in there. It truly can't be long now...

Shirley,
Hi sister.You know... I hope our husbands don't get left behind.I believe my husband is saved but he isn't exactly "watching"for the Lord.Maybe they do not have any discernment over the signs of the times so they don't realize the urgency right now.I guess we need to pray for them more each day.God bless!

If someone in my family was having trouble believing because they are the 'unless i put my hand in the wounds' type of person, you might want to try getting them to watch the History Channels 'The Real Face of Jesus' documentary. Ordinarily i would shy away from a HC program, but this one was actually very well done, despite a brief reference to "gnostic Christians". The science of what they discovered will be hard to dismiss i think.

Here is a youtube link, and you can even download the program if you are computer savvy and watch it on your DVD if you burn it as a DVD video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJPJ4JwHeE

Youtube download site. Use 'download by URL'
http://keep-tube.com/

Roses in Sept. - I really hope you're right. The scriptures I keep hoping and praying on is "you and your household shall be saved" and "a believing spouse sanctifies the other" .

Zophim - I wish I could get him to sit down and watch something about Jesus but he just won't. He's always busy working outside, and he does watch the History Channel at times, but always turns it if it's religious oriented. Thank you for the link though and I will watch it myself and try telling him about it. (wish me luck for an open ear). He's a hard one to get through to.

Husbands, love your wives, and do not be bitter - harsh - with them. Col 3

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. Eph 5

Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers. 1Pet 3

Fear not, for you will not be put to shame; And do not feel humiliated, for you will not be disgraced; But you will forget the shame of your youth, And the reproach of your widowhood you will remember no more. "For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the LORD of hosts; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the God of all the earth. "For the LORD has called you, Like a wife forsaken and grieved in spirit, Even like a wife of one's youth when she is rejected," Says your God.…Is 54

It is just so sad and heartbreaking that so many marriages fall so short of God's best for both husband and wife! Personalize Is 54 to yourselves, and know that God is your Husband Who wants you to know the depth of His love for you! Hold on to and trust that God cherishes you, and prayerfully, that He will soon restore and renew your earthly husbands hearts to Him!

Hugs, Rocki

Dear Becka,
I am concerned. I did not go back and read the scripture you cited to get the meaning of the verse in context, (and I know you know much more than I), but was it meant literally or figuratively as in, "take up your cross daily"?

Does God, the Author of Life, take away life?
I did not think He actively took life away from a person.
I know if we take our own life it is a sin that we commit (I know that's not what you're talking about).
Does God not keep His own commandments?

Maybe I just don't understand.
I only know that when I read that, I felt something in my spirit that disturbed me.

Website: Check out this video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopzID7EltI&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sent from my iPhone

Rocki - I love those scriptures, they really tug at my heart when I read them.

Thank you for posting them..(hugs)

I'm so glad to hear that and hugs back Shirley!

Patti Day, God has ordained all of our lives before the foundation of the world. Before He made a single star, He knew the length of my life (or any of our lives). But God can use our death for His glory if He so chooses. That is the essence of the Scripture I quoted, "Unless a corn of wheat die it abideth alone, but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit." (John 12:24)

In life, someone who is very spiritual is usually ignored, especially by those of their own household. (A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown ~Matthew 13:57) Their sphere of influence is limited. Even Christ's influence was limited in life.

However, if that prophet dies, their legacy takes over, and their memory becomes "bigger" than their life. Again, Christ is a great example (although our Lord is alive and well.) Keith Green is another awesome example. Had some success as a Christian musician, but his music hit the stratosphere after his tragic death. Charles Spurgeon, while very successful in life, was very much a depressed loner in life. Yet after his death (at only 57), God has used his ministry in a mighty way, reaching people even today, well over 150 years later.

The idea is that these people are "loners and outcasts" in their own spheres of influence, yet when they die, people realize the void they filled, the light they shined, the love in their hearts. That's why their legacy lives on. Right now, no one I know really thinks much about what I do. I post Jesus stuff every now and again. Great. Good for me.

Yet if I died, the ministry of my life would be examined more deeply. My private prayer journals would be read. My Bible notes would be read. My highlighted books on the shelf would be scrutinized. My internet history would be discovered on my laptop. The pictures I have saved on my computer would be looked at. What I consider private right now would be out in the open after my passing. And when that happens, a deeper fruit can be achieved with those in my immediate circles, because there will be NO MORE of those things discovered ever again. Because I am gone, they will be cherished more, pored over more, pondered more.

It's the legacy I leave behind. When people remember me, I want them to remember HIM. "Oh Becka? Yeah, she was an awesome soccer mom." NO! "Becka was an amazing woman of God!"

That's what I want people to remember the most; the witness of my life, the work I left behind, and the God I adored. When your heart is grieving and you're pondering the Holy Spirit, that's when He can work to get past your pride and touch your heart. That's what it means for God to be glorified by my life OR by my death. He can use our passing for His glory to reach even more souls for Christ.

I hope that cleared it up for you a bit, Patti! If the greater good is glory to God and more souls won, then yes, I do believe God would call a believer home to do so. But that's not "killing" that believer, it is granting them life eternal, purchased by Christ on the cross. He's not the God of the dead, but the God of the living!

~~Becka

Dear Becka,

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

I hope that I did not sound as if I was being disrespectful. I wasn't. I was trying to understand your interpretation of Scripture, and I thank you for responding.

Your level of knowledge is so far above mine that I still can't quite grasp how those scriptures are rightfully divided, but I thank you again for taking the time to try to explain and teach me.

I guess I need to "grow up" a little more in Christ before I can truly understand.

Bless you!
Patti

Website: Check out this video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopzID7EltI&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sent from my iPhone

Patti, if you want to learn more, simply ask Him to teach you. :) If you come to Him with an open and willing heart, He will do mighty things, exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think! (Ephesians 3:20)

The key to understanding Scripture is to pray before we read it. Asking God to open our eyes to its mysteries. The Holy Spirit inspired and wrote it after all. If He is living within our hearts, He will open our eyes to the Truth of the Word if we ask Him to do so.

Another key to understanding Scripture and having wisdom over your life is PRAYING Scripture over your life. Not a lot of people think to do this, but it is essential for knowing the will of God, and Apostle John told us if we pray according to God's will, we have what we asked of Him (1 John 5:14-15).

Prayer and Scripture are two sides of the same coin. We cannot understand Scripture without prayer, and we cannot know how to pray without studying Scripture. They're woven together, like knit 1, pearl 2. Like the warp and the woof. Reading the Bible without prayer is nothing more than an academic pursuit, and praying without Scripture is like talking to God in the dark. We pray to talk to God, and we read Scripture to hear God talk to us.

If you TRULY want to learn the Bible and its mysteries, pray Psalm 119 over your life. Just open up your Bible, go somewhere private to pray, and read it out loud, with the intention of God giving YOU the promises the psalmist spoke of. Ask Him to increase your love of the Word (which will also increase your love for Christ, because He, too, is the WORD).

We can be confident that God wills each of His children to know Him, love Him, and study His Word. So if we pray in that direction, He hears us and we will be taught personally by the Holy Spirit.

~~Becka

Thank you very much Becka for taking the time to teach me. I appreciate it very much. I knew some of it, but it has never been explained to me in a way that I could understand so easily.
Bless you, Becka!
Patti : )

I love you Becka

Email: Yeshuachild@hotmail.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com