Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Obama delays Syria strike

Obama delays Syria strike indefinitely by turning decision over to Congress.

I’m a bit confused here. Obama says a strike could happen any time after he says that he want a discussion in Congress first. The US House Speaker says the discussions will start September 9. What?

http://debka.com/article/23243/Obama-delays-Syria-strike-indefinitely-by-turning-decision-over-to-Congress-

Re: Obama delays Syria strike

"Tomorrow, next week, next month," or likely never. He doesn't have the backing to proceed and so he's backing down. The Pentagon doesn't have the money in the budget because of the sequestration, and Congress is not likely to give its approval. So the only thing he can do now is leave it up to a vote when they return; not even most members of his own party are willing to go down this route.

hmmm. . . wonder what this means, too?
http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/israel-to-face-irans-wrath-if-u-s-attacks-syria-could-middle-east-be-engulfed-in-apocalyptic-conflict/

Iranian Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Abbas Araghchi solidified Iran’s stance under Hassan Rowhani’s presidency by emphasizing that Iran is resolved and determined to defend Syria and Assad’s apparatuses. Araghchi stated in a news conference in Tehran: “We want to strongly warn against any military attack in Syria. There will definitely be perilous consequences for the region,” adding, “these complications and consequences will not be restricted to Syria. It will engulf the whole region.” –Al Arabiya

and the Lord says: The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap. . " Isaiah 17

. . "In a short speech just a few moments ago Obama announced he will seek congressional authority on attacking Syria even though he believes he has the authority to go ahead with strike.

But Charles *****hammer said that it was astonishing the lack of urgency he displayed, suggesting he could carry out this attack in the next week or the next month. “This is amateur hour,” *****hammer said, and if you were sitting in Syria, Iraq, or Moscow watching this speech, then it looked like Obama was looking for a way out of striking Syria after he had boxed himself in" .
http://therightscoop.com/amateur-hour-*****hammer-obama-boxed-himself-in-and-now-hes-looking-for-a-way-out-of-attacking-syria/

Does that mean there will be no attack on Damascus at all? I’m thinking about Damascus becoming a ruinous heap. Maybe they manage that themselves?

Here's what runs through my mind.... suppose Israel with their excellent intelligence abilities let the U.S. know it WAS Assad's orders that caused the chem weapons and all the innocents killed. And the U.S. could not let the world know that it came from Israel (including the U.S. citizens) cause then the whole world would know, and Israel then would really be in hot water with the Middle East neighbors. They would be blamed for us hitting Syria and that's why they were so prepared with gas masks, etc. Cause they KNEW it was from Assad and that we would probably strike (pinprick)Syria because of that intel.

Now it looks as if Israel is going to have to go it alone with everything. And maybe they will be the ones to take out Damascus in the worst way which means it will be a city no more.

I feel so bad that Israel can't have any faith in us anymore. They seem to be alone in this world now. Prayers for Israel and the Peace of Jerusalem.

You just don't know what's going on within our own government. (nothing good it seems).

It's all politics with O. I think he's now scrambling to figure out a way to blame it all on the republicans, whatever the out come might be. If congress approves the start of WW3 and it all goes south, then it will be congress' fault. If congress votes it's down, it will be the fault of the "do nothing" congress....

And I'll say again, that if O hadn't run his mouth, we wouldn't be in this pickle now.

Remember the Red line of death?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYA_HJZqHN8&feature=player_embedded

Are you surprised, he has no credibility, and I think a little birdie must been chirping "impeachment" try it if you like...

I wonder how this affects RH on September 4-5, 2013, is it a kobash on that theory? I also saw something on YouTube about September 9, 2013. Will need to head there soon. I like Charles *****hammer and his take on this.

They like to start these attacks on the new moon also, when it's darkest. I guess that's Thursday.

This was quite the change of course. During his speech he seemed really intent on going forward with the strike, up until the point where he said that he also had decided to debate it with the Congress first. Lol, I was like "Wait, what?".

To be honest, though, now it does seem like he's been stalling having to make a move, and the reasons David R mentioned above make sense to me.

I have no idea how Damascus will cease to be, but this has to be the time. I mean, come on. Things are too lined up to just go back to being the same old, same old. At this point we can just trust in the Lord and what He has planned.

I have no idea how Damascus will cease to be, but this has to be the time. I mean, come on. Things are too lined up to just go back to being the same old, same old. At this point we can just trust in the Lord and what He has planned.

Well, with all of O's incompetence now plainly displayed on the table for all of the world to see... maybe Syria, Hezbollah, or even Iran, are feeling pretty 'skippy' now. Maybe they will feel confident enough now, to attack Israel without the excuse of it being 'retaliation', because the of the U.S. "punishing" Syria?

As you say, things seem to be too lined up to go back. It's amazing to me how the Lord moves the chess pieces. Never anything that we expect.

I think Morningstar is right on this. She doesn't see an attack, which in turn will leave Israel on their own. Either way, the U.S. will become a non-factor.

I heard them on the Fox channel little while ago saying with all the time lapse now going on, Assad has plenty of time to move his weapons, chemical weapons, etc. into civilian regions. How can anyone hit them strategically then without killing many many civilians, more children included?

It's almost as if the only way to take care of this IS to do the unthinkable and end Damascus once and for all. By whom? Not us I can guarantee that. It may have to be Israel if she feels threatened. God only knows.... but things sure are lining up. Wow!

I agree with you Chris. Whether the US carried through with the attacks or not, Israel was in a bad spot. Now instead of seen as having a strong ally, even though US was losing in that regard, it is definite now that she stands alone. I think Israel needs to keep their guard up and their domes in place. O has gone back and forth so many times he could change his mind and decide to go ahead without congress.

This is an interesting twist...this is how I feel it may go:

Obama noticing that people are not buying this reason to go into Syria they need to go to plan B

Plan B is to go in and perhaps cause another false flag event this week to help speed things up and cause people to have reason to get in there now before Assad does something else! Twisting it in favor of Obama's decision to react immediately.

I can not see this waiting until that week. They have navy ships and war planes out there right now, as Obama put if he says the word they are there to do it.
and I would believe that every day that goes by in delay = more money coming out of the already tight budget to attack. And honestly if they don't head in while the iron's hot, they're going to cause other nations to lose the pull and it may just become forgotten or pushed aside...

Obama admin can not afford this to be pushed aside at this point, this has to go forward to save face, save money and cause the necessary tragedy they need to move forward with there agenda :S Evil world..

This is just my take and I believe Rosh hashana still stands strong as our take off point..don't lose heart

http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/middle-east-north-africa/319821-reid-senate-to-hold-hearings-on-syria-next-week

the way Reid puts it, they're not going to look at the evidence, that's not even the issue.

hearings start on tuesday

I agree, Chris. It sure is amazing how the Lord moves the chess pieces.

Regardless of what happens and when it happens, I sure hope we are going Home soon.

Hi All, Had to get the password. I think there will be another chemical attack and regardless of who does it something will give. The Palestinians want this war so even if they have to gas their own people to get the US to pull the trigger they will. With all the technology today there has to be a way for congress to vote even if they are not in DC( at least I should think so).

You know, I think he did this because he knows Congress will not okay it, so then he doesn't have to go through with his "red line" stance. It really reminds me of those Warner Brothers cartoon where Bugs Bunny or Daffy Ducks says "Okay, if you cross this line, this line, this line..."

And now America has no credibility in the world if he doesn't or Congress says no.

Here you go Goldeknight

Very funny

Well folks, the hearings starts this Tuesday, and according to the hill article above, they'll be voting on it by the 9th, not starting the ninth. Also, from Fox, Obama is going to do this no matter what, he just wants Congress to speak so that he can get there backing.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/01/obama-leaving-door-open-to-syria-strike-even-if-congress-votes-no/

I thought the last 2 videos from eternalrhythmflow about Damascus were really interesting

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC01LQqj9YtMTsSa4dxMHLdQ

Thank you Servant, gonna watch these some time today. Love Scottie's you tube videos.

The fact that hostilities are cooling down has no baring on our departure on RH. The rapture could well be a trigger point that sets it all off.... not to mention the fact that 'when they say peace and safety' ...

what IF O goes it alone strategically striking Syria, and is successful ~~ will O be worshiped and praised by the whole world? Will Israel be pleased O came to the 'rescue' ~~ will it be the start of the 7 year peace plan?

Paul Begley reported a bit earlier that Syria is now talking about making pre-emptive (is that how you spell that?) strikes on US bases. He may not have to do anything and still get involved.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com