Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Risks and Rescue

1 I commend to you Phoebe, our sister, who is a servant of the assembly that is at Cenchreae, 2 that you receive her in the Lord, in a way worthy of the holy ones, and that you assist her in whatever matter she may need from you, for she herself also has been a helper of many, and of my own self.

3 Greet Prisca and Aquila, my fellow workers in Messiah Yeshua, 4 who for my life, laid down their own necks; to whom not only I give thanks, but also all the assemblies of the Goyim.

5 Greet the assembly that is in their house. Greet Epaenetus, my beloved, who is the first fruits of Achaia to Messiah.

6 Greet Miryam, who labored much for us.

7 Greet Andronicus and Junias, my relatives and my fellow prisoners, who are notable among the apostles, who also were in Messiah before me. (Romans 16:1-7 HNV)

On September 7, 1838, Grace Darling, the daughter of an English lighthouse keeper, spotted a shipwreck and survivors offshore. Together, she and her father courageously rowed their boat a mile through rough waters to rescue several people. Grace became a legend for her compassionate heart and steady hand in risking her life to rescue others.

The apostle Paul tells us of another man and woman team who took risks to rescue others. He wrote about Priscilla and Aquila, his fellow workers in Christ, who “risked their own necks for my life, to whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles” (Rom. 16:3-4).

We are not told exactly what “risk” Paul was referring to, but with beatings, imprisonment, shipwrecks, and threats of death so common to Paul’s ministry, it’s not hard to see how this couple could have put themselves in harm’s way to help their friend. Apparently, Paul’s rescue was more important to them than their own safety.

Rescuing others—whether from physical or spiritual danger—often carries a risk. But when we take a risk by reaching out to others, we reflect the heart of our Savior who gave up so much for us.

The hand of God protects our way
When we would do His will;
And even when we take a risk,
We know He’s with us still. —D. DeHaan

When you’ve been rescued, you’ll want to rescue others.

Risks and Rescue
"Fair Use For Educational or Discussion Purposes"

Email: jonathan@raptureintheairnow.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com