Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Sound of the Shofar: Freedom!

Seemed a good day to share a teaching of Shofars

The Shofar (the ram’s horn blown on the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashana) was used as a clarion call at specific moments throughout the Bible. One of the prominent places the Shofar appears is to alert Israel to the Jubilee Year: “You shall count for yourself seven cycles of sabbatical years… and you shall sound a broken blast of the Shofar, in the seventh month on the tenth of the month, on the Day of Atonement you shall sound the Shofar throughout your land. You shall sanctify the fiftieth year and proclaim freedom throughout the land for all its inhabitants. It shall be the Jubilee year for you, you shall return each man to his ancestral heritage and you shall return each man to his family.” Leviticus (25:8-10)
Once every forty-nine years, on the tenth day of the seventh month, Shofars were to be blown everywhere in the Land of Israel. The fiftieth year is considered a year that is sacred, a time of freedom and celebration as all property reverted back to its original owner and slaves were set free. But what is the deeper connection between the sound of the Shofar and the call to freedom?
In order to answer that question, we must take a step back. As humans, we distinguish ourselves from animals through our ability to speak. But before we even open our mouths, we use forethought as we begin stringing words together to express thoughts, ideas and observations and craft sentences that have meaning and purpose. However, because we think first, human speech is somewhat removed from our very deepest thoughts and emotions. We often craft our words in such a way that they no longer accurately express what lies deep within to protect ourselves from vulnerable exposure.

This captured the collective cry of all Jews and supporters of Israel throughout the world who longed for this moment for over 2,000 years.
There is one form of communication that comes from a place so deep within our souls that words cannot easily manipulate or control. Crying bursts forth involuntarily when we are touched to the very core of our being as a result of shock, tragedy or joy. Crying is the primal voice of the soul that bursts through to the surface.
The sound of the Shofar represents the human cry. Each note signifies a different emotion and the Shofar is meant to penetrate the deep recesses of a person’s soul and spiritually express the thoughts and feelings that words alone cannot describe.
What is it about the sound of the Shofar that elicits such a response? One of the basic concepts of Judaism is that the inner will of every soul is to connect with God in the deepest way possible. This desire does not always manifest itself readily because of a wall of resistance created by the evil inclination that inhibits the heart from breaking through. It is the blast of the Shofar that breaks down this wall. Like the fortifications surrounding Jericho, the Shofar cuts through all obstructions and frees us to do what is truly in our hearts – to love and connect with God. That freedom is fully expressed on Rosh Hashana, the day in which we are so acutely aware of our inner selves that no power or force can interfere with.
There is therefore no more appropriate way to announce the Jubilee Year, when all slaves were released, than with the clarion call of the Shofar. The instrument which liberates our soul from its shackles each year on Rosh Hashana has an unparalleled ability to inspire and is therefore the perfect way to “proclaim freedom throughout the land for all its inhabitants.”
by Rabbi Tuly Weisz

fair use for educational and discussion purposes
http://unitedwithisrael.org/the-sound-of-the-shofar-freedom/

I found this article to be an interesting read from a rabbinical viewpoint. And yet I look forward to a person to liberate my soul from its shackles of sin, not an instrument. Rabbi's are so good at understanding history without "getting" His Story. For a little while longer, at least.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

Re: The Sound of the Shofar: Freedom!

Amen TXthom I'm with you on that! Thanks for sharing about the Shofar very interesting read.

Is it the Shofar that some people are associating with RH and the Rapture or is it the trump? From what I've read they are different. The first trump was blown in Exodus and the last is at the Rapture.

"in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed." (1 Corinthians 15:52)

Here is just one source of many:

What Is 'The Trump of God?'

Shall the Bridegroom come for his Bride with a trump of JUDGMENT???
Of course not!

There are more than one kind of Trumpets.
The Trumps of the Tribulation are the trumps of angels delivering the JUDGMENTS of God's WRATH.

The Rapture takes place not with the trumpet of angels but with the "Trumpet of GOD."

Let us not confuse the "Trumpet of God" with the temple trumpets or the shofar. Remember that those trumpets continue during the Millennium, so none of them are "the last trump" anyway.

The silver trumpet
Make two silver trumpets for yourself; you shall make them of hammered work; you shall use them for calling the assembly and for directing the movement of the camps.
Numbers 10:2

The shofar or ram's horn
Rosh HaShanah is the day of "the blowing of the trumpets."
According to the Mishnah, the trumpet used for this purpose is the ram's horn not the silver trumpets mentioned in Numbers 10.

There are two FUNCTIONS of Trumpets:
1. the Trumpet call to war
2. the Trumpet call to assembly

The seven trumps of the Book of Revelation are trumps of war, trumpets of judgment.
The trumpet of the seventh angel in Rev. 10:7 is straightforwardly presented as the last of seven trumpets of angels blown in a sequence as God releases His WRATH upon a Christ-rejecting world.

The trump of Corinthians is not a trump of judgment;
it is not a trump of angels;
it is the Trump of God;
a trump of assembly.

When Jesus comes with the Trump of God, it is the call to assembly.

Paul mentions the "Trumpet of God" in connection with the rapture.
It is interesting that this term appears only twice in the Bible:
at the giving of the Law on Mount Sinai at Pentecost;
and at the Rapture.

When Jesus comes, it's with the "Trump of God." He's coming to assemble the Church, not pour judgment on her.

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the Trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1 Corinthians 15:51-53

http://the-rapture-doctrine.blogspot.com/2007/02/trump-of-god.html

I agree with you Shiloh. On the other hand, I understand the rabbinical hope is that one day on the Feast of Trumpets the very last note will be one played by God Himself announcing His arrival. I think the bigger deal is the "day no one knows" bit and the next feast in order bit. That and it's a fall harvest while the spring feasts celebrated the first fruits of the season. But I like each and every Mo'ed and every day in between them as well.

Yesterday I turned on the tube and was watching TBN.I dont usually watch too much of this programming(sometimes)Anyhow,there was a Messianic Jew on there talking about the rapture and the shofar blast!The the show after that was just
a general discussion about the rapture....everybody is focusing on the rapture right now:)

TX Thom, so you mean he is referring to His arrival as in the Second Coming, right? I can see that feast being fulfilled at the Second Coming and if that's what you mean, I agree. I'm also looking at every moment of every day too for our departure. Let's all giddy up-n-gooooooooo!!!!!!!! We're ready, Jesus.

He is making the very valid point that we don't wait to hear the trumpets of men calling to God, nor the trumpets of angels pronouncing His judgment on the earth, but rather the Trumpet of God calling His Betrothed to gather corporately for the finishing of her Covenant making - the Wedding of the Lamb.

The Trumpet of God only has been heard once. It was at Mt. Sinai with Israel gathered at the foot of the mountain. By rabbinical tradition it started out as a thundering blast that continued to grow louder and louder until everyone was on their face before the glory of the Lord, His Shekinah presence covering them as a cloud. This was when He (Father God) made His covenant with Israel corporately and after which called her as His wife.

The Church has never been gathered corporately, because we are spread across the entire globe and by two thousand years of existence. But the next time the Trumpet of God blows, all of the Church will gather together to meet Him in the air. From all tribes and nations, as well as all times, living and dead alike. When we are together as One corporate Body, then will our Betrothal be finalized.

My opinion is while this is true, there's nothing to say that God won't join in the trumpet blasts of the priests. He will most certainly not be waiting until the trumpet judgments, however. We know that the Church will provoke Israel to jealousy, and this will help her come to the Lord as Her corporate Savior. This is one of the best reasons, for me, of a rapture on a Mo'ed date. Israel knows that these dates are divinely ordained for God to meet with His people. Having Him meet with another people than themselves would provoke them to jealousy, especially when all the Messianics left together with the Gentiles.

Email: TxThom@Raptureintheairnow.com

Okay, I see what you're saying.

Very, Very Interesting....uh? what's a Mo'ed??

It's a moped, you silly goose! lol

A Mo'ed is a small motorcycle like vehicle with pedals...wait a minute. No, that's a Moped.

Ah, Mo'ed's are divine appointments set by God to call His people into His physical presence. You probably hear them referred to as Feasts. Which doesn't quite work for the days in which they are called to fast. Remember that in ye olde days the presence of God dwelt in a tabernacle or a Temple, so everyone was supposed to go there. By command on three appointment times (Passover, Shavout (Pentecost) and Sukkot (tabernacles))and by invitation on the other dates. We, indwelt by God, don't need an invitation to come into the presence of God. We're already there. Especially with two or more, and during worship or prayer when we pay better attention to His abiding presence.

Got it, TX Thom. We should always be aware of HIS divine presence. How could we ignore it? I was just teasing Morningstar. She gets my humor. No harm meant.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com