Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Special Day

1 It happened, that when he finished praying in a certain place, one of his talmidim said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as Yochanan also taught his talmidim."

2 He said to them, "When you pray, say,

'Our Father in heaven, May your name be kept holy.
May your kingdom come.
May your will be done on Eretz, as it is in heaven.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 Forgive us our sins, For we ourselves also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
Bring us not into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one.'" [Luke 11:1-4 HNV]

What’s special about September 4? Perhaps it’s your birthday or anniversary. That would make it special. Or maybe you could celebrate the historic events of this day. For instance, in 1781, the city of Los Angeles, California, was founded. Or this: In 1993, Jim Abbott, a pitcher for the New York Yankees, didn’t let anyone get a hit off his pitches—and he was born without a right hand. Or if you’re a TV fan: In 1951, the first live US coast-to-coast television broadcast was aired from San Francisco.

But what if none of these events and facts seem to make your September 4 special? Try these ideas:

Today God gives you a new opportunity to praise Him. Psalm 118:24 says, “This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.”

Today God provides for you and wants your trust. “Give us day by day our daily bread” (Luke 11:3).

Today God wants to speak to you through His Word. The believers at Berea “searched the Scriptures daily” (Acts 17:11).

Today God desires to renew your inner person. “The inward man is being renewed day by day” (2 Cor. 4:16).

With God as your guide, September 4—and every day—can be special.

This is the day the Lord hath made,
He calls the hours His own;
Let heaven rejoice, let earth be glad,
And praise surround the throne. —Watts

Each new day gives us new reasons to praise the Lord.

A Special Day
"Fair Use For Educational or Discussion Purposes"

Email: jonathan@raptureintheairnow.com

Re: A Special Day

Thank you, Jonathan!

I will practice the scriptures you gave today!

YSiC,
Patti : )

Website: Check out this video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopzID7EltI&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sent from my iPhone

Funny, today is my b-day....

Happy Birthday Mom of 2.

Thank you, rieom. My husband bought me a Reese's ice cream cake and a puzzle. Just need some Mexican food now, my favorite.

I love to make puzzles too, especially in the winter.

Jonathan - Loved this study you presented for us and it was a confirmation for me. Last week I had this "nudge" to return to a prayer I learned as a child, The Our Father. The part that jumped out for me was forgiving other their trespasses. Silly me, I thought I had forgiven everyone in my life but I obviously have more work to do.

Sounds like we would get along real well, my closest friend right now is a grandmother and she knits and does puzzles too.

Happy Birthday, Mom of 2!
(Sorry...don't know how to embed on this side).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMvtECOg9-M

Email: rbmomof4@yahoo.com

Email: jonathan@raptureintheairnow.com

Thank you Jonathan the Lord gave me this psalm last week, this is another confirmation of His opening the gate.

Happy Birthday Momof2!

ENJOY!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com