Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
No One Knows The Day Or The Hour - by Jack Kelley
Re: No One Knows The Day Or The Hour - by Jack Kelley

Thanks for this teaching Shiloh. This man is a good teacher I like the way he explains things. Makes everything so clear and that is no easy task. I want to highlight these parts because they are SO important. And cleared a few things up for me.

The Church is the Bride, not a bridesmaid, there’s only one bride, not 10, and the banquet follows the wedding, it doesn’t precede it. There’s no way a newly married bride can be excluded from her own wedding banquet by a husband who claims he doesn’t know her. The parable is about tribulation survivors, 5 of whom are saved and enter the Kingdom and 5 who are not and don’t.

when the Lord coined the phrase, “No one knows the day or hour” He was talking about His 2nd Coming, not the Rapture. But even then it’s the disobedient who are caught by surprise in these parables, not the faithful.

When we hear someone suggest or even insist on this time or that one, our response should not be to automatically condemn the person for “date-setting”. It should be to “search the Scriptures daily to see if those things be true” before making a decision about it.

Personally I would much rather see the Church engaged in a lively discussion about the nearness of end times events than to see us trot out the old “No one knows the day or hour” line while sticking our heads back in the sand. What subject is a more important topic for discussion today? And think of all the extra crowns the Lord would have to order. Besides, people don’t fall away when dates come and go because if they’re saved they can’t fall away. If they fall away they weren’t saved to begin with. The Lord doesn’t miss opportunities to save people because of mistakes men make. He knew those who are His before He laid the Earth’s foundations, and promised not to lose even one of us.

Amen thanks again Sis Love you!

Re: No One Knows The Day Or The Hour - by Jack Kelley

Shiloh Excellent article by Jack Kelley, I must say I am guilty of using those same words " we do not know the day or hour" but not because I didn't want to hear about the Rapture because I long for that glorious day, but because we don't know the exact day or hour of His coming. This brings a different insight to what Jesus was saying to the Apostles. Good food for thought.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com