Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
When is Yom Teruah 2013?

Yom Teruah this year will begin at sunset on Saturday September 7, 2013 and continue until sunset on Sunday September 8, 2013.

The new moon will only be potentially visible from Israel on Saturday night September 7, 2013. Visibility is impossible from Israel on September 6, 2013. The last new moon was sighted from Israel on Thursday night August 8, 2013. This makes Saturday night September 7 the 31st evening from the previous sighting. Since a lunar month can only be 29 or 30 days long, Saturday night has to be Yom Teruah by default, whether or not the moon is actually sighted.

Of course, our diligent observers in Israel will do their best to sight the moon and we will make known the results in this newsletter and on Facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/NehemiaGordon

Most Jews will be observing “Rosh Hashannah” from Wednesday at sunset September 4 until Friday at Sunset September 6. This is based on the Hillel II calendar, established according to rabbinical tradition in 359 CE. The Hillel II calendar is often off by 2 days, but in this case it is clearly off by 3 days. The new moon will be visible from the southern hemisphere on Friday night, but visibility is impossible from Israel until Saturday night. Here are the stats for Israel at sunset:

Friday night: 21 minutes lagtime; 1.58% illumination.
Saturday night: 58 minutes lagtime; 5.17% illumination.

For more information on Yom Teruah, please visit:
http://www.karaite-korner.org/yom_teruah.shtml

Moadim Le-Simchah!
Happy Appointed Times!

Nehemia Gordon
Changsha, China

When is Yom Teruah 2013?
"Fair Use For Educational or Discussion Purposes"

Email: jonathan@raptureintheairnow.com

Re: When is Yom Teruah 2013?

Really? I have to wait longer...not fair :( Thanks for the info. Jonathan!

As a FYI, Hillel II's calculations were necessary during the diaspora because there was no way for Israel dispersed to know when the moon was visible from the outskirts of Jerusalem, away from the torchlight as was the biblical instruction for determining calender dates. So Hillel figured out a way to calculate the dates with pretty good accuracy. Now that Israel is back in her place, however, the Karaite Jews (who hold scripture as authoritative and G-d breathed, but not rabbinical tradition)are once again making human sightings of the new moon and the Abib (or Aviv) status of barley harvests the means of determining the calendar according to G-d's instructions. Nehemia is an ancient languages scholar and has frequently taught with Christians as well as made scholarly translations of the New Testament books / letters, but he does not accept Yeshua as his Messiah. Yet.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

TxThom- I am confused, are you saying that the accuracy of the Kariate Jews are inaccurate? That Hillel's timing is more in line with the true Jewish calender? This is getting a bit above my head lol. But want to understand.

No Dear Beloved One In Christ

He says, with Jonathan, that Yom Teruah will START at:
11:57 AM EST friday, september 6 2013

and FINISH, that is the 100th shofar blast the LAST TRUMP at:
11:54 AM EST sunday, september 8 2013

That this is the biblical way of determining Yom Teruah.

Be all blessed of YHWH

Daniel

I will be watching all week...but especially at the time the trumpets are blown. I think the high watch period from Friday till Sunday!

Hillel's calculations were invaluable for Israel when she was scattered among the nations and could physically not judge the calendar according to God's instructions. Since she is back in the land God gave her, I think the Kariate position is more biblically accurate. And the one I think God would be paying more attention to, if that were a reasonable thing to say about God since He pays attention to Everything. Nehemia Gordon's post today says that since a lunar month is limited to 29 or 30 days, and since the last new moon was sighted from Israel on Thursday night August 8, 2013 (setting the first day of the month by biblical instruction) then the Feast of Trumpets by biblical instruction has to start by Saturday night. He is using astronomical software to determine that the moon won't be visible from Israel before that date, although I'm sure his buddies will be looking carefully anyways.

So by a combination of strictly following the Bible, with expectations based on astronomical calculations, he is saying Rosh Hashanah or Yom Teruah or Feast of Trumpets starts Saturday night. Hillel says tonight. I say what a wonderful example of not knowing the day or the hour, even though that verse actually applies to the second coming and not the Rapture. It's a high watch week. He can come whenever He wants to, and it's fine by me. Indeed, I am becoming a bit sadder about it when considering the fate of the world left behind. While our escape before the fertilizer hits the air distribution system becomes sweeter, the horror of the alternative grows more stunning. No wonder He's been patient, waiting for all the Bride to come to Him before blowing the Trumpet.

Following now! Yes I watched the video about the moon actually not being visible until saturday evening, making last trump Sunday! Indeed He does have patience, I am finding myself really being tested in the patience area as this week creeps slowly by! I appreciate the further explanaition and I will sit and pray for those who in my life, may not be escaping :(

I just LOVE reading these threads where I barely understand a word, Lol!
(sigh) I'll be smart again "in the twinkling of an eye"!!
Hopefully before Monday!!

Website: Check out this video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopzID7EltI&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sent from my iPhone

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com