Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Real Deal

1 Now I declare to you, brothers, the Good News which I preached to you, which also you received, in which you also stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold firmly the word which I preached to you -- unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Messiah died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Kefa, then to the twelve. 6 Then he appeared to over five hundred brothers at once, most of whom remain until now, but some have also fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to Ya`akov, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all, as to the child born at the wrong time, he appeared to me also.

9 For I am the least of the apostles, who is not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the assembly of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am. His grace which was bestowed on me was not futile, but I worked more than all of them; yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Whether then it is I or they, so we preach, and so you believed.

12 Now if Messiah is preached, that he has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, neither has Messiah been raised. 14 If Messiah has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain, and your faith also is in vain. 15 Yes, we are found false witnesses of God, because we testified about God that he raised up Messiah, whom he didn't raise up, if it is so that the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead aren't raised, neither has Messiah been raised. 17 If Messiah has not been raised, your faith is vain; you are still in your sins. 18 Then they also who are fallen asleep in Messiah have perished. 19 If we have only hoped in Messiah in this life, we are of all men most pitiable.

20 But now Messiah has been raised from the dead. He became the first fruits of those who are asleep. 21 For since death came by man, the resurrection of the dead also came by man. (1 Corinthians 15:1-21 HNV)

Sometimes cleaning out Grandpa’s attic pays off. For an Ohio man, it paid off in the discovery of a more than 100-year-old set of mint-condition baseball cards. Appraisers placed the cards’ value at $3 million.

One key to the high value of those cards was the fact that they were well-preserved. But beyond that, the true worth of the cards rested in the fact that they were authentic. If they had been fakes or counterfeits—no matter how good they looked—they wouldn’t have been worth the cardboard they were printed on.

The apostle Paul had something similar to say about Christianity. He said that our faith would be completely worthless and counterfeit if Jesus’ resurrection were not the real deal. It took bravery and confidence in God’s plan for Paul to say, “If Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty” (1 Cor. 15:14) and “If Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!” (v.17).

The Christian faith rests on the authenticity of this story: Jesus died on the cross and was raised from the dead. Praise God for the clear evidence of Jesus’ death and resurrection [vv.3-8]. It’s the real deal, and we can stake our eternity and our total dependence on God on its truth.

Lord, we’re eternally thankful for the truth
confirmed in Your Word and in our hearts that
You died and rose again for us. We love You, Lord,
and lift our voices in praise!

God is the only true God.

The Real Deal
"Fair Use For Educational or Discussion Purposes"

Email: jonathan@raptureintheairnow.com

Re: The Real Deal

Thank you, Jonathan : )

Website: Check out this video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopzID7EltI&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sent from my iPhone

Yes, thank you Jonathan - Thank God for The Real Deal, Amen? (when everything around us seems fake)...

The apostle Paul referring to himself as an abortion... guess he wasn't feeling too puffed up with pride.

Servant! What???

Email: Yeshuachild@hotmail.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com